• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
I gave up waiting for my FTW3 and cancelled my order, you snooze you lose EVGA. Only 3 weeks till the release of Vega and Volta could be close too. Might as well wait a little longer and see how the market reacts.

When did you order yours as I assume it wasn't a pre-order? I pre-ordered mine on 30/03/17 and it was delivered last week so..

Vega / Volta really will be interesting, hopefully i didnt jump too soon!

Associate
When did you order yours as I assume it wasn't a pre-order? I pre-ordered mine on 30/03/17 and it was delivered last week so..

Vega / Volta really will be interesting, hopefully i didnt jump too soon!
It was a pre-order from Amazon UK. I ordered on the 24th April the day it was listed on the website. They told me they won't have any stock till the 9th June, gave up and cancelled because that's just absurd. I don't know how they can expect their customers to wait 46 days for their order to arrive lol, what a joke.

Soldato
It was a pre-order from Amazon UK. I ordered on the 24th April the day it was listed on the website. They told me they won't have any stock till the 9th June, gave up and cancelled because that's just absurd. I don't know how they can expect their customers to wait 46 days for their order to arrive lol, what a joke.

They did the same with the Founders Edition. Pre-order was up on release and still didn't have stock for well over a month even though other retailers did.

Associate
They did the same with the Founders Edition. Pre-order was up on release and still didn't have stock for well over a month even though other retailers did.
they've really gone downhill as of late, I don't know how they keep their customers anymore tbh. They refuse to price match competitors, they can't re-stock on time, their customer service team lies to customers about re-stocking dates. I talked to a few people who work there and they first claimed to be getting some stock in on the 10-12th May, surprise nothing showed up. Then when I contacted them again they said they won't receive any stock till the 9th June (and that's just a rough estimate from their suppliers- could take even longer). I contacted them again today and they told me they don't even know when they will be getting stock for the FTW3's lol. Useless, rubbish company.

Soldato
@TimAhKin Aorus is the quietest with fans running 100% is a good 10db lower then the rest (3x100mm fans)
Gamer nexus or what ever ran them all at 100% and default settings
As for Auto fan curve , all flagship are pretty much on point with MSI nudging out the rest and all beat the hell out of the FE.

Soldato
@TimAhKin Aorus is the quietest with fans running 100% is a good 10db lower then the rest (3x100mm fans)
As for Auto fan curve , all flagship are pretty much on point with MSI nudging out the rest and all beat the hell out of the FE.

Aorus for me was noticeably louder than my current MSI. Unless there was a problem with my card. 70c=83% fan speed vs 58% on the msi both on stock fan profile.

But overall I just found the Msi of greater quality too. Looked and felt better quality. Also has black thermal pads which blend in where the aorus are quite thick grey ones which really stand out.

Associate

With all respect I don't think many people are going to run them at 100% in fact my temps in games barely get the fans kicking in at all lol, it's pretty much inaudible as the first german reviewer of the amp extreme said, but yes all custom cards are miles apart from the FE crap.

Back
Top Bottom