1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, Aug 14, 2017.

1. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Yep, as it looks like gamers are being penalised, as they are being made to pay a much higher price of £630, to stop the miners buying them.

2. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

The whole stopping miners buying them is a load of BS, it's obvious OcUK are trying to cash in on the rarity of the cards.

3. BadIronTree

Associate

In Uk there are the only guys with stock :D :p

4. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  5. Gibbo

Commissario

Yes all orders shall be honoured, we spoke to AMD about what over-sold and they agreed to extend our number to cover the additional orders that came through. :)

6. FoxEye

Capodecina

And if AMD is selling the 56 for £400+, you might want to brace yourself for a £350+ 2060. 2070 @ £475 and 2080 @ £600 :p

Got to love PC gaming :p

7. ljt

Mobster

They aren't but even those are £590 for the black blower edition at a competititor

8. Gibbo

Commissario

15% margin on a in short supply product, please tell me how 15% is silly when our operational cost are 4%, were not a charity, we are a business. Also Powercolor cost us more than Sapphire, because I guess TUL (parent group of Powercolor) actually want to make some money too.

IN the grand scheme of things this is not silly margin, if I was over 25% then I would be OK thats healthy, could make less, if it was over 30% then in component sales, yep silly margin and thats about as high as it gets. Anyone can see our accounts online, were not making 50%, not 25%, not even 20%, there is no silly margin here. If you want silly margin, well sex toys are a good avenue, we looked at some King Dongs, several 100%, but we thought it did not really fit our profile. ;)

9. Gibbo

Commissario

Yes, RRP of $599, but with six units, NO! However a few hundred land next week, I shall activate a voucher code then to bring them down to around £580, which is around 8%, sorry simply not making less than that are new in demand product. Yes the free games will remain unless AMD authorise to start selling again at £449 and covering the loss such a price makes us.

10. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Well there's a few *****'s on here so they'd fit in just fine :D

11. disi

Gangster

If they are overclocked?

12. FoxEye

Capodecina

I don't know about that. Free lube with every GPU seems like a decent idea!

13. Gibbo

Commissario

Only the battery powered one, 8 Pack had some good fun with it I hear. :D

14. Gibbo

Commissario

Yes GPU's are expensive, but the margin for the retailer is slim to next to nothing at SEP. Only the GPU manufacturer makes the real margin but in AMD's defence the margin is probably not amazing on VEGA because it uses HBM2.0 which is very expensive compared to GDDR5.

15. pagepack

Gangster

So the games are free and are not part of any rrp? But you can only sell with the games and this is $599 retail? Sorry to be a bore, just trying to get grasp on AMD pricing for retailers.

16. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

Given the performance compared to the competition I honestly don't even understand why AMD are focusing on HBM, all that extra cost and it doesn't really gain them anything.

17. ljt

Mobster

I don't think anyone is specifically saying you're at fault Gibbo. People are just saying even at a RRP of $599 the Vega 64 blower edition is overpriced for the performance it offers

18. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Overpriced for gamers yeah but I can't see why gamers would be buying them still at this inflated price when they have been had for £450, it's obvious it's not gamers still snapping them up for that price.

19. opethdisciple

Capodecina

And it's a stock blower fan!

20. five8five

Wise Guy

:D

Are you sure there isn't an adult section of the shop only accessible by password that you may post on the forum (to obviously deter minors)?

On second thoughts, that's a bad idea as Wccftech will soon find out and will post a story about it meaning that every Tom, Dick and Harriet will grab all the good deals.

Gibbo, on a serious note, thanks for being so candid. It's a rare thing nowadays.