Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Got a viewing for a S1000Rs on Saturday morning, I'm going to put my triple up for sale first and see what I can get, I'm going to push for £5000.
I swear there were bets on this, someone bet on him selling the Triple within a short time. :p

Soldato
Awesome thanks guys :D

Yeah with my earplugs in someone speaking to me needs to be within 5ft or I can't hear a thing :D

The 10s has the same speakers as the 20s so that's good. I need music for the 6+ hour slog down to the B500 on the first day of the Alps trip, and for the 8 hour slog home from the Alps. The Arai isn't that noisy but having music/radio to listen to will make it so much more pleasant.

So I picked up one of these, fitted it tonight. Did a quick test of the speakers vs my cheap headset outsdide the helmet and they're MUCH louder and clearer. It's a shame the 10s hasn't got the voice commands of the 20s but tbh everythng is only a few button presses away. The universal intercom works well, paired up straight away with my old headset.

Tried the thick spacers first but my left ear was catching the speaker, turns out the ear pockets in my Arai are slightly behind my ears, so the speaker was touching the cartilidge of my ear rather than sitting over the 'hole' :D They fit well with the slimmer spacers though and without earplugs the volume is LOUD! Oh and you don't half get a lot of stuff with the Sena! Car charger, mp3 3.5mm cable, loads of sticky mounts and velcro.

Soldato
I've put the speakers in for my 20S, and with ear plugs in they're good enough. I don't listen to music, so can't comment on that, but for phone calls and intercom there's certainly enough volume.

I did try the headphone route, but they just weren't as comfortable as wearing ear plugs (I didn't go for the moulded option) on a long day.

Soldato
I've put the speakers in for my 20S, and with ear plugs in they're good enough. I don't listen to music, so can't comment on that, but for phone calls and intercom there's certainly enough volume.

I did try the headphone route, but they just weren't as comfortable as wearing ear plugs (I didn't go for the moulded option) on a long day.
Used it this morning on the commute and the volume is plenty loud enough for 80+mph on a VFR with the screen directing all the wind at my helmet.

On my old headset the top speed I could hear music/satnav at was 50mph on my VFR and 60mph on my Tuono, I reckon I'd still be able to hear the sena 10s at 100+ on the VFR :D

Soldato
Any of you Triumph owners want to chime in on how cheese like your metal is? I've always liked the Sprint ST, but looking at the Sprint GT right now, i'm certainly interested.

Not a spot of rust on my 2012 Street Triple.

2015 Speed Triple has been through 2 winters, not a spot of rust. My brother's 2013 Bonneville has been through 4 now I think, not a spot of rust. That's every day riding through all the salt. We do both apply FS365 after washing or after a wet ride.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705175529184?maximum-mileage=10000&radius=1500&make=TRIUMPH&model=SPEED TRIPLE&postcode=cr81dd&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_bikes&page=2

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...IPLE&radius=1500&maximum-mileage=10000&page=2

The temptation.

Last edited:
Soldato
How much will fitting a shorter handlebar affect the handling? S1000r bars are too wide for my gate even without bar ends and I've already extended it as much as I can without altering the brickwork.

Back
Top Bottom