****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Soldato
That's the first time I've heard 2 as being described as the weakest of the trilogy...

I wouldn't say that as such, but it's not my favourite. I like the idea that everyone thinks he's dead; the Alliance and council won't help him with the reapers so Shepard's only chance is working with the extremists. It all goes to **** with the human reaper larvae - that's just stupid.

Does anyone else have the banter bug? You may have it and not know!

Your squad mates on foot - are supposed to talk. A LOT. Quips and conversations all over the place.
I've not had a single iteration of it, two full planets of complete silence. They talk in the nomad, but not on foot.
They probably just can't get a word in over SAM talking about areas to be mined or strike teams being ready for deployment...

Man of Honour
I've given up with the game. I'm just fed up of the SAMSpam. A typical minutes worth of Nomad driving is like;

Pathfinder, I'm detecting low temperature..
Pathfinder, temperatures are back to normal levels.
Pathfinder, you can mine this area for resources.
Pathfinder, I'm detecting Kett technology ahead.
Pathfinder, I'm picking up signs of a mineral not on record.

The worst thing is that he has priority. If your squadmates are bantering (the best bits), he just cuts them out and they stop. This is awful!

Soldato
I've given up with the game. I'm just fed up of the SAMSpam. A typical minutes worth of Nomad driving is like;

Pathfinder, I'm detecting Kett technology ahead.

The worst thing is that he has priority. If your squadmates are bantering (the best bits), he just cuts them out and they stop. This is awful!

I've not noticed this much yet, but I'm getting to the point where I think he's going to get worse. I'm only just onto the 'second half' of Eos.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
jaals banter in the nomad is really quite funny

also took down the eos architect, vetra and jaal proved much more adept at fighting from a distance than cora and the krogan

liam shall be forever banished to the tempest

Caporegime
Hardly lmao given I am a massive fan of the trilogy.

ME1 had strong RPG elements, and a lot of that was removed for the 2nd installment. In addition our bumblebee enemies, the Collectors were absolutely rubbish and a lot of the characters weren't all that memorable. ME2 sorted itself by the end though.

Whaaa? ME2 had the best characters, Mordin is my favourite throughout the series, and Thrane and Legion both rocked. Tali and Garrus are great, but feature in all the games. The only new squad member from ME3 that was in any way interesting was EDI.

Man of Honour
While I feel people are entitled to their opinions, someone saying ME2 was the worst of the trilogy is clearly just fishing for attention.

ME1 was groundbreaking at the time, but when you replay it, it's frankly awful in a lot of areas.

Soldato
While I feel people are entitled to their opinions, someone saying ME2 was the worst of the trilogy is clearly just fishing for attention.

ME1 was groundbreaking at the time, but when you replay it, it's frankly awful in a lot of areas.

I played all 3 in the last 6 months. 1 is a great game but you can clearly see the copy and paste applied to bases that you attack. The story is really well told but the action is clunky.

Mass Effect 2 imo is the best of the series. The combat is improved, the story is still well told. The missions and environments are pretty much better in all aspects. The loyalty missions are fantastic and you get a huge diverse team to choose from when going on Missions.

Mass Effect 3 I had a hard time finishing. It's like they were forced into making the final game of the trilogy. There is a severe lack of passion in the story and the characters. They cut your possible squad mates by like 70% and they are soulless.

Soldato
I replayed ME1 on the 360 heaps of times, to try out various classes and still have those saves. Never once was I bored at all thanks to the ton of lore. ME2 I played through twice and thought nothing of it apart from that great ending with Harbinger and his buddies. ME3 I loved to death and played MP very heavily. The ending of course was bad but everything else about it was very enjoyable. Hardly fishing for attention but imo 2 was the weaker of the trilogy.

Whaaa? ME2 had the best characters, Mordin is my favourite throughout the series, and Thrane and Legion both rocked. Tali and Garrus are great, but feature in all the games. The only new squad member from ME3 that was in any way interesting was EDI.
I don't doubt Mordin, yes he was a legend. I just found the ME2 characters rather dull compared to our main ones introduced in ME1 (Wrex, Garrus, Tali).

* Jacob I wanted blasted out of the airlock. Found him uninteresting and dull.
* Miranda and her ideals of perfection along with daddy issues. Flippin heck she went on and on - where's that airlock...
* Zaeed - He needed to be featured and fleshed out more from what I recall. I never felt much for him.
* One of the Asari females - the daughter iirc? Didn't think much of her but her mother was way better to converse with. I don't remember much here.

As for the remaining characters, I hugely enjoyed them. Mordin and Legion being my favourites.

Man of Honour
Lore was fine in ME1. That's one of the things it did well. It's fighting through the same copypasta hangers and empty areas where it falls short. Also the MAKO driving where it's just randomly generated terrain and nothing else. It's fun on the first planet but then it gets boring. At least in ME:A they added more things to the map.

Soldato
I am one of the few folks who LOVED the Mako and exploring planets - especially stumbling across The Shifty Cow. Don't think I'll experience MEA's one but I'll have my fond memories of traversing over lava and up mountai...

jCs5hLc.jpg

Associate
I am one of the few folks who LOVED the Mako and exploring planets - especially stumbling across The Shifty Cow. Don't think I'll experience MEA's one but I'll have my fond memories of traversing over lava and up mountai...

I like the Nomad, I HATE the Mako :p

Man of Honour
Where ME1 falls down really is the clunky/non-intuitive systems for things like inventory and the horrific controls for the mako, etc. if someone went back and fleshed out some of those generic side missions and made better systems for stuff like items, etc. then it would stand up well even today.

Soldato
Would be interested to know...

When you enter the ice cave on Voeld, if you saved the AI and integrated it with SAM, how the rest of the story played out?
I killed the AI as I perceived it as a threat but I was in 2 minds even though SAM warned me.

She ends up as a module next to SAM Node. That's it.
Really, that's it, nothing happens and according to the developers it is "to be continued".

She does have this evil side to her, asking questions about venting the atmosphere on the nexus and how easy that would be, and what would happen to SAM if Ryder died. I feel she can be turned :p

Just hope we actually get another game because currently it is Lost, in space.
Do so many things learning off the back of the old game, doing all the things that apparently might help in the future but none of it actually does - maybe when this series ends it will.

Man of Honour
She ends up as a module next to SAM Node. That's it.
Really, that's it, nothing happens and according to the developers it is "to be continued".

She does have this evil side to her, asking questions about venting the atmosphere on the nexus and how easy that would be, and what would happen to SAM if Ryder died. I feel she can be turned :p

Just hope we actually get another game because currently it is Lost, in space.
Do so many things learning off the back of the old game, doing all the things that apparently might help in the future but none of it actually does - maybe when this series ends it will.

Thats all that happens? Quite underwhelming. After what SAM says about it lying and having some ulterior motive, sparing it seemed like the clear wrong choice. I doubt many people did.

Soldato
Would be interested to know...

When you enter the ice cave on Voeld, if you saved the AI and integrated it with SAM, how the rest of the story played out?
I killed the AI as I perceived it as a threat but I was in 2 minds even though SAM warned me.

I let the aliens have her back, later in the game they will use her to help you on one of the final missions if you select that option.

Back
Top Bottom