The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
Not wanting to start a new thread I have problems on a new build not posting
Motherboard ASrockB350 Gaming K4
AMD5 1600
Memory Geil Evo X GAEXY416GB3200C16ADC
Zotac GTX 1050 Yes not the best.
Power Cooler Mater V750
No hard drive or anything else plugged in.
The computer just keeps restarting over and over again with nothing on the screen.
I have tried moving memory and also tried with a stick of Corsair CMK16GX4M228000C15 but no change
Please what should I do next?

Soldato
Not wanting to start a new thread I have problems on a new build not posting
Motherboard ASrockB350 Gaming K4
AMD5 1600
Memory Geil Evo X GAEXY416GB3200C16ADC
Zotac GTX 1050 Yes not the best.
Power Cooler Mater V750
No hard drive or anything else plugged in.
The computer just keeps restarting over and over again with nothing on the screen.
I have tried moving memory and also tried with a stick of Corsair CMK16GX4M228000C15 but no change
Please what should I do next?

Are all the power connections good? 24 pin and 8 pin.

Unplug, reset the CMOS, remove battery, press start switch a few times to discharge the capacitor charge and replace the battery.

Associate
Are all the power connections good? 24 pin and 8 pin.

Unplug, reset the CMOS, remove battery, press start switch a few times to discharge the capacitor charge and replace the battery.

Thanks for the advice.
I reset the CMOS etc. but no better, so removed motherboard from case and found Corsair memory not seated fully, fixed and working, so updated BIOS to 2.60 and put everything back in case with Geil memory, working fine and installed Windows 10. Restarted computer for about the 5th time after all that and the problem came back. No video output and computer restarting every 30 seconds. After more testing I found that one of the memory modules was the problem, and only worked some of the time. Overclockers as usual great customer support and will RMA the memory.

Associate
No go for me with v3.00 and the LPX at 3200 - standard XMP profile booted through once then after that got stuck in the boot loop so back to 3066 for me. The fact that it got there once was better than previous attempts for me though so getting there I think...

Associate
No go for me with v3.00 and the LPX at 3200 - standard XMP profile booted through once then after that got stuck in the boot loop so back to 3066 for me. The fact that it got there once was better than previous attempts for me though so getting there I think...
try a little more volts on ram ,soc circa 1 volt and relax the timings a little

heres a link to the asrock support forum showing one of the mods getting 3200 on the other 370 board

it might give you some pointers

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5451&PN=12&title=agesa-1006a

Associate
Just got an ASRock X370 Killer and no matter what I do I cannot get it to bring up the raid configuration. The dialogue comes up to press CTRL + R but it doesn't do anything when I press it and just goes on with booting as normal.

Running drvcfg from the EFI shell returns nothing but I can see the drives just fine for everything else. I'm completely out of ideas on what else to try, I've wasted so much time trying to get around it and not sure how to proceed. I'm considering returning the board and trying a different model in the hopes another will work but that's yet more time wasted.

OcUK Staff
So, when's the AM4 ITX board being released?

I have tested the X370 ITX board its very good. I will put the results in this thread Monday but 1700 3.9-4ghz with 3466mhz memory with the 8Pack sticks is no issue at all rock stable. I will amend my bundles to include this board as an option and I believe we ordered from distribution to arrive this week.

Back
Top Bottom