• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Associate
I think a real issue here, and this is something I've bought into via a Freesync monitor, is why are we as consumers having to lock ourselves into AMD or Nvidia based on the Freesync/G-Sync monitor we've bought? Both great techs with downsides: Freesync is cheaper but getting a new mid-high end compatible card is difficult, and G-Sync almost has the opposite issue.

I feel as a consumer, the best situation would be I can choose a monitor which would support an adaptive sync technology, and I'd be free to buy whatever GPU I feel would suit my needs based on price, availability, etc. AMD, Nvidia and the monitor manufacturers need to do something about it. If it's Freesync which Nvidia support then great. If it's something we pay extra for but AMD and Nvidia both support it then great. Otherwise you may end up, like me, gambling on one technology and being dependent on one GPU manufacturer to provide what you want. Otherwise it's a compromise of some sort. Why should we spend a grand on PC parts and have to comprimse?

And this issue doesn't seem to exist outside of the GPU/ monitor when looking at compatible PC parts, apart from mobo and CPU. But then they're integrated parts where one won't work without the other, and mobo manufacturers generally seem to keep costs and features similar between Intel and AMD.

Rant over, looking forward to hearing more reports on how Vega does in real consumers' hands, and what the AIB cards are like.

Did they make any new Freesync 2 Monitors available? I want to know because my 27'' Samsung TFT lost his brightness a month ago...

Associate
It's good to see such an open forum, count yourself lucky. In Europe, well, at least in Switzerland, there is NO Vega RX news, no communication, zip, hee haw.

It's could be a disaster, as prices here on electronics are low, salaries are high, so a large percentage of gamers have the means to buy the best of the best, my 1080ti was under £700 so it will be interesting to see how the launch goes of Vega....when ever that is!

Soldato
$599 (£589) for air cooled and $699 (£689) for water cooled. UK prices based on us making 8-10%, we lower price we make less, we increase it we make more, just be straight up and honest. We sell at £549 we make very little, close to nothing after credit card / amazon / paypal checkout charges, logistics etc and whislt it is in shortage we will endeavour to make 8-12% because in the grand scheme of things its not a lot, when product is easily available we will aim to move volume at around 5% margin. We don't make much money on these items, why we prefer to sell other stuff rather than components.

15pc Sapphire watercooled arriving next week, all are pre-sold
200pc Powercolor Black air cooled arriving next week, a few spare.
1000+ RX 580 landing, with a PRE-ORDER ONLY PRICE of £278.99 NOW Live with 1pc per customer, pre-order one, once they land the price will increase to prevent miners hoovering them all up.
Yet you have Powercolor cards at £629... So still willing to make silly margin when it suits you.

Soldato

1u8sgk.jpg

1u8sgk

Soldato
That is straight up 1080Ti money! Who oh who oh who is buying these at this price?? It aint gamers and it aint miners!

This can't be on AMD, not believing that for a second because that would make the standard card price = AIO MSRP at $649. This is pure price gouging, this is the price the AIO was released at.

Associate
This can't be on AMD, not believing that for a second. This is pure price gouging.
Thing is, AMD's silence as been deafening.
Globally no one as said anything about the release day price etc apart from Gibbo, loads of sites/youtubers are even using what Gibbo said to make a point.
Until AMD come out and say something about it all, retailers are getting the abuse.

Soldato
Thing is, AMD's silence as been deafening.
Globally no one as said anything about the release day price etc apart from Gibbo, loads of sites/youtubers are even using what Gibbo said to make a point.
Until AMD come out and say something about it all, retailers are getting the abuse.

I agree AMD need to get out here and make a statement ASAP, taking 2x days is not a good sign to verify MSRP FFS. If AMD have indeed increased MSRP then that's dick move in the same league as Nvidia lying about 970 VRAM.

It simply defies logic that AMD would try to hide this, it's not like it's easily swept under the carpet.

Associate
I agree AMD need to get out here and make a statement ASAP, taking 2x days is not a good sign to verify MSRP FFS. If AMD have indeed increased MSRP then that's **** move in the same league as Nvidia lying about 970 VRAM.

It simply defies logic that AMD would try to hide this, it's not like it's easily swept under the carpet.

It looks like the whole launch was big flop, i expect more to come.

Back
Top Bottom