• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Oh, it got removed already. He went on about how AMD was reported as bait & switching, linking to OC3D's links to OCUK's comments about how it was pre-order offer, yet didn't give links to either so viewers could see what it really said.

Ah welp. :rolleyes:
I think that was posted just a few posts above bud, how did you miss it? Lol.

Associate
Not had my cuppa tea yet :eek:;)

i posted it already, they took it down after i linked him what gibbo actually said on here, he then went onto twitter to say after further grilling amd he is no longer confident on what amd are telling him, its why he took it down

a lot of people were bashing gibbo calling him fake news, i did what i could to stand up for him as he is the only one with balls big enough to come out with the truth about what is really happening

amd were trying to spin gibbo saying that the msrp had changed when thats not what was said, now that other retailers are confirming what gibbo said amd are preparing a official statement on the matter

Associate
i posted it already, they took it down after i linked him what gibbo actually said on here, he then went onto twitter to say after further grilling amd he is no longer confident on what amd are telling him, its why he took it down

a lot of people were bashing gibbo calling him fake news, i did what i could to stand up for him as he is the only one with balls big enough to come out with the truth about what is really happening

amd were trying to spin gibbo saying that the msrp had changed when thats not what was said, now that other retailers are confirming what gibbo said amd are preparing a official statement on the matter

I thought someone must've pointed him in the right direction to suddenly remove it.
Seems even more dubious when he states at least twice that he grilled AMD about it. Guessing he just randomly searched online for anything /shrugs

Associate
I think Steve (Hardware Unboxed) was a bit hasty in posting up his video (understandable though, given current levels of interest), but he's a decent reviewer and has done the right thing of pulling back in order to check. For something as sensitive and controversial as pricing, he's doing the sensible thing of trying to get the facts straight, as I don't think AMD have been straight with reviewers thus far.

Associate
I think Steve (Hardware Unboxed) was a bit hasty in posting up his video (understandable though, given current levels of interest), but he's a decent reviewer and has done the right thing of pulling back in order to check. For something as sensitive and controversial as pricing, he's doing the sensible thing of trying to get the facts straight, as I don't think AMD have been straight with reviewers thus far.

he said he was in contact with amd and they told him that these people where just making **** up to charge more ie price gouging. being confident in what amd told him he made the video but as above with a few links he took it down, i think i would have spent the few mins looking into what is going on rather than being blinded by amd and spending hours making a video on the subject when you dont have all the facts even remotely correct

Associate
It doesn't bode well for other manufacturers. The cards are a bit pricey now compared to the 1080's when compared to performance & once manufacturers release their own versions, they'll obviously add to the cost too.

Time'll tell I guess.

Associate
I get it Gibbo, AMD have made a royal cluster of this, now many of us are stuck with what to do next, I even bought the monitor you recommended based off a vega purchase, not allowing any form of pre order on the r56 means its a total lottery if those off with real interest will see a card this side of november.

Sure many (As am I) are evaluating whether it's worth the aggro and will make do for another year/cycle

OcUK Staff
OP
So you know what the RRP is? Can you tell us all please?

$599 (£589) for air cooled and $699 (£689) for water cooled. UK prices based on us making 8-10%, we lower price we make less, we increase it we make more, just be straight up and honest. We sell at £549 we make very little, close to nothing after credit card / amazon / paypal checkout charges, logistics etc and whislt it is in shortage we will endeavour to make 8-12% because in the grand scheme of things its not a lot, when product is easily available we will aim to move volume at around 5% margin. We don't make much money on these items, why we prefer to sell other stuff rather than components.

15pc Sapphire watercooled arriving next week, all are pre-sold
200pc Powercolor Black air cooled arriving next week, a few spare.
1000+ RX 580 landing, with a PRE-ORDER ONLY PRICE of £278.99 NOW Live with 1pc per customer, pre-order one, once they land the price will increase to prevent miners hoovering them all up.

Associate
$599 (£589) for air cooled and $699 (£689) for water cooled. UK prices based on us making 8-10%, we lower price we make less, we increase it we make more, just be straight up and honest. We sell at £549 we make very little, close to nothing after credit card / amazon / paypal checkout charges, logistics etc and whislt it is in shortage we will endeavour to make 8-12% because in the grand scheme of things its not a lot, when product is easily available we will aim to move volume at around 5% margin. We don't make much money on these items, why we prefer to sell other stuff rather than components.

15pc Sapphire watercooled arriving next week, all are pre-sold
200pc Powercolor Black air cooled arriving next week, a few spare.
1000+ RX 580 landing, with a PRE-ORDER ONLY PRICE of £278.99 NOW Live with 1pc per customer, pre-order one, once they land the price will increase to prevent miners hoovering them all up.
lol if you guys getting 15... Greece will get none...
I pre order mine at low price for water (680 euros with 24% tax) and is TBD a month or more...
we have the cheap black still available for 620 euros (with tax) but i am not getting a blower fan card for my case :p

Associate
I think a real issue here, and this is something I've bought into via a Freesync monitor, is why are we as consumers having to lock ourselves into AMD or Nvidia based on the Freesync/G-Sync monitor we've bought? Both great techs with downsides: Freesync is cheaper but getting a new mid-high end compatible card is difficult, and G-Sync almost has the opposite issue.

I feel as a consumer, the best situation would be I can choose a monitor which would support an adaptive sync technology, and I'd be free to buy whatever GPU I feel would suit my needs based on price, availability, etc. AMD, Nvidia and the monitor manufacturers need to do something about it. If it's Freesync which Nvidia support then great. If it's something we pay extra for but AMD and Nvidia both support it then great. Otherwise you may end up, like me, gambling on one technology and being dependent on one GPU manufacturer to provide what you want. Otherwise it's a compromise of some sort. Why should we spend a grand on PC parts and have to comprimse?

And this issue doesn't seem to exist outside of the GPU/ monitor when looking at compatible PC parts, apart from mobo and CPU. But then they're integrated parts where one won't work without the other, and mobo manufacturers generally seem to keep costs and features similar between Intel and AMD.

Rant over, looking forward to hearing more reports on how Vega does in real consumers' hands, and what the AIB cards are like.

Back
Top Bottom