1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by omnomnom, May 22, 2017.

1. antonusklesk

Wise Guy

2. MookJong

Sgarrista

You are trying to create a clever narrative when it's clear what went on. I don't know anyone in the 1980s when youth unemployment was at a high who would actively try and kill children because of their declining prospects. You are looking in the wrong places, seriously get a grip, it's bordering on offensive.

3. Greebo

Caporegime

People arent though but something is going wrong. It always seems to be the young, British born to immigrants who are becoming the terrorists. Yes we can try and catch them befor e they do something but that is dealing with the affect and not the source. I never seem to see that it is the original immigrants who are killing people. They probably are glad to be here and just get on with life.

So unless we are prepared to do something about what is turning young children of immigrants into terrorists we will just have more and more of these events.

Yes one solution would be to round up every offspring of an immigrant and kick them out of the country or intern them. Thats extreme and brings further problems and potentially makes even more terror attacks.

Or we figure out what the hell we are doing wrong that is making them in the first place and try and tackle that issue. In the meantime, ramp up the security forces and monitoring until a longer term solution is found.

4. SPG

Soldato

Is that the same folk who have just been ruling northern Ireland peacefully for the past 15 years or so. ?

Sorry but when you deal with the devil you also have to talk to the Devil, and talking is better than killing.

5. Greebo

Caporegime

She was home secretary for years before though.

6. StriderX

Capodecina

Uhh... [​IMG]

She's had control of the police for 7 years (if we include being PM as in control).

7. dowie

Caporegime

There is a difference between talking with and actively supporting/sympathising with. And not just them either - he's referred to Islamist groups Hamas and Hezbollah as his 'friends' - groups that carry out exactly this sort of suicide attack against civilians.

8. StriderX

Capodecina

Offensive?

You better be joking, you can't use anecdotal evidence and then call me offensive. I needn't remind you that there was a riot not too long ago mostly involving a certain demographic that i'm talking about. The 80s also is also a different period of time that is rather irrelevant to whats going on now.

9. Hades

Capodecina

Come on now, it's not a general issue with young first gen immigrants. It's an issue for young first gen immigrants from a specific part of a specific religion. You don't see first gens from other backgrounds blowing themselves and other people up with nail bombs. That indicates the problem lies in a different cause. They are being deliberately targeted to turn them into naive weapons.

10. Robbo

Capo Crimine

What annoys me is that you have all of the usual:

- Politicians saying the same old things, terror won't win
    - People saying the same old things on social media and changing their pictures, "pulling together"

Yet it'll just happen again. And again. And again.

A serious, new plan needs to be drawn up by the powers that be. It's near on impossible to stop, but more can be done.

Also, a load of armed soliders won't be much use if a guy casually walks into a crowd and blows himself up. Unless he gives a warning beforehand, which he obviously wouldn't.

It's crazy, and frustrating.

11. SlyReaper

Soldato

So we're not supposed to look into the factors that may have contributed to a criminal's actions? Not supposed to think of ways we might improve things to make it less likely to happen again? He's clearly not excusing mass murder, what an odd thing to say.

12. SPG

Soldato

So Martin Mcguines was an innocent then... The entire British government was a sympathiser.

13. dowie

Caporegime

No and no. I'm not sure how you draw that conclusion? Like I said there is a difference between talking and sympathising/supporting.

14. V F

Capodecina

7/7. 10 years now. Well, almost. The politicians know there is a problem but wont admit it.

15. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I don't really want to bring politics in to this, but someone raised the point that I hadn't considered.

The police have had their funding cut massively under the Tory government. No question. Do the police therefore have adequate resources to monitor the people that are on these lists?

16. StriderX

Capodecina

I know it isn't, which is why i said the extra motivation from being Muslim where there are acknowledged channels for becoming belligerent, those channels aren't too far away from being developed for European youths with the current nationalistic fervor coming in. We do not want to go back to the dark days of European terror, it was infinitely worse.

Breivik will not be the last, he killed kids too btw... a lot more.

17. Robi

Mobster

dowie in deflecting Conservative incompetence onto Labour & Jeremy Corbyn shocker.

18. dowie

Caporegime

What does Corbyn's support for terrorists have to do with 'Conservative incompetence'?

19. Robi

Mobster

A comment was made regarding Theresa May, the current Prime Minister, and you somehow managed to bring up the oppositions leader, like you do in every other post.

20. Caged

Capodecina

Is "mug drinker" a euphamism now :eek: