Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Caporegime
I don't carry hate in my heart for the bomber. That gives him far too much importance. He's nothing to me. Just another evil **** who is dead. I won't give him much thought other than when I read the inevitable articles about him in the coming days.

Would much rather read about the acts of kindness that such a terrible event provoked. Taxi drivers rushing to the scene, giving people free lifts , random people taking children in/home, the fantastic emergency services response (people coming in to work even though they weren't on shift), massive blood-bank donations etc.

It's how a community/country responds to terror that defines them, not cowering in fear and/or advocating more violence against innocents. There's clearly some retoric here that "something else needs to be done" and yet those people never have a solution they are willing to stand behind.

Permabanned
So the US shared the identity of the terrorist before the UK did.

Are people still happy with the close relationship we want with the US when clearly they cant be trusted to keep intelligence. Second time in a week isn't it?

Caporegime
I wonder... With the age of this guy and him being male, is it more to do with the horrid education system in the last 20 years that has given little hope to this age group that they wont just be stacking shelves? I mean there's plenty of other problems in Britain (racial tensions, economic problems, family tensions, stale culture of drinking and drugs etc), but if people are growing up with little hope in this country, why wouldn't they lash out if they could and had extra motivation for being a racial minority?

There are a lot of young white youths in this country who are in the same boat (chavs) who aren't too far away from being a similar nuisance if this country gets any less dignified and the European nationalism starts agitating too much... We can blame Islam all we want, but we're ignoring the biggest issue here.

Caporegime
I wonder... With the age of this guy and him being male, is it more to do with the horrid education system in the last 20 years that has given little hope to this age group that they wont just be stacking shelves? I mean there's plenty of other problems in Britain (racial tensions, economic problems, family tensions, stale culture of drinking and drugs etc), but if people are growing up with little hope in this country, why wouldn't they lash out if they could and had extra motivation for being a racial minority?

It probably is a factor but how much who knows. There's definitely a higher unemployment rate across the Muslim population in this country, particularly with women.

K-2

K-2

Associate
It's how a community/country responds to terror that defines them, not cowering in fear and/or advocating more violence against innocents. There's clearly some retoric here that "something else needs to be done" and yet those people never have a solution they are willing to stand behind.

Absolutely correct.
Putting all your time and energy into hatred and ill will serves no constructive purpose whatsoever.

We must unite against violence and extremism through positive acts and rhetoric. Allowing yourself to hate and being consumed with thoughts of violence and retribution is the kind of mindset which feeds acts such as this in the first place.

Caporegime
I think it's important to understand potential root causes, but not to go as far as to absolve people of personal responsibility for their actions.

Permabanned
I don't carry hate in my heart for the bomber. That gives him far too much importance. He's nothing to me. Just another evil **** who is dead. I won't give him much thought other than when I read the inevitable articles about him in the coming days.

Would much rather read about the acts of kindness that such a terrible event provoked. Taxi drivers rushing to the scene, giving people free lifts , random people taking children in/home, the fantastic emergency services response (people coming in to work even though they weren't on shift), massive blood-bank donations etc.

100% this. I'm no patriot, but the way this country has reacted to this horrific incident is inspiring. There will always be that cynical attitude of 'well, in a weeks time it'll be back to normal', but hey ho.

Soldato

There are a lot of young white youths in this country who are in the same boat (chavs) who aren't too far away from being a similar nuisance if this country gets any less dignified and the European nationalism starts agitating too much... We can blame Islam all we want, but we're ignoring the biggest issue here.

There is absolutely no excuse for his action, none whatever.

He could have had an education in Libya and would that have made him any different?

Caporegime
There is absolutely no excuse for his action, none whatever.

He could have had an education in Libya and would that have made him any different?

Dont be boring.

I know there's no excuse, doesn't mean there weren't reasons that could have stopped this before it happened, there are reasons why young men are killing themselves more than should be acceptable in any society.

Soldato
So the US shared the identity of the terrorist before the UK did.

Are people still happy with the close relationship we want with the US when clearly they cant be trusted to keep intelligence. Second time in a week isn't it?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40026413

They do have previous for this type of behaviour with the 7/7 bombings relating to materials if I recall correctly.

Soldato
Dont be boring.

I know there's no excuse, doesn't mean there weren't reasons that could have stopped this before it happened, there are reasons why young men are killing themselves more than should be acceptable in any society.

I'm not being boring, but to excuse violence at any level or in any area allows for complicity. You could have said the same about football hooliganism or industrial disputes like Orgreave or Wapping, (I am not taking sides), but lack of opportunity and or education was probably a factor in all.

To mitigate a mass murderer for his possible poor start in life is pushing it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Absolutely correct.
Putting all your time and energy into hatred and ill will serves no constructive purpose whatsoever.

We must unite against violence and extremism through positive acts and rhetoric. Allowing yourself to hate and being consumed with thoughts of violence and retribution is the kind of mindset which feeds acts such as this in the first place.

Everyone normal is united, that is not in question (well if you sit on our side of the fence) on flip side our allies have been laying havoc to certain areas of the world. Granted the people we are trying to stop hide amongst the innocents (which is what exactly what i would do, if i just happens to be a madman with a twisted religious agenda, who wants to win)

We need a proper 8D on the matter, then put measures in place accordingly.

Soldato
it seems the police have the powers but not the resources to carry out detailed investigations or surveillance on all of their suspects..I wonder whos fault that is

and yet she seems immune to criticism

She's been in power for a relatively short period of time so it's hardly her fault

And even with more resources that doesn't guarantee some people won't slip through the net, it would be probably be near impossible to monitor everybody anyways

Caporegime
it seems the police have the powers but not the resources to carry out detailed investigations or surveillance on all of their suspects..I wonder whos fault that is

and yet she seems immune to criticism

This. Our security forces cant even monitor the 1000 people who have been to Syria under suspect circumstances or wanted to go and fight there never mind all the other people on the watch list who may be at risk.

Wonder just how big this list is. 10,000 people? 100,000 people? How big of a security force would you need to properly monitor all of them?

Caporegime
May's going to walk this now isn't she.

Well since Corbyn considers various terrorists and terrorist groups to be his 'friends', yes this might well cause people to consider whether he is really suitable for the role... but I'm not sure we can discuss that too much in this thread as there is another thread for political discussion to be re-opened later.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
You cant monitor them all, that is the point, if you want that type of society (and that goes for anyone wanting more police powers etc) I suggest you read and educate yourself about the east German stazi in the 60`s and 70s. I do not want that type of society of even close to it.

Back
Top Bottom