• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: SO RYZEN: WHICH ONE DID YOU BUY OR ARE GONNA BUY?

Which Ryzen did you buy or are planning to buy?

Votes: 142 41.0%
  • 1700X

Votes: 92 26.6%
  • 1800X

Votes: 112 32.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thank you OCUK for Saturday delivery xD

image.jpg

Soldato
People were waiting to see if they were speed binned. If the reviews showed that the 1800X was overclocking higher than the 1700 I would have bought one of them.

I've always taken the stance that get the best value for money, and biggest OC from the smallest investment, rather than the ultimate highest clock since you paid 20% more, but only for like 3% more OC. Anyway, that how I've always seen overclocking.

Associate
Should be a piece of cake :)

I'm not sure if they ship to Austria, best to directly contact them to confirm.
Well I just started to read into that stuff and kinda wanna try out on the 3770k but this is already my sisters pc now... and she just doesnt care lol.
Well I think I'm going with an 1700 and hope that I can manage the OCing. In which thread can I ask the staff?

Soldato
Well I just started to read into that stuff and kinda wanna try out on the 3770k but this is already my sisters pc now... and she just doesnt care lol.
Well I think I'm going with an 1700 and hope that I can manage the OCing. In which thread can I ask the staff?

I'm sure someone on here will have an answer. @Gibbo

I would also wait till 8pack releases some pre-overclocked bundles, might save some time and hassle.

If you don'get an answer, then send a webnote; https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pre-sales-enquiry

Caporegime
Completely out of the loop around new hardware

Are any of the not yet released iterations suitable for a gaming HTpc?
I'm looking for efficient rather than cheap etc. TDP/heat is my major issue

From what I gather the lower offerings are yet to come, my 4770k is fine I think in my desktop

Running i3 2120 atm

Caporegime
It's nice reading about how excited people are concerning their future purchases/what system build they're going to put together, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that I won't be trying these chips out anytime soon; the extra cores and threads would really be useful. Also, it's been a long time since I've had an AMD CPU in my system, so perhaps when I next upgrade I'll make the jump then as I'd like to try out one of their processors again. If I was buying now I'd probably go for the 1700 . :)

V F

V F

Soldato
It's nice reading about how excited people are concerning their future purchases/what system build they're going to put together, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that I won't be trying these chips out anytime soon; the extra cores and threads would really be useful. Also, it's been a long time since I've had an AMD CPU in my system, so perhaps when I next upgrade I'll make the jump then as I'd like to try out one of their processors again. If I was buying now I'd probably go for the 1700 . :)

Sometimes I cannot get over it is nearly 7 years since I bought an AMD processor. I remember the days I used to upgrade every 2 years.

Soldato
Exciting times, have ordered a 1700 and Asus B350 mATX for Monday delivery :D

Last AMD I had was the Phenom XII 955BE - just had a look back through my emails for the invoice and I see that I bought it from OcUK in Jan 2010 for the princely sum of £130

Prices have increased somewhat :eek:

Caporegime
Sometimes I cannot get over it is nearly 7 years since I bought an AMD processor. I remember the days I used to upgrade every 2 years.

I think it's around nine years for me (AMD 4400+ socket 939), which I bought back in 2005. I replaced it in 2008 with a Q6600.

Back
Top Bottom