The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Soldato
I'm having a strange issue with my X399 Taichi. The intake fan on my Phanteks Enthoo Pro M is connected to fan port 1, and most of the time it runs flat out(In the BIOS not just windows). Occasionally it runs at the speed it should do. I've tried various settings with no difference? Is it a faulty fan or an issue with the board?

Any ideas? :)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Ah interesting. I'm not using a PWM hub but the problem is the same :)

It was a very strange problem, but it only happened when I swapped PSU's. If I put my old PSU back in the fans spin at the proper settings.

Might be worth trying the CPU_OPT if there is one on the X399 platform

You can also confirm it by using the AsRock A-tuning program in windows. If you go into the fan settings and tell it to detect the PWM fan speeds for the header you've got the fan connected to it will show you the RPM for each 10% increment .

When I did this it showed 1300rpm from 0-100% which obviously isn't correct.

Another thing I thought of with your issue is, I have the same case and the case fans that came with the Pro M were all 3 pin only fans, so they won't work on a PWM signal, you have to set the header to Voltage control instead to alter the speed. This was one of the reasons I got the PWM hub as it basically allows you to connect 3 pin fans but control them via PWM

Soldato
Cheers for the info :) On A-tuning it just ignores any tweaks, and shows the fan running at over 1200rpm (or near enough). I'll check the bit about voltage control too :) It's weird as the rear case fan works perfectly.

Associate
Hi - any chance you could look into some issues I'm having overclocking my 1700 on a taichi? Long story short, I'm running the v3 bios and latest chipset sw from amd (as of last night). Every time I increase vcore to 1.375 or 1.4 (fixed or offset) my processor gets stuck at 1.55ghz in Windows. I've tried manually entering the frequency and pstate0 overclocking (with and without c6 and cool and quiet enabled). Software overclocking works, but obviously brings its own issues.

Is this a bug you're planning on fixing, or am I stuffed? It looks like it only affects people using a 1600 or 1700 from what I've seen online, across all mobo brands.

Thanks!

Associate
Hello all,

We're taking steps to improve our presence in the UK, and part of this is more direct interaction with you, our end-users, past, present and future. Therefore, we'd like to welcome you all to our very own thread discussing everything ASRock.

Here, you're welcome to ask any ASRock related questions, including technical support, pre-sales questions and giving feedback - we'll make sure any queries end up in the right hands and that you'll get a response ASAP.

We're running this thread from Taiwan, so there's a sizeable time difference. This means we're not able to respond instantly, but we'll be checking in daily at least. Also, we'll publish info on current events we're involved in, giveaways, and so forth in this thread.

Let the posting commence!

/ ASRock UK

Hi ASRock!

Associate
To answer my own question, yes there is! I was adding the offset, but wasn't changing the CPU voltage setting.

For anyone else having similar problems with a Ryen 1700 getting stuck at 1.55ghz, set "CPU frequency and voltage change" to manual. Dial in your CPU frequency (in my case 3900) and your desired voltage less your offset in the "CPU Voltage(v)" in the box (I was aiming for 1.4v overall, so in my case I entered 1.35). Then set "CPU Vcore Voltage" to "offset mode" and enter the voltage you need to add (in my case 0.05) to get your overall voltage.

Thanks for making think about it again!

Soldato
I think the fan speed issue is sorted now. I moved it from chassis fan 1 to opt_cpu. When I restarted the PC the fan was flat out but opt_cpu had a setting for pwm or dc (set to PWM), when I changed it to DC it dropped straight away. I wonder if the chassis fan 1 header was struggling to detect the fan type maybe?

Associate
To answer my own question, yes there is! I was adding the offset, but wasn't changing the CPU voltage setting.

For anyone else having similar problems with a Ryen 1700 getting stuck at 1.55ghz, set "CPU frequency and voltage change" to manual. Dial in your CPU frequency (in my case 3900) and your desired voltage less your offset in the "CPU Voltage(v)" in the box (I was aiming for 1.4v overall, so in my case I entered 1.35). Then set "CPU Vcore Voltage" to "offset mode" and enter the voltage you need to add (in my case 0.05) to get your overall voltage.

Thanks for making think about it again!

if its any help i set just p states
9c (3900 mhz)
27 ( 1. 306 volts)
then chuck cpu voltage on advanced page to *fixed* and LLc level 2

its worked since day one for me and bios versions 1.6/2.0/2.3/3.0
this is also a taichi with a r7 1700 non X

Associate
Cheers for the info :) On A-tuning it just ignores any tweaks, and shows the fan running at over 1200rpm (or near enough). I'll check the bit about voltage control too :) It's weird as the rear case fan works perfectly.
over on the asrock support forum a guy was having issues with the fans ,the advice of set bios to defaults save and exit fixed the issue, he then proceeded to custom set them again to desired settings
(i think the bug/issue was due to updating his bios and it mucked about with the fan control as he hadnt reset defaults before the flashing later bios

Associate
if its any help i set just p states
9c (3900 mhz)
27 ( 1. 306 volts)
then chuck cpu voltage on advanced page to *fixed* and LLc level 2

its worked since day one for me and bios versions 1.6/2.0/2.3/3.0
this is also a taichi with a r7 1700 non X

Interesting - were you just setting vcore voltage to fixed, or were you also setting cpu voltage? If I just ran fixed vcore and changed the pstate, I ended up stuck at 1.55...

Looks like there's still a bit of work for them to do in the bios, but I'm really pleased with mine now it's hit reasonable clocks.

Associate
Interesting - were you just setting vcore voltage to fixed, or were you also setting cpu voltage? If I just ran fixed vcore and changed the pstate, I ended up stuck at 1.55...

Looks like there's still a bit of work for them to do in the bios, but I'm really pleased with mine now it's hit reasonable clocks.

yes i enter pstates settings (which selects 1.306 on option 27 ) then back into the normal advanced page select vcore/cpu to fixed volts and load level calibration to level 2 this does a great job of holding it very very close to 1.3 volts
i dont set cpu voltage on the advanced page (and it the options were different there on earlier bios)
since version bios 1.6 my cpu has never mucked around with its speed always 3.9ghz and never mucked about at 1.3 volts either
i also set my soc to 1.0volts and fix that also at llc 2 on advanced tab of bios
i just followed the taichi overclocking guide on you tube by a guy called techcity (now called yestechcity or something) aussie guy knows his business and luckily enough got the taichi in the reviewers pack at launch

cpu wise this has my most pain free experiance :) with overclocking

my ram ..............hmmmmmmmmm got lucky and got the rated 3200mhz from day one with gskill 3200 tridentz cl15 but not had any luck overclocking them in any way on any bios version, but all in all im very happy with this system

EDIT HERES THE LINK I FOLLOWED TO SET OVERCLOCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4

Back
Top Bottom