Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Not happy with that latest episode, I suppose they had to do something to stop the dragons dominating.

Well yeah, because all the build up made you feel safe - in this season Danny had it cornered - she has grown dragons at her disposal - there is no army or walls to stop her dominating Westeros - the only thing stopping her from torching all enemies is her own, slowly dwindling away morality. But they have to finish the season on a cliff hanger, and traditionally it would be something to take away all your safety and all the hope - half a Kings Landing goes boom, Jon Snow dies, that sort of thing. This is your "abandon all hope" of season 7. It looked like the magnificent seven were holding off undead army, Danny's arrival was a guaranteed 100% game changer, she was maybe two "Drakharis" away from torching the entire white walkers head command, there and then, and then boom - one olympic javelin toss and the tables are turned - that blue eyed motherlover was just toying with them, you realise Dragon power means nothing, and that at no point during this whole (6 days in real time, 12 hours in the new GoT time) stand off were our heroes not reachable to his weapons, they were never safe - he was simply anticipating dragon rescue, he was waiting for the real prey. Either that, or the entire episode was just a massive plot hole. One of the two.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm aware of how he died, I think you've misunderstood my use of the word sacrificed. A mothers sacrifice in relation to war is a fairly commonly used term.

Tbh it's common even outside of that term. Simply placing something you value in the way of harm to achieve something could be regarded as potentially sacrificing that thing/person.
(agreeing with you btw) :)

Soldato
I don't understand how the 7 can walk north and get an undead and walk south with it and then deliver it to cersie before the undead get to the wall, what the hell have the undead been doing camping or wandering around, seems silly the time it is taking them to get to the wall

Caporegime
I don't understand how the 7 can walk north and get an undead and walk south with it and then deliver it to cersie before the undead get to the wall, what the hell have the undead been doing camping or wandering around, seems silly the time it is taking them to get to the wall

Its Part of the problem why its Naffer than before for me.

Associate
It took them a while to find those chains...

Caporegime
It took them a while to find those chains...

That scene did kind of prove that the whole thing was a trap though. Obviously the undead can swim (as they would have had to swim down and attach the chains to the dragon) so that small bit of water between them and Snow and co should not have stopped them.

Associate

I'd thought that they hadn't bothered because they knew they couldn't get through. The plan was to capture a dragon to use to help them take the wall down.

Soldato
That is insane the amount of work that went in to just that set. Makes you wonder what other sets they have had to build for the show.

I also didn't realise when watching the actual episode that the Hound stabs the white walker on to one of the dragons spikes.

Soldato
I'd thought that they hadn't bothered because they knew they couldn't get through. The plan was to capture a dragon to use to help them take the wall down.
How did the dire wolf get through in s1, or the guy who ned beheaded, or the wildlings that attacked bran, it's more porus than a sieve :p

Edit: they could just ferry on the back of the dragon over the wall, maybe 10 at a time

Caporegime

someone else had this misconception earlier in the thread - the undead haven't just been heading towards the wall this whole time, the premise is flawed to begin with

we've seen them moving about all over the north, like in season 6 when they headed further north to attack the cave bran was in etc.. or in season 5 when they headed east towards hardhome to attack the large number of willings gathered there...

in season 2 we've seen them at the fist of the first men and a lone white walker collecting a baby at casters keep... then delivering the baby to the night king at some location presumably very far north (though no one seemed to grumble about zipping over the map for that one)

Caporegime
winter is coming and there is a big undead army the other side of the wall that now has a dragon, I don't think people can clam down or why you've concluded that from my post that just pointed out to you that the white walkers haven't been heading to the wall the entire time

Soldato
Why not just stay where they are then? Do they actually want to breach the wall for as you say they have been here there and everwhere for the last 7 seasons

Caporegime
I guess we don't know as they've not attempted to (at least not yet) but it seems quite likely. Why bother assembling an army if they're just going to stay where they are? It seems pretty clear now that the wall was built to keep them out not to keep the willings out.

Soldato
Obviously the undead can swim (as they would have had to swim down and attach the chains to the dragon).
i kinda thought they just dropped through the water and walked along the bottom. probably depends on how reooted they are; some in last ep were about 90% skeletal so i can't imagine them swimming well, but other seemed to be swimming to get up to the edge of the hole to grab the defenders. given they all seemt o have some degree of degraded mobility though, being dead and all, mght it be a stretch to assume a dead dragon still has the strength/ability to fly?

Back
Top Bottom