The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
I have just started watching Gantz... I actually was flicking through Netflix and found Gantz-O. I really enjoyed that in a weird way so I looked into the full anime of Gantz. So I started watching the first few episodes yesterday and.. Wow its weird but fun, a bit pervy and gross in places. Great fun though..

Associate
Dragonball Super is back in action with the new universe survival arc. No more fillers! This weeks episode was excellent.

I'm kind of hoping Gohan gets beaten badly in this preliminary and Goku says how disappointed he is in him or something. Gohan's my favourite character after Vegetto, but he needs to really get his arse into gear. I think a serious pep talk from Goku would do the trick.

Caporegime
Well he took a beating when fighting Frieza and that was definitely a bit of a wake up call for him. I don't think his fight against Laveandar will be easy, I think he'll win as it'll be the "Gohan Comeback" and then he'll see he needs to REALLY train for the sake of the universe. Thats my prediction. I don't think Goku would ever be dissapointed with him though

Soldato
I'm slightly bothered by the Universe 7 team outside of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Buu. The remaining members have all been useless in battle since probably the Cell Games and Master Roshi hasn't even managed to go "Over 9000!" in power level.

Caporegime
I'm slightly bothered by the Universe 7 team outside of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Buu. The remaining members have all been useless in battle since probably the Cell Games and Master Roshi hasn't even managed to go "Over 9000!" in power level.

It will be interesting to see how they play it. The power level gaps are pretty big between everyone. Like Buu is very strong, but Gohan is way stronger than him, then Goku & Vegeta are off the charts in comparison to Gohan. The rest of the Universe 7 team are similar in this respect.

Master Roshi is powerful for a human.
Krillin powerful compared to Roshi
Tien is powerful compared to Krillin...etc etc. The only two which are similar are 17 & 18. Then you get to the region of Buu, Gohan, Vegeta & Goku.

So lots of vastly different levels.

It feels like they've gone for the strongest "from earth" rather than the whole universe. Like where is Pikkon? (I can't actually remember if he is dead or alive right now)

I agree with what you're saying but then again I think the arc will be decent. The stakes are high so all the fighting should be pretty decent.

Soldato
Do you think we will ever see a proper full series of devilman and i mean the good version based off of the 2 great ova's back around the early 90s or late 80s. I have seen devil lady and thought it was good but id much rather seen the duo back in similar art style as ova's with same english dub cast back for main characters.just in a 12-24 episode variety. a lot of anime these days dont have that edge of violence and swearing that they used to do back in the day. Its very tame and the animation is too clean if u know what i mean for these days anime compar3d to stuff back then. Recently watched devilman vs cyborg 006 or somit and devilman isnt crazy enough and the voice sucks and he looks all green and horridly drawn compared to proper devilman. Damn shame they messed up on that. Plus the demons sucked so much in design and hardcoreness compared to the old ovas it is worth crying over.

Soldato
It's unlikely. There is a 3rd OVA ep made in 2000 Amon: The Darkside of the Devilman or The Apocalypse of the Devilman that is reasonably close to the first 2. And certainly high on violence.
Don't think it was dubbed. A lot of the swearing was added in the English dub.

Soldato
For people near Nottingham I'd point out the Broadway is showing the anime film A Silent Voice on 18/3 as part of the week long Japanese film thing that's on about that time every year. If you want to see it then is probably a good idea to book tickets given that the equivalent anime film last year sold out completely.

According to the website it's being shown subbed (yay!) but unfortunately it's in the matinee slot which means there will likely be numpty parents who just see 'cartoon' and don't see 'subtitled' or in most cases even the films' rating ...

Soldato
For people near Nottingham I'd point out the Broadway is showing the anime film A Silent Voice on 18/3 as part of the week long Japanese film thing that's on about that time every year. If you want to see it then is probably a good idea to book tickets given that the equivalent anime film last year sold out completely.

According to the website it's being shown subbed (yay!) but unfortunately it's in the matinee slot which means there will likely be numpty parents who just see 'cartoon' and don't see 'subtitled' or in most cases even the films' rating ...

A Silent Voice has a limited opening on the 15th March and a run in select cinemas from the 17th.

This site has the screenings http://asilentvoice.co.uk/

Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale Opens on the 19th April as well.

Both Subbed only as no English Dub exists.

Back
Top Bottom