• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I had some very bad experiences with AMD cards but still I will wait until computex for the vega news before getting a GTX 1080, AMD has to try really hard to convince me to get vega insteed of the GTX1080.

sure the vega is going to be faster than the GTX1080 and cheaper at the same time, however peace of mind is number one priority for me. (it is not a coincidence that nvidia cards outsell AMD cards, peace of mind is a big beal)
So you think Vega will be faster and cheaper than the Nvidia card you are looking at. Yet that's still not enough for you? I'm not sure what you want from them.

I would suggest for you then to just stick with Nvidia. Might as well buy the 1080 now.

Soldato
So you think Vega will be faster and cheaper than the Nvidia card you are looking at. Yet that's still not enough for you? I'm not sure what you want from them.

I would suggest for you then to just stick with Nvidia. Might as well buy the 1080 now.

He's back again, I think we told him the same thing 2000+ posts ago, when he came in whining about having loads of AMD cards fail.

Soldato
I'm willing to bet Nvidia and AMD cards fail at the same rate. After all other than EVGA and Sapphire they are the same board partners.

Yeah, it all just happens. My Titan X Maxwell died within a few days, and so did my R9 390X. It happens sadly.

Worst GPU death for me wa an 8800GTS in a friend's PC when we had a LAN; the one CAP on it blew. Made us all jump!

While at the same time I've had an AMD 4670 and GTX 470 since their launches, and are perfectly fine. The GTX 470 went to a friend as her first desktop I put together from salvaged parts, and it's still ticking. While the 4670 is a reliable back up card for me, used it last year for over 3 months. :p

Associate

I want a GPU that gives me peace of mind, without black screens and bs like these.
Yea it's called marketing. And AMD suck at it lol.
So you are saying that I am a victim of nvidia marketing?

Look at my signature I am using an AMD card, also my last 3 cards were also from AMD.
My experience with AMD cards are just horrible (black screens left and right) I had enough from AMD, on the other hand I had around 10 nvidia cards in the past and I didn't had any issues with them. So it is only logical to go with the GTX 1080 instead of vega, maybe when the time comes I will get NAVI, to give AMD another chance, but right now I am too scared to try another AMD card.

Last edited:
Soldato
I want a GPU that give me peace of mind, without black screens and bs like these.

So you are saying that I am a victim of nvidia marketing?

Look at my signature I am using an AMD card, also my last 3 cards were also from AMD.
My experience with AMD cards are just horrible (black screens left and right) I had enough from AMD, on the other hand I had around 10 nvidia cards in the past and I didn't had any issues with them. So it is only logical to go with the GTX 1080 instead of vega, maybe when the time comes I will get NAVI, to give AMD another chance, but right now I am too scared to try another AMD card.
Im willing to bet there is no data to suggest AMD fail more often than Nvidia.

And it really Vega the question. You have openly said you will not be buying AMD again. So why are you in this thread?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
We are approaching 600 pages before Vega release as I predicted.

Now if only my other prediction comes true and big vega matches or beats titan xp for ~£500 :p

Even if it does not, the end result is likely going to be closer to my prediction than what most people here who said 1070 performance. Lol ;)

Soldato
We are approaching 600 pages before Vega release as I predicted.

Now if only my other prediction comes true and big vega matches or beats titan xp for ~£500 :p

Even if it does not, the end result is likely going to be closer to my prediction than what most people here who said 1070 performance. Lol ;)

One person said it would have trouble beating the 1060 haha. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom