• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
Yeah card looks fine, took photo's and reported it etc, they was happy for me to open and check, and if any problems they would sort it out no trouble.
Good, fingers crossed all ok. Enjoy your new card. :) Some of us have to wait another month for ours. lol ;)

Soldato
Your saying low clocks make the card faster? Please explain?
lower clock stated = find more chips capable of reaching stated clocks = more cards made = faster delivery of cards. + gpu boost will be varied anyway you could have a cjhip sold at 1500mhz but could boost to 2400mhz means so 1500 means very little.

ASUS made a mistake with the 1080 stating clocks they could not reach making fewer cards and making them angry,

lower clocks more cards made faster delivery, Boost over stated clocks from EVGA = Customer over the moon.

Associate
They are just guessing, as far east shipments are hard to date even when you know when the forwarder is leaving. On this situation the forwarders have not even being booked yet because volume production is not yet activated, so it is just someone putting their finger in the air and picking a random date, middle April is relatively safe bet.

Thanks buddy.

Soldato
Yep Asus are certainly selling their card on the speeds noted more than anything and it works because people don't see/understand that all cards are likely to boost very close to one another under actual game load.

Associate
Yep Asus are certainly selling their card on the speeds noted more than anything and it works because people don't see/understand that all cards are likely to boost very close to one another under actual game load.

I ordered mine before they even announced the speeds :)

I wanted a evga ftw but they were being coy and there was no sign of them on clockers when I made my order

Soldato
From a WC point of view the Seahawks looking like a good deal considering the £100 EK blocks... good deal being probably the wrong words at that price but you know what I mean :)

OcUK Staff
I ordered mine before they even announced the speeds :)

I wanted a evga ftw but they were being coy and there was no sign of them on clockers when I made my order

Asus Strix, EVGA FTW3 and Zotac Extreme I can see their being nothing between them in real world, I suspect they will all cost within £20 of each on a £800 card and they are have totally superb warranty services. In short buy the one you like the look of because those three cards are all bloody amazing and I suspect will be the three best 1080Ti on the market. :)

Of course there will be a HOF card but those are much smaller volume due to the white design appealing to less but one can bet they will be bloody quick!

Permabanned
What's with the price bump on the in stock founder editions? The palit one was £699 instock for hours then suddenly while still in stock the price increased. Making the most of the supply and demand I take it?

Associate
Asus Strix, EVGA FTW3 and Zotac Extreme I can see their being nothing between them in real world, I suspect they will all cost within £20 of each on a £800 card and they are have totally superb warranty services. In short buy the one you like the look of because those three cards are all bloody amazing and I suspect will be the three best 1080Ti on the market. :)

Of course there will be a HOF card but those are much smaller volume due to the white design appealing to less but one can bet they will be bloody quick!

thats pretty much what i did m8 :) i had my heart set on the evga ftw3 but when it was a no show for a wile i went for the strix oc as i dont like the look of the zotac it would have been a different matter if they had released the PFG card that i seen picc's of (the rgb perspex over the back plate looked pretty damn good) i had a feeling that then strix oc, ftw3 and the amp extreme were gonna be the beasts and wanted to get my order in asap in case there wasn't going to be a lot of stock on release (better safe than sorry)

*edit* the zotac 5 year warrenty was tempting i have never had a zotac card before and dont know what there customer service is like nor ASUS but took a punt
i have had dealings with EVGA and they have always been good

OcUK Staff
What's with the price bump on the in stock founder editions? The palit one was £699 instock for hours then suddenly while still in stock the price increased. Making the most of the supply and demand I take it?

The margin we were making was an absolute joke to put it short, we don't mind making next to no money on pre-orders but now were holding physical stock in our warehouse, well in short we need to make money. Of course shop around, but Inno3D, Palit and Gigabyte in stock. :)

Associate
From a WC point of view the Seahawks looking like a good deal considering the £100 EK blocks... good deal being probably the wrong words at that price but you know what I mean :)

this is what I thought also, for the bespoke waterblock / backplate and custom PCB most likely has no power limit problems seems like a winner if you watercool.. only problem is the wait.. probably another month for it.. by time then the hype would not be as high also there will be rumors of vega I can bet.. which will make you regret it.. if for example they said it comes out in 2 weeks I would order it.. but with no date..just can't

:p

Back
Top Bottom