233s many mile Mondeo

Soldato
well by all accounts my car had 4 mechanics working on it today, and I guess i'm supposed to be very impressed that they used an oscilloscope to diagnose that the fuel pump is faulty :rolleyes:

should get approval to order one tomorrow. I really am starting to loose the will to live here. going to be 2 weeks off the road by the time I get it back at a minimum.

finally supposed to be getting a courtesy car tomorrow, did ask for a mustang but i'm only getting a fiesta :(

You need to use a different place next time. When i took mine in for something to be looked at they had a courtesy car ready and waiting.

Soldato
OP
You need to use a different place next time. When i took mine in for something to be looked at they had a courtesy car ready and waiting.
in fairness I had it dragged into them before they opened. never really thought about a courtesy car until now as I've not needed one.

Surely you have another spare car as a backup and don't rely on just one single car with that kind of job ?

got a few other cars but they all have drivers on them so works getting covered, just means i'm earning a commission rather than a full earnings on jobs I would normally do myself

Soldato
OP
I'd be screaming for courtesy car asap.

Got one
17211989_1787047261616843_1245986677923808576_o.jpg

Super potent 1.2 super poverty spec fiesta that the couldn't even be bothered to wash or hoover Then had the cheek to tell me no pets in it. My kids are ten times worse than my dog.
I did ask for a mustang but they weren't having it.
Don't get me wrong I appreciate the fact I'm still able to get about but it's a Mondeo with a fuel pump problem. It some high end exotics getting on towards 2 weeks off the road now Looking like at least Tuesday/Wednesday to get mine back

Last edited:
Soldato
that Fiesta must be horrible to drive about in compared to the Mondeo. You should have demanded a like for like replacement. Sounds like rubbish customer service so far nearly 2 weeks for a suspected diagnosis of a fuel pump on a common Mondeo is terrible.

Soldato
OP
Not sure if I'm more annoyed with Ford or your sideways picture! :p:o

my bad, I did try to edit it in photobucket but doesn't want to play ball on iPhone,

the fiesta is err interesting and supposedly has 80bhp. does the job that said a bit miffed that the dealership state no pets in the car though, its covered in long blonde hairs and the carpets filthy. I know i'm not a paying customer but would have taken literally 10 minutes to give it a hose down and a quick hoover.

Fuel pump is due to arrive with the dealers Monday lunchtime with me hopefully getting the car back Tuesday PM :rolleyes:.

Evans Halshaw solid 2/10 for effort so far. though I reserve the right to take that down further if they don't fix the Mondeo. just gutted I don't have the Omega in a roadworthy condition. it might be nigh on 20 year old but just as comfy as the Mondeo and i'm off down south this weekend.

Soldato
The inside of the courtesy car I got from Ford was disgusting on the inside too. No need for it. I don't expect it to be perfect but I don't expect old sandwich packets and filth so thick you can write your name in it.

Soldato
OP
The inside of the courtesy car I got from Ford was disgusting on the inside too. No need for it. I don't expect it to be perfect but I don't expect old sandwich packets and filth so thick you can write your name in it.

just a DGAF attitude from the dealers it seems

mines is even worse Blue car white wheels mirrors and roof and I live in the east end (celtic side) of Glasgow on an old firm weekend. thanks Ford

Soldato
9 locations vs 120 though.

Their Glasgow Ford dealership has better reviews than all 3 of Evan Halshaws.

My point was really that Evan Halshaws are terrible everywhere, or at least in my experience.

Soldato
OP
now into day 14 and still not back on the road. yet again i'm doing the running for updates and chasing the service manager, seems still waiting on a fuel pump to be delivered from Manchester that was supposedly ordered Friday.

if they had said it might not arrive Monday i'd have jumped down myself and picked it up Saturday AM.

angry internet ranting cant express just how annoyed I am right now.

Soldato
Evans Halshaw lost the v5 for the first ST I tried to buy then forgot to transfer it from where they centrally held them for the second. Made the sales guy drive a couple of hours round trip to get it while I got the train there but the excuse was that he "didn't think I was going there to buy it that day" :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Day 15 update. Fuel pump was ordered and was supposed to arrive at my dealers yesterday morning for fitment yesterday pm and final testing today with the car coming back to me this afternoon.

despite confirming that the pump had been ordered it now turns out it never turned up yesterday and upon checking its on backorder with no confirmed date for stock.
ETA is somewhere around the 22nd but not guaranteed.

i'd like to know how ford doesn't have a single spare fuel pump for a 2l tdci lump considering the same part is used across umpteen different models. i'm really starting to wish severe pain and much suffering on all those at Ford right now.
I could understand a lack of parts availability if I was looking for something rare and unusual. but a fuel pump for an engine that that's probably in 1 in 4 cars their selling at the moment baffles me

Ford CRC (customer relationship centre) are about as much use as well nothing really I was going to say chocolate teapot but i'm sure that would be infinitely more useful than.

cant speak to my assigned advisor as she's on the phone, cant get a call back off her until tomorrow as her workload is very heavy atm. Maybe if Ford actually employed more people to deal with issues rather than having me phone up and speak to 2 different people confirm all my details and security information to try and pass me to someone else. Ready for a Ranty McRantface moment anytime now about supply chains and parts availability.

Last edited:
Soldato
There used to be a saying about FORD but can't remember what it was - can only come up with this- Fixed On Rare Days.

I thought my Focus was playing up today -yellow light came on but it was only to warn me the Key Fob battery was low.

I would be spitting nails by now waiting for a repair.

Back
Top Bottom