1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by Gibbo, Feb 22, 2017.

?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

1. 1700

142 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. 1700X

92 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. 1800X

112 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Seems solid so far, not quite there with RAM speed support (2666mhz is currently as high as I can go) but I'm sure that will improve with BIOS releases.

I'm yet to really test its clockspeed ability as I'm still using the stock cooler

2. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

^^^ You can still try OC with stock cooler man!!!

3. Frozennova

Man of Honour

I worded it badly, currently at 3.7 with a minor voltage bump but temps are as high as I'd like while encoding

4. TheMorningStar

Mobster

If I hadn't just upgraded to a 6700k, I'd probably be going for a 1700. As it is, I won't be upgrading for quite a few years, now :\

The TDP is the winning factor, as much as I like overclocking, I do it for some bench play time here and there and only use it if gaming really needs it. A cool and thus quiet system is what I want more than anything these days.

5. kiwi1979

Gangster

Sent a web note to OCUK to see if they can change my order from the CH6 to the Gigabyte Gaming K7, seeing to many people reporting problems with the ASUS for my liking.

6. TwsT

Sgarrista

Asus seem to have been the unlucky ones here, being ready on time seems to have bitten them in the ass a little as it would appear the ASrocks will have improved microcode if what i'm reading in discord and other forums is true.

That said the Z170 Gaming K3 was an absolute corker of a board for Value for money hopefully the X370 will match up.

All said and done though Asus do get bios's and updates out pretty sharpish so hopefully it's just a stutter.

7. old gamer

Mobster

Thinking the same, might even go for the k5 and save £50

8. Solaihs

Associate

What does this mean for people who bought the ASUS Hero board? Mine has arrived but I'm just waiting on a gpu back from RMA, system boots and I've reinstalled windows using a mates GPU. If there is a revision or a recall will owners be notified about it?

9. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

Seem word is that end of next week K7s should be rolling into the UK , i think 5s this week and start of next:)

10. TwsT

Sgarrista

I don't know it seems to be totally hit and miss, my c6H works for both me and 8pack and as you can see from images I've shown you we've hammered it though some hefty voltages and benchmarks.

But some people have had problems, Seems that single sided DDR4 is the preffered memory of Asus atm which is very weird in itself, Obviously all options apply Right to cancel warranty etc. So you can switch your order if you like or send your items back.

11. Bonjour

Sgarrista

I'm thinking I may be all over the 5 like a rash.

12. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

Hopefully OCUK will be able to confirm

13. icey_haj

Mobster

What is the main difference between the K7 and the gaming 5? Memory speed?

14. Nutella33

Mobster

Just a Bclk OC chip on the K7 and a black plastic on the board afaik.

15. Solaihs

Associate

Fair enough, I only messed with mine for all of 5 mins to see if I could get the ram up to just under 3ghz and it seemed fine. Just worried as I've heard stories of C6H's automatically initiating a BIOS update (possibly something to do with AI suite??) and then bricking themselves. I like everything else about the motherboard (aside from leaving out the wireless module, anyone know here to get one?). Hopefully mine will allow some reasonable OCing!

16. TwsT

Sgarrista

No idea I do think people should avoid bios flashback atm and just use EZ updater and stick with a proper bios not a beta one on the C6H

17. FredFlint

Wise Guy

I took one off a Z97 that was dead, was going to use it on a CH6 but got a B350. Might get a CH6 when stock is about:

[​IMG]

18. Furbs

Wise Guy

I may purchase today. What coolers would people advise?

19. woppy101

Mobster

20. marv

Hitman

Picked up my 1800x today just waiting on a 115i bracket and the msi carbon pro to arrive :D