• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
fNHX7EE.png

https://www.3dcenter.org/news/amd-nvidia-grafikchip-roadmap-201718

3DCenter updated GPU 2017-2018 roadmap has specs on Vega 20, Vega 10 and Vega 11 GPUs as well as Volta GPUs.

Vega 11 measured 350mm2 is smaller than Vega 10. Don't know why people came up with crazy theory about Vega 11 is bigger than Vega 10.

Poor Vega and poor Navi mean monster Volta Titan and 2080 Ti will have no competitors for about 2 years, look like RTG is about 5 or 10 years lagging behind Nvidia on R&D and Nvidia is far ahead of RTG. When Navi come out in H2 2019 and Nvidia will unveiled successor that will be twice faster than Volta on performance per watt.

Associate
So according to the above chart, we aren't even getting the 'big Vega' till after June as it says Q3 2017... I also find it hard to believe that they'd put the performance on level with Titan XP and 1080ti.The smaller Vega looks alright though, as long as it's priced right against the GTX 1070. And that's if the above chart is to be believed and if it's not all hocus.

Anyhows, I'm looking for to computex tomorrow, so we can finally get info on consumer Vega.

Soldato
fNHX7EE.png

https://www.3dcenter.org/news/amd-nvidia-grafikchip-roadmap-201718

3DCenter updated GPU 2017-2018 roadmap has specs on Vega 20, Vega 10 and Vega 11 GPUs as well as Volta GPUs.

Vega 11 measured 350mm2 is smaller than Vega 10. Don't know why people came up with crazy theory about Vega 11 is bigger than Vega 10.

Poor Vega and poor Navi mean monster Volta Titan and 2080 Ti will have no competitors for about 2 years, look like RTG is about 5 or 10 years lagging behind Nvidia on R&D and Nvidia is far ahead of RTG. When Navi come out in H2 2019 and Nvidia will unveiled successor that will be twice faster than Volta on performance per watt.

Has specs? so why did they put estimates on the graph? Should be no estimates if they have specs unless..... They are just guessing. Nonsense as per usual from you.

First paragraph says its purely speculative. Do you even know what that means?

Also there is no info in that link or anywhere that you said which shows what Navi will be spec wise. Id be surprised if anyone knew at this point. So stop with the bait and trolling.

Soldato
Has specs? so why did they put estimates on the graph? Should be no estimates if they have specs unless..... They are just guessing. Nonsense as per usual from you.

First paragraph says its purely speculative. Do you even know what that means?

Even if they were fact, I don't know how he came to the conclusion that Navi is suddenly bad without even being on the chart. Nvidia still haven't even stated what is coming after Volta so in 2 years time who knows where we will be.

I personally find it very unusual that we knew about Volta even before Maxwell released, but now that they're starting to show off Volta we don't know what will be next.

Soldato
Even if they were fact, I don't know how he came to the conclusion that Navi is suddenly bad without even being on the chart. Nvidia still haven't even stated what is coming after Volta so in 2 years time who knows where we will be.
Yea exactly. It's just AthlonXP1800 doing what he does best. Finds what ever nonsense he can find regardless if its credible or not. Say his piece even though the article says nothing to back up what he says and makes it out to be fact.

In that article it literally says it's speculative, meaning guess work. He says they have specs makes it out they know what vega will perform like and lets be honest no one knows what AMD cards will perform like untill reviews. He just likes to troll the GPU section.

Associate
I had some very bad experiences with AMD cards but still I will wait until computex for the vega news before getting a GTX 1080, AMD has to try really hard to convince me to get vega insteed of the GTX1080.

sure the vega is going to be faster than the GTX1080 and cheaper at the same time, however peace of mind is number one priority for me. (it is not a coincidence that nvidia cards outsell AMD cards, peace of mind is a big beal)

Associate
I had some very bad experiences with AMD cards but still I will wait until computex for the vega news before getting a GTX 1080, AMD has to try really hard to convince me to get vega insteed of the GTX1080.

sure the vega is going to be faster than the GTX1080 and cheaper at the same time, however peace of mind is number one priority for me. (it is not a coincidence that nvidia cards outsell AMD cards, peace of mind is a big beal)

Not sure what exactly you are expecting to hear during AMD's presentation on the 31st, but I'm sure we won't be seeing any trustworthy benchmarks, just fluff and possibly a release date with pricing.

Soldato

Yea it's called marketing. And AMD suck at it lol.

Associate

Lol. Had more problems with nvidia drivers than with AMD. Peace of Mind lel... this should be a meme

Caporegime
Sometimes I think nvidia's PR/marketing (i.e. propaganda :p ;)) is so good that they could become the new nazis, Jensen Huang being Hitler obviously, us AMD users better be careful! :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom