Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Associate
18449367_1336888426395143_3325523005501687976_o.jpg

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

As been said though, it's a completely inaccurate gauge. The majority of people aren't going to bother re-entering a thread they've clicked on once and forgotten, to change a vote, requiring more clicks etc.

It's the most important general election for the best part of a century. How very lazy..
No one is forcing you to change your vote.

I could easily reset the vote count but then that's the same thing as asking people to change.

Don't know what you expect or what you mean by "how very lazy". Care to elaborate or will you just continue with that passive aggressive crap?

Man of Honour
As been said though, it's a completely inaccurate gauge. The majority of people aren't going to bother re-entering a thread they've clicked on once and forgotten, to change a vote, requiring more clicks etc.

It's the most important general election for the best part of a century. How very lazy..
How very lazy of the people who can't be bothered to change their vote?
Correct.

Caporegime
Why do you care about the result of an OcUK poll? People aren't going to be checking what OcUK think before they go out and vote in June.

Soldato
Why does it matter what the result is from this forum?

Why bother having a thread?. Why bother with a forum?... And so on.

It's about having a conversation, and knowing how people are voting, or changing their voting habits based on the new information. The results here don't 'matter' per se. But they matter to the conversation.

No one is forcing you to change your vote.

I could easily reset the vote count but then that's the same thing as asking people to change.

Don't know what you expect or what you mean by "how very lazy". Care to elaborate or will you just continue with that passive aggressive crap?

Firstly, resetting the vote isn't asking people to change, it's asking people to vote, and finding out how many have actually changed/how things are headed. Being asked to vote again is not the same as being asked to change your political affiliation.

And again, I've explained pretty clearly, people are unlikely to put in the effort to change their vote. If for some reaon it suits you to have a skewed count (either way) then obviously there's nothing to be gained for you. But since people first clicked on this poll a fair bit has changed. People in the thread have said that their voting intentions have changed. How many people have gone to the effort of changing their vote in the old poll?.

Either way I maintain a fresh poll would give a much more accurate indication.

As for the lazy comment. I find it to be lazy on all sides (as I said, people are too lazy to visit a thread they clicked on once, a month ago, and go through the process of changing their vote. Whereas a new thread/vote attracts a simple click from everyone in GD, and gives a truer picture of how things stand right now). I'm not passive aggressive. I'm quite open about why I think the thread/forum would benefit from up to date information, and how it's damaging to the conversation to pass it off/not start a new thread/poll.

How very lazy of the people who can't be bothered to change their vote?
Correct.

Well yep, absolutely. But we're lucky, because the mods have the power to mitigate it to some extend by starting a new poll, making it easier for the lazies!.
Plus it's not just laziness. The majority will have seen the thread a month ago in GD, clicked on it, voted, and forgotten about it. They're far more likely to vote in a fresh poll/thread with a clear ('MAY new vote') title than they are to come and mess around in here.

Anyway, I'm not a mod so it's not up to me. But it seems like common sense to have up to date info, for the purposes of the discussion.

Permabanned
With regards to social housing, about £9 billion from the taxpayer ends up in the pockets of private landlords. They money should be used to build social housing.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

By your logic, those that have already voted won't come back to the thread anyway.

All resetting would do is reduce the numbers who've voted. If people are commenting and saying they're changing their mind about a party then they have the option to change that vote.

Those that already voted have an option of changing if they so wish. If they can't be bothered (lazy) to go back to a thread in which they voted then it's their fault if the results don't reflect the reality.

This thread has been on page 1 of GDsince it was created. Hardly buried or out of sight.

Me thinks there's a select few hoping the results will favour another party if the results are reset. Why else would it matter so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom