****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

FTM

FTM

Soldato
remnant bloody architect

I am soldier rank 3

I'm tooled up with a mattock iii and a carnifex iv and i just chip away at the damn thing

best guns for the task and any mods especially required?

Soldato
Designing my character that likes to get up close and personal in fights. Jumping with biotic powers etc. Is this going to be an issue when facing my first Architect? :S

Possibly...I used a few Bio moves on the first and they're not powerful enough. Raw damage from the soldier profile worked better if I'm honest. Try it and see how it goes, you can always switch

Associate
remnant bloody architect

I am soldier rank 3

I'm tooled up with a mattock iii and a carnifex iv and i just chip away at the damn thing

Didn't have a problem with my cloak/sniper focused character although my sniper rifle does tons of damage.

Soldato
remnant bloody architect
I am soldier rank 3
Well I was soldier rank 13 when I did it that's why your finding it hard then, I had 3 weapon slots Insisor sniper 3 matlock 3 and a shotgun

edit: soldier rank 2 character rank 13 oops lol

Caporegime
It needs something like SkyUI to make it PC friendly.

If people couldnt fix ME1's menu system, it doubt it's possible here, though it is a different engine, i don't think it's "baked" into the game.
So I'm about 15 hours in now and I'm a bit confused by all this criticism?! I've seen all these YT videos etc with dodgy animations and I can honestly say people are blowing this way out of proportion. I never really got into the original trilogy so took a gamble on this and coming straight from Breath Of The Wild too, I have to say I'm really enjoying this. My one criticism though is the amount of sub menus you have to trawl through for example it takes 3 clicks/buttons just to get out of the map back to the game.

This is all you needed to realise.

Soldato
I'm enjoying using two profiles. The thing I hate most about profiles though is the cool downs. Why must I trigger cooldowns on all three profiles powers by switching them? If we're limited to 3 powers (we had many more in ME3), switching from Singularity/Pull/Throw as Adept, to ED/Tac Cloak/Overload as Infiltrator should only cause a cooldown if the adept powers are mid cooldown before switching, IMO; otherwise, it entirely defeats the purpose.

So freaking annoying firing off ED/Overload from a distance with the Black Widow, to then close in and switching to adept, only to be stuck waiting for second round of power cooldowns. It's even more annoying when ED/Overload have already 'cooled down' - I should be able to switch to adept and fire off throw/pull etc without any delay...

Soldato
This isn't specific to your comment, but people keep saying that as though it was EVERY critic who beat it down at the time. I don't remember any publication actually saying anything of the sort if I'm being honest, though I'm prepared to be wrong.

Annoys me slightly that this has become the defence for Andromeda. As though stating that because reviewers SUPPOSEDLY didn't give the first 2 a chance, all criticism against Andromeda is therefore invalid...
I agree criticism is indeed valid, but it should be balanced. Too many people on the Internet are just being fed videos of glitches and are exclaiming they'll never buy another Bioware game again. Same thing happened with ME2's integration into the EA DLC world, same thing happened when there was the leak of ME3- people focus on the bad (and they are bad, I'm not ignoring it), but don't seem to take in the good. The banter, the sheer beauty of the game, the snow that coats my armour on an ice planet, the massive battles in the Kett bases, they make up for the time when I went into the kitchen and there were two Dracks, or when my autosave in a vault returned me to a planet surface with no textures.

BTW did anyone actually save Kaiden? I've never met anyone who did. Poor dude. ME equivalent of a red-shirt.
I did for a Femshep renegade run, but got fed up with his moaning about Shepard being part of Cerberus that I got one of my squad-mates to shoot his unthankful arse :)

Permabanned
I agree criticism is indeed valid, but it should be balanced. Too many people on the Internet are just being fed videos of glitches and are exclaiming they'll never buy another Bioware game again. Same thing happened with ME2's integration into the EA DLC world, same thing happened when there was the leak of ME3- people focus on the bad (and they are bad, I'm not ignoring it), but don't seem to take in the good. The banter, the sheer beauty of the game, the snow that coats my armour on an ice planet, the massive battles in the Kett bases, they make up for the time when I went into the kitchen and there were two Dracks, or when my autosave in a vault returned me to a planet surface with no textures.

I think you have a good point, but we shouldn't confuse those who are paid to deconstruct a game (be it for subjective criticism or objective review) and those who are paid purely to relay industry tittle tattle.

We also have to remember that whilst it may be splattered across the net like putrid puss, the complaints about the way it looks are still valid, if incredibly petulant at times.

Good discussion is a really difficult balancing act and is rarely ever achieved on the net. Though people in this particular thread seem to be fairly reasonable

Considering how crap the game is...

:p

Soldato
The internet ,specifically users can't discuss games properly at all. It's either amazing, best thing ever, no faults, or everything it terrible it's an awful game. It's seems nobody can give constructive posts, it's either good or bad.

Back
Top Bottom