Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2017, Catalunya - Race 5/20

Rate the 2017 Spanish Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Ocon is quite the hero tbh

Ocon has done absolutely brilliantly for a rookie, along with Wehrlein they look like they can stay in F1 for a long time while Palmer, Stroll aren't showing anything. Stroll is at least very young and could improve a lot with a year of experience, but Palmer, lol, 8 years older than Stroll and even worse, he's embarrassing to himself and the team.

I like Bottas, but I could see Ferrari ditching Kimi because frankly again while I like him, he's a waste of the seat. Ferrari get Bottas in and Merc give Wehrlein the seat. They were too worried about him to do it this year because with a Manor you can't really judge the driver, but doing this well in the Sauber is a bit step and a big sign of what he can do.

Soldato
It's such a shame as 2 or 3 seasons back Williams really looked like they were taking shots at becoming a higher tier team.

I still root for them, more than any others, but it's a shame.

Caporegime
It's such a shame as 2 or 3 seasons back Williams really looked like they were taking shots at becoming a higher tier team.

I still root for them, more than any others, but it's a shame.

I always liked them, but I thought anything but that was happening. They screwed up less than everyone else, but that car was so simplistic and they didn't develop it at all, strategy was dire, direction the team took and the lets say, lack of ambition the design of their car showed all screamed a team that wasn't really trying. They had a budget beyond the rest of the midfield, that was bolstered by everyone else having crap engines and they showed zero ambition to use that cash to revamp the aero and try to push on.

FI doing so much more with less money is so much more impressive. They showed ambition, their wind tunnel wasn't working so they took the decision to delay the real 2015 car and switch, came with far more aggressive aero and FI have gone so far beyond Williams it's a joke.

Everything about Williams screams complacency to me, from keeping Massa while he tried to hit everybody on track to refusing to try a non basic car design. I think Claire and Symmonds was a dire team and presuming Smedley had responsibility for strategy(as he was head of track side performance which should include strategy) then he's been a complete failure.

Hopefully Lowe will change the attitude and bring that vastly different car next year... but it depends what he's allowed to do.

Back
Top Bottom