Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I agree.
I think the time travel silliness is in part so they could shoehorn the Tower of Joy sequence in.

I find the idea of Bran somehow being the NK frankly absurd, as ridiculous as the notion that longclaw is 'alive'.

Yeah I don't think there will be any time travel stuff. Like you said, tower of joy shoehorned in. Hugely important scene that they overlooked back in season 1 and had to get it in. Bran seeing it was the perfect answer although raised more questions for non-book readers.
In any case the time-line seems completely linear, even if it transpires it's Bran who,
Drove the Mad King Mad with whispers (although I think it more likely it was his predecessor who did that.

Anyone disappointed with the overall main story line? its been done many times before (Mass Effect, Babylon 5 to name a couple)

Not really, it was started a while back and while the theme of a hidden enemy lurking in the background has been done lots of times it more about the stories and events that take place within the overall story. The journey if you will ;)
Besides, there might be a couple twists yet to come.

Soldato
I'm at the point where I just want the books to come out so i can get the proper story from GRRM, the depth of conversation and intrigue seems to have been totally lost in the series.

I think Martin himself had said that it's more about the journey than the destination with these stories.

Permabanned
I'd bet that Winds of Winter comes. Even if GRRM kicks the bucket, the publisher would probably release what he has with maybe some ghost-written bits. But I think the only way the last book comes is if it's almost entirely written by someone else.

Associate
I have so many concerns as well. Only really watch it now because of time invested in the series and wanting to see how it ends. The new seasons are very meh to me. A huge concern of mine that I haven't seen raised here is the bs alien mothership style cliche they've introduced. Kill the NK and kill them all. Hate it in every story it's ever been used and just pains me to think after all the books/ episodes they could just end it with John stabbing nk and all the bad guys die and good guys win.....happily ever after etc. Would be unthinkably dumb to me before but way the TV show is going now I could actually see them doing it.

Caporegime
I have so many concerns as well. Only really watch it now because of time invested in the series and wanting to see how it ends. The new seasons are very meh to me. A huge concern of mine that I haven't seen raised here is the bs alien mothership style cliche they've introduced. Kill the NK and kill them all. Hate it in every story it's ever been used and just pains me to think after all the books/ episodes they could just end it with John stabbing nk and all the bad guys die and good guys win.....happily ever after etc. Would be unthinkably dumb to me before but way the TV show is going now I could actually see them doing it.

I would guess that killing the NK wouldn't do anything to the other walkers he has created, it would be more likely that killing a walker kills all the wights it rose, but the walkers aren't linked to the NK in the same manner.

Soldato
That would make more sense, maybe a cliché ending then of the wights defeated and all the walkers dead for Westeros to live happily ever after. Then right at the end it cuts to a dark scene north of the wall where you see 2 blue eyes then roll credits.

Caporegime
That scene did kind of prove that the whole thing was a trap though. Obviously the undead can swim (as they would have had to swim down and attach the chains to the dragon) so that small bit of water between them and Snow and co should not have stopped them.

they didn't need to swim to attach the chains, just sink...

they don't seem to be able to swim as water has stopped them attacking the island in that episode and also the scenes at hard home in season 5 where the willings and night watch escaped by boat, as soon as they were in water deeper than human height they were basically safe

i kinda thought they just dropped through the water and walked along the bottom. probably depends on how reooted they are; some in last ep were about 90% skeletal so i can't imagine them swimming well, but other seemed to be swimming to get up to the edge of the hole to grab the defenders. given they all seemt o have some degree of degraded mobility though, being dead and all, mght it be a stretch to assume a dead dragon still has the strength/ability to fly?

they're very mobile across land, we've seen how quick they can be already, if the wings are undamaged then the dragon almost certainly

I think the time travel silliness is in part so they could shoehorn the Tower of Joy sequence in.

doubt it, that Hodor thing must have come from GRRM and been planned from the start

I would guess that killing the NK wouldn't do anything to the other walkers he has created, it would be more likely that killing a walker kills all the wights it rose, but the walkers aren't linked to the NK in the same manner.

yeah that is a bit odd, I mean in the last episode they killed a walker and the undead he was with died, I mean some of the undead army seem to be linked to other white walkers

Associate
maybe but watch this at 4minutes in
https://youtu.be/S8sw9ADNwrQ

Does that not seem like a setup for kill NK, kill them all? Speculative sure and maybe they're wrong but they seem to think killing the NK would end it all

Caporegime
maybe but watch this at 4minutes in
https://youtu.be/S8sw9ADNwrQ

Does that not seem like a setup for kill NK, kill them all? Speculative sure and maybe they're wrong but they seem to think killing the NK would end it all

Anything is possible :p

I'm just thinking along the lines of vampires. You kill a vampire, and any humans it has compelled are freed. However, any other vampires they have sired are not affected (apart from being very upset in certain lore, hehe).

Caporegime
The whole reason he seemingly held out all this time for a dragon was to burn down the wall. That's not going to happen if it breaths ice :p.

How do you know that?

If it breaths ice cold breath it could freeze the sea and allow them to just walk around the wall...

also it could just ferry a bunch of them at a time over the wall, in fact they don't even need that many, get some white walkers over there and they'd soon start killing off northerners and amassing a new undead army

Back
Top Bottom