• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
put a preorder for a evga 1080 ti on the rainforest.. I suspect they probably have the most on preorder with the least amount of leads..

probably won't end well for me and ill end up cancelling atleast I can try to join the crew of '' on preorder'' for awhile :D

OcUK Staff
Yes EVGA. Gibbo doesn't know or if he does he's not telling.

As soon as EVGA give me go ahead cards will go online for pre-order, they are setup and ready to go, but as they requested we wait, well we are doing as they requested and nothing will be revealed until EVGA give the thumbs up though most is known anyway just by visiting their site. :)

OcUK Staff
put a preorder for a evga 1080 ti on the rainforest.. I suspect they probably have the most on preorder with the least amount of leads..

probably won't end well for me and ill end up cancelling atleast I can try to join the crew of '' on preorder'' for awhile :D

Our EVGA 1080Ti FE stock is due early next week though could arrive tomorrow which will clear all backorders. :)

Also 200 units of Zotac due for arrival anyday and same on Asus. :)

Soldato
this is what I thought also, for the bespoke waterblock / backplate and custom PCB most likely has no power limit problems seems like a winner if you watercool.. only problem is the wait.. probably another month for it.. by time then the hype would not be as high also there will be rumors of vega I can bet.. which will make you regret it.. if for example they said it comes out in 2 weeks I would order it.. but with no date..just can't

:p

:) yep it's annoying... I'm not convinced I'll do it anyway but you know I've said that before :D

Soldato
:) yep it's annoying... I'm not convinced I'll do it anyway but you know I've said that before :D

Your only talking a few fps anyway in honesty over a FE, even while running over its power limit they stay above 2ghz anyway. From experience if EK dont have the specs it will be another month+ until custom blocks/plates after the release of the card which could be another month from now anyway.

Does look a stunning card though. Would have gone for them if cards/blocks were available on release but 2+ months from now (for card and blocks), i'd have got fed up :D.

Soldato
Your only talking a few fps anyway in honesty over a FE, even while running over its power limit they stay above 2ghz anyway. From experience if EK dont have the specs it will be another month+ until custom blocks/plates after the release of the card which could be another month from now anyway.

Does look a stunning card though. Would have gone for them if cards/blocks were available on release but 2+ months from now (for card and blocks), i'd have got fed up :D.

They've defo got the specs it's a partner card under NDA ;)

Associate
How are the OcUK cards? What is the difference with them versus other brands? Is cooler removal allowed? I'm very tempted to go with one, especially with eta being 24th (tomorrow).

All the FE cards are the same, OcUK's included. Their warranty is 2 years. I don't know if they allow cooler removal, a staffer can answer that. But I'm guessing not? It's one of the lowest priced cards and is branded "value".

Associate
I got a reply back from msi today about cooler removal.
Ticket:
1080ti cooler removal

Content:
Dear Sir,
Thanks for contacting MSI technical support team.
Yes! It is possible,but maybe it would have effect on the Warranty.Please contact with Warranty Service Team to make sure it.
Thanks for your cooperation in advance!

Best Regards,
MSI Technical Support Team

Stil no answer really.

Associate
Ticket:
1080ti cooler removal

Content:
Dear Sir,
Yes! It is possible,but maybe it would have effect on the Warranty.Please contact with Warranty Service Team to make sure it.

Best Regards,

Stil no answer really.

What a teflon answer.

Soldato
Ticket:
1080ti cooler removal

Content:
Dear Sir,

Best Regards,

Stil no answer really.

They really need to employ people who know what they're talking about lol

Associate
Got an even better reply, ha
Dear Troy Race

In order to check warranty terms and seek for service,
Please contact the store or retailer where you purchased from

Thank you for purchasing MSI products!
Best Regards
MSI Customer Service Dept.

Soldato
Ticket:
1080ti cooler removal

Content:
Dear Sir,

Best Regards,

Stil no answer really.

Absolutely useless, I am still waiting for my reply, my support ticket is 10 days old. Glad I sent the msi card back and bought evga.

Back
Top Bottom