• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

Votes: 142 41.0%
  • 1700X

Votes: 92 26.6%
  • 1800X

Votes: 112 32.4%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
How is the Gaming 3, I'm not normally one to spend mega bucks on a mobo and I am seriously not bothered about RGB.
Seems solid so far, not quite there with RAM speed support (2666mhz is currently as high as I can go) but I'm sure that will improve with BIOS releases.

I'm yet to really test its clockspeed ability as I'm still using the stock cooler

Soldato
If I hadn't just upgraded to a 6700k, I'd probably be going for a 1700. As it is, I won't be upgrading for quite a few years, now :\

The TDP is the winning factor, as much as I like overclocking, I do it for some bench play time here and there and only use it if gaming really needs it. A cool and thus quiet system is what I want more than anything these days.

Associate
Sent a web note to OCUK to see if they can change my order from the CH6 to the Gigabyte Gaming K7, seeing to many people reporting problems with the ASUS for my liking.

Soldato
Sent a web note to OCUK to see if they can change my order from the CH6 to the Gigabyte Gaming K7, seeing to many people reporting problems with the ASUS for my liking.
Asus seem to have been the unlucky ones here, being ready on time seems to have bitten them in the ass a little as it would appear the ASrocks will have improved microcode if what i'm reading in discord and other forums is true.

That said the Z170 Gaming K3 was an absolute corker of a board for Value for money hopefully the X370 will match up.

All said and done though Asus do get bios's and updates out pretty sharpish so hopefully it's just a stutter.

Associate
Asus seem to have been the unlucky ones here, being ready on time seems to have bitten them in the ass a little as it would appear the ASrocks will have improved microcode if what i'm reading in discord and other forums is true.

That said the Z170 Gaming K3 was an absolute corker of a board for Value for money hopefully the X370 will match up.

All said and done though Asus do get bios's and updates out pretty sharpish so hopefully it's just a stutter.

What does this mean for people who bought the ASUS Hero board? Mine has arrived but I'm just waiting on a gpu back from RMA, system boots and I've reinstalled windows using a mates GPU. If there is a revision or a recall will owners be notified about it?

Soldato
What does this mean for people who bought the ASUS Hero board? Mine has arrived but I'm just waiting on a gpu back from RMA, system boots and I've reinstalled windows using a mates GPU. If there is a revision or a recall will owners be notified about it?
I don't know it seems to be totally hit and miss, my c6H works for both me and 8pack and as you can see from images I've shown you we've hammered it though some hefty voltages and benchmarks.

But some people have had problems, Seems that single sided DDR4 is the preffered memory of Asus atm which is very weird in itself, Obviously all options apply Right to cancel warranty etc. So you can switch your order if you like or send your items back.

Associate
I don't know it seems to be totally hit and miss, my c6H works for both me and 8pack and as you can see from images I've shown you we've hammered it though some hefty voltages and benchmarks.

But some people have had problems, Seems that single sided DDR4 is the preffered memory of Asus atm which is very weird in itself, Obviously all options apply Right to cancel warranty etc. So you can switch your order if you like or send your items back.

Fair enough, I only messed with mine for all of 5 mins to see if I could get the ram up to just under 3ghz and it seemed fine. Just worried as I've heard stories of C6H's automatically initiating a BIOS update (possibly something to do with AI suite??) and then bricking themselves. I like everything else about the motherboard (aside from leaving out the wireless module, anyone know here to get one?). Hopefully mine will allow some reasonable OCing!

Soldato
Fair enough, I only messed with mine for all of 5 mins to see if I could get the ram up to just under 3ghz and it seemed fine. Just worried as I've heard stories of C6H's automatically initiating a BIOS update (possibly something to do with AI suite??) and then bricking themselves. I like everything else about the motherboard (aside from leaving out the wireless module, anyone know here to get one?). Hopefully mine will allow some reasonable OCing!

No idea I do think people should avoid bios flashback atm and just use EZ updater and stick with a proper bios not a beta one on the C6H

Soldato

I took one off a Z97 that was dead, was going to use it on a CH6 but got a B350. Might get a CH6 when stock is about:

WP_20170305_00_17_07_Pro_zps4wdgubsh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom