Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2017, Catalunya - Race 5/20

Rate the 2017 Spanish Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Poll added :)
Might be a stretch but i gave it an 8. Good race, I was prepared for a dull procesion but delivered some decent excitement, and up until the pass on Vettel i genuinely was unsure who would come out on top.
Not a great race in the traditional sense but definitely one of the best the season so far.

Associate
Yep generally the lack of information is poor. What happened to the cool sector split graphic they had at the first race?

The timing graphics are nothing to do with sky. Sky just take the live race feed from f1. The same feed that every other broadcaster has to show and FOM control the on screen graphics

Soldato
The timing graphics are nothing to do with sky. Sky just take the live race feed from f1. The same feed that every other broadcaster has to show and FOM control the on screen graphics

I wasn't sure hence why i said 'sky/f1', point still stands I personally find the information is lacking, maybe I'm the minority.

Caporegime
Should have got the Mercedes seat instead of Bottas, IMO

Based purely on Manor it's hard to judge him as a driver because that car was a POS. It's not surprising they wanted to get him a seat in a different car to get a real test before risking him in the other seat. Bottas... I'm not sure about, maybe his pace today was poor because of engine, maybe it wasn't. He did a great job against Vettel but it's very hard to judge. Largely because in a couple of races already his race pace has been pretty bad while his qualifying has been pretty excellent.

If it continues over the season in more normal circumstances that he just hasn't got the race pace then I think Bottas could end up alongside Vettel next year with Wehrlein with Hamilton. Kimi has to go, I'm so done with his BS now, he caused another turn 1 incident by refusing to use his brain and leave a little room. How many times has he bumped Max, Vettel and others in the first corner of races in the past few years. He under performs in races, in qualifying and screws up the first corner so often it's a joke. I like him but he's unprofessional and a waste of that seat now. I'm not convinced Bottas is the guy for that seat either though, again depends how his race pace turns out through this year. Maybe Perez or Ocon for the second seat if Bottas's race pace is an issue for Merc it likely would be with Ferrari as well.

Caporegime
Wait, Vandoorne's excuse for hitting Massa was he didn't see him? HE should be looking in his wing mirror plenty, but by the time they collide it's literally contact on both wheels, if he looks to his right at all he'll see him and he can turn away and leave room. Not seeing him isn't an excuse, it's an admission of complete incompetence. It doesn't matter how far back he thought he was, he should see and hear another car close by and be aware he might dive up the inside and keep an eye out for him. LIkewise he knows he's driving a dog**** car with slow engine and that a bigger than expected gap can be closed easily.

Back
Top Bottom