233s many mile Mondeo

Soldato
OP
How much money is this costing you in lost earnings?

Can you not get a courtesy cab to use whilst they are pulling their thumbs out of their arses?

I'm a cabbie myself so I can understand any frustration you may be feeling.

Let's just say it's head in hands time

Week today they've had it and the dealer openly admits they have no idea what's wrong with it

God I miss the old workhorse Peugeot 406s and early VP engines octavias things of simplicity. Always easy to diagnose on you just looked at what had fallen off

Soldato
They still have no idea what it is? I would be fuming after a week. They need to start subbing parts, which they avoid as it costs them money.

Soldato
OP
well that's us at over a week now, still no diagnosis supposed to be running a leak down test today at some point which they suspect will point to it being a fuel pump issue

wheres the head hitting off the wall smiley when you need it

Soldato
dealership have ordered a leak down test kit

I'm shocked by this. How have they functioned without one? Leak down test kit can be had for about £15 and is about the most basic of tests to do when diagnosing a diesel. It's part of the standard dealer special equipment, we even got sent out a new kit a few weeks back for whatever reason.

well that's us at over a week now, still no diagnosis supposed to be running a leak down test today at some point which they suspect will point to it being a fuel pump issue

It'll help rule out injectors but it won't diagnose a fuel pump. And the fact you mentioned they had a Ford field tech out doesn't fill me with confidence. I've worked with Ford for 2 years now and we have never even thought about doing such a thing.

Sounds like you've had some bad luck with a bit of a useless dealership. It sounds like a fault that should be easy to pinpoint with some pretty basic checks. :(

Soldato
OP
cant really imagine another dealer wanting to entertain it after another dealers had it in bits.

who knows another one might be worse.

will chase them again tomorrow for a status update, hope they've at least fitted the driveshafts

Soldato
OP
really starting to get ever so slightly frustrated at just how long this is dragging on for now. dealers done more diagnosis today and concluded that it might possibly be the metering unit in the fuel pump that's at fault.

plan to consult with Ford and hopefully (although I take this with a quarry full of salt. it will be sorted tommorow

Associate
Hopefully you'll get everything sorted today 233!

In regards to the unlimited mileage, what made the dealer change their mind to 100k? I find it hard to believe they can argue with it when it clearly states in black and white it's unlimited.

Soldato
Did get a chuckle when I heard it had broken down on a road test :)

But tommorow were into day 10 even worse when it's your livelihood and your not earning
That is shocking and it's not like they can just give you another motor to carry on working with. Fingers crossed for today.

Soldato
OP
well its not looking promising,

spoke to the dealership today and their still testing wiring (wtf ?) bear in mind that if it is a metering unit they still have to get one into the dealership and fit it.

Soldato
OP
well by all accounts my car had 4 mechanics working on it today, and I guess i'm supposed to be very impressed that they used an oscilloscope to diagnose that the fuel pump is faulty :rolleyes:

should get approval to order one tomorrow. I really am starting to loose the will to live here. going to be 2 weeks off the road by the time I get it back at a minimum.

finally supposed to be getting a courtesy car tomorrow, did ask for a mustang but i'm only getting a fiesta :(

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

well by all accounts my car had 4 mechanics working on it today, and I guess i'm supposed to be very impressed that they used an oscilloscope to diagnose that the fuel pump is faulty :rolleyes:

called it!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The fuel pump would have been the first thing I'd have changed with the symptoms you described.

Back
Top Bottom