Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
Was just curious to see if he was going to sit down and replay Uncharted 4 and such titles to see what it was like on OLED. I don't mean pictures, just describing compared to the LED...

I'd love to replay Uncharted 4, Shadow of Mordor as well as seeing Shadow of War on OLED. Horizon Zero Dawn must be gorgeous on OLED. Imagine seeing all those Cauldrons again in OLED. Zeta must be drool worthy in OLED.

Seen Tron Legacy in OLED?

So far i've played Shadow Of Mordor and Horizon Zero dawn on OLED and it looks fantastic. Especially Horizon Zero dawn, tomorrow i'll be taking another look at The Last Of Us and i've yet to play Uncharted 4 as i've yet to purchase it.

Moogleys is right when it comes to the black levels though in perfect black scenes it's amazing, but i've noticed after rewatching some movies that it does struggle when not in fully black scenes, detail loss is noticeable compared to my old KS8000.

But for me it's OLED all day just my opinion ofc.

Soldato
I thought it was a fantastic TV but for me it just did not feel like an upgrade to my KS worthy of £600. It improved some areas but in other respects I feel the KS is better. If I did not already have the KS it would be OLED all day and tbh I think I shot myself in the foot having them side by side to compare. I will get another but will wait a coupe more years. Unless something better comes along as I'm sure it will......

Soldato
Just ordered a c6 today, wanted the 3D but I believe it's pretty much the same TV as the B6. Can't wait to get it on Wednesday. I had a KS7000 and 8000 and both were riddled with issues from the panel coming away, poor backlight bleed and out of the 6 TVs I received all had stuck/lit pixels. The viewing angles were also pretty dire.

Soldato
Had the back panel issue with the 7000 not had the other ones though. I think I have been lucky with this one and will hang on to it for now...

I wanted the C6 but it was the B6 on offer with the soundbar...

Soldato
Just ordered a 65" KS8000, £1499.

Bit annoyed as could have got a free soundbar last week but just missed out (not that I need one).

For my usage, mostly games / movies in a lounge (so light grey walls / double doors at one end, bay window at the front), replacing a 55", it seems the obvious choice over OLED.

I also need an assured NIL screen retention as often leave things on pause (Sky Q / Xbox etc) so couldn't be bothered with any hassle that an OLED may suffer from.

I'm sure the LG's have marginal image quality benefits over an edge lit LED, however the shortcomings seem numerous especially when considering that the equivalent 65" B6 is £2,700.

I'll check back and report my impressions... I will be comparing to a LG 55LA690V, Samsung UE55ES8000 and a LG OLED55B6V (not mine). SO will be interesting to see how edge lit LED has moved on in the past few years and if it can get anywhere near the wow factor of the OLED.

V F

V F

Soldato
So far i've played Shadow Of Mordor and Horizon Zero dawn on OLED and it looks fantastic. Especially Horizon Zero dawn, tomorrow i'll be taking another look at The Last Of Us and i've yet to play Uncharted 4 as i've yet to purchase it.

Moogleys is right when it comes to the black levels though in perfect black scenes it's amazing, but i've noticed after rewatching some movies that it does struggle when not in fully black scenes, detail loss is noticeable compared to my old KS8000.

But for me it's OLED all day just my opinion ofc.

I think I might wait another year. See what Panasonic does with OLED as I don't want gimped blacks. Deep blacks all the way out as they rise without crushing. I'll need to wait and see.

Soldato
Had the back panel issue with the 7000 not had the other ones though. I think I have been lucky with this one and will hang on to it for now...

I wanted the C6 but it was the B6 on offer with the soundbar...

Don't get me wrong if you get a good Samsung they are good, but the viewing angles were not great for our living room so much so the Mrs even commented on it and she knows nothing about TV's! Although I would say the Samsung Ks7/8000 sets were amazing for gaming.

Soldato
Yeah if you can deal with the curve (it's reasonably subtle imo) then the C6 is definitely the better option. The curve isn't too bad either, but it's reasonably obvious if wall mounted.

The 3D on the OLED is impressive if that's your thing, it's passive 3D as well like you get in the cinema.

Soldato
Yeah if you can deal with the curve (it's reasonably subtle imo) then the C6 is definitely the better option. The curve isn't too bad either, but it's reasonably obvious if wall mounted.

The 3D on the OLED is impressive if that's your thing, it's passive 3D as well like you get in the cinema.

Great stuff, it should be here Wednesday. Looking forward do receiving it!

Associate
I'm assuming any HDMI 2.0 cable can handle the 12 bit colour mode for the PC?

Tried today and the screen keeps switching on and off with the deep colour mode and high colour depths

Will pickup another cable today but I'm sure the cable I have was 2.0 ...

Associate
So where's the best place to pick one up atm?

NO has them for 2,799 atm

https://www.avforums.com/threads/oled-price-changes.1992195/page-120

Link above is a good place to keep an eye out for cheapest prices also HUKD is worth checking.
Prices have dropped a little over this easter weekend.

I went for the 55b6 for £1599 form Richer Sounds to replace my Kuro which is still stunning for 1080p but I wanted 4k and HDR.

Dont know if its still valid but I used code TV100 for £100 off any TV over £1400 on RS.

Soldato
You won't get 5 years warranty with argos though, better off at jl or richer sounds.

You get the same under your consumer rights from the retailer. JL or RS just word it as if your getting something extra.

LG only directly warranty them for a year anything else is from the retailer.

You could also sell the soundbar for £200 and then purchase a 5 year multi appliance warranty for £199 which covers everything in your home with accidental cover too if you really wanted...

Associate
I was tempted by the argos deal but 6 year warranty and the fact I dont need a sound bar made me go for RS deal. Going to buy an Anthem MRX 720 today so thats going to handle the sound for me.

Caporegime
I'm assuming any HDMI 2.0 cable can handle the 12 bit colour mode for the PC?

Tried today and the screen keeps switching on and off with the deep colour mode and high colour depths

Will pickup another cable today but I'm sure the cable I have was 2.0 ...

There seems to be an issue with the latest lot of Nvidia drivers and possibly the windows 10 creator update.

My display driver crashes with my monitor and TV connected, I can only do one or the other at the moment.

Generally I found 8 bit Full RGB looked better for games than 12bit YRcBr 420

Back
Top Bottom