• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
Seems if you want the best gaming experience and don't want to wait for Microsoft to update Windows 10, just use 7 and get a 21% increase in minimum FPS in CS:GO; or a 300% increase in Minimums in Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Come on man he even said in the comments to ignore the minimum fps in windows 10 because it's a bug. Only the CSGO one is actually better.

Soldato
When the 1700 arrives next week, hopefully, I will compare it with the 6700K @4.8 on Windows 10 and windows 7 (fresh installs). I will post the benchmarks as have already promised some time ago.

In addition I will test it with single FuryX and Crossfire mode.
Other than 3D Mark, Deus Ex Mankind, TW Warhammer (DX11/12), The Division (DX11/12), GTA V, what other games you want?
I don't have that many late games unfortunately, maybe try also the Doom demo if it has build in benchmark, or Arma 3 if it has build in benchmark also.
Let me know your thoughts.

Associate
Will a very kind-hearted forumer that owns Ryzen do me a massive favour!? Pleeeeeease :D

Ok so Antec want me to send proof of a Ryzen mobo or cpu purchase before they will ship me an AM4 bracket for my AIO cooler ....BUT then it won't ship for at least 2 weeks from the date that they receive them. So god knows when that will be!!??

And obviously I've not bought my Ryzen stuff yet because I want to be able to set it all up straight away / same time. But can't do that until I get the AM4 bracket from Antec!

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. I could buy Ryzen now but it could be sat here for months until I can build it. :(

All I would need is a copy of an invoice for a Ryzen cpu or mobo. Obviously you can blank out your address etc if you prefer. Or I could superimpose my details over yours to be crafty. I just need to get the ball rolling with Antec so then I can finally order Ryzen.

Soldato
Yeah tried it Monday and Tuesday. Seems very solid for cpu. All 1700 I tried doing 4ghz on it. Memory depended really on numerous factors. All working but not always clocking high. Will try more Monday when I get back to the office. Been at Ek since Wednesday.
this is nice to hear, 99% sure this is the board for me!

Associate
more manufacturers are making AM4 Ram, Adata validated Z1 for 3200mhz (with 4200mhz OC on air according to their twitter), and Gskill flare for 3400mhz validated.

Soldato
When the 1700 arrives next week, hopefully, I will compare it with the 6700K @4.8 on Windows 10 and windows 7 (fresh installs). I will post the benchmarks as have already promised some time ago.

In addition I will test it with single FuryX and Crossfire mode.
Other than 3D Mark, Deus Ex Mankind, TW Warhammer (DX11/12), The Division (DX11/12), GTA V, what other games you want?
I don't have that many late games unfortunately, maybe try also the Doom demo if it has build in benchmark, or Arma 3 if it has build in benchmark also.
Let me know your thoughts.

Do you have BF1? 64 player map would be interesting, not just raw figures but actual gameplay experience. I think the smoothness is hard to quantify in numbers but I trust your subjective opinion ;)

Soldato

Few pages back you will see the twitter from MS that they know of the issues and working on them, been new platform was expected. And they are facing the same issues they had with Intel's HT years back.(their words)

Also the performance in Linux is fine on gaming, if you use 4.10 kernel or 4.9.10 patched for Ryzen support.

I would take PCPER with a handful of salt, because it the same site that said i5 3570 is faster than Ryzen on gaming........

Soldato
Do you have BF1? 64 player map would be interesting, not just raw figures but actual gameplay experience. I think the smoothness is hard to quantify in numbers but I trust your subjective opinion ;)
I do not unfortunately. However I have a much better benchmark for me to test and I will let you know how ESO runs in Cyrodiil where more than 64 players exist!
(around few hundred per side on sieges).
Currently is pushing the 6700K on all 8 threads (after relevant change in game settings), so I will modify the settings to use 8 cores CPU and see how it performs. :)

However might buy BF1 if I find it cheaply, for science :D

FYI to put in perspective why for me ESO it bigger benchmark than others.
It was pushing the 4820K @ 5Ghz to it's limits, kicking me with not enough memory error.
Raised to 32GB DDR3 and fixed the issue but never went down from 90% usage with it. Then bought the 4930K @ 4.5Ghz. Again it pushed it to it's limits on all 12 threads. After the relevant change in the settings to use all resources available.

I bet even a 6950X @ 5Ghz will be squeezed and be thrown as useless from ESO at Cyrodiil sieges.
Maybe AMD 32 core Naples will do better.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom