The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
ahhhh bo ll ocks .. it's the memory overclocking fine with mem set to 2400 .. anything above that BOOM
I hate rma's do gskill have an eu based rma center ?

was the last beta bios 2.36 ?

Last edited:
Associate
so .. will run at 3.8 with mem @2400
will run stock 3 with mem @3200
try mixing them both boom ..
3.6with mem @3200 1.35v fine but need 1.2v on soc
and seeing it was running at 4ghz @3400 .. I'm really starting to think soc even tho it's never been over 1.2v and all under water .. :(
whens ryzen 2 out ..lol

Associate
I can recommend X399 Taichi to anyone thinking of Threadripper build. Running 32GB 3200 Mhz c14 easy and 2933Mhz 64GB c14 also on early bios with high cpu clicking.

its does seem a little ryzen launch all over though

buy the cpu ,and wait for the boards to arrive in the uk much later
(not that i intend to get a TR, im quite happy with the ryzen 7 and taichi )
i enjoy reading the news though and TR indeed looks promising
good luck in your future adventures and sucess with the platform

OcUK Staff
I will be doing a very high end OC Bundle with ASrock X299 OC Formula

Started testing 8Pack Xtreem dimms on OCF today 4452mhz stable dual channel no problem. Will push higher Monday. So easy to OC memory on here set XMP move up base clock. Voltage 1.35-1.4v. Test.....!!!!!

Associate
Hello folks

I have an AsRock X99 Extreme6 mobo - very happy with it!

I'm just wondering if it's possible on shutdown to have the power to my various USB peripherals shutdown too. At the moment I unplug what I can, but for those bits and piece plugged in at the back of my PC it can be a bit of a bother.
Sometimes I just leave things plugged in but some of the peripherals have LEDs which remain lit which isn't ideal in my bedroom when trying to sleep, as at 1am in a dark room they can seem very bright!
And I've noticed my Oculus Rift stays quite warm constantly even with the PC shutdown.

I know the BIOS has various settings relating to different levels of Sleep but I've never really understood it all.
When I shutdown my PC, I want a full power down - where there is no power/data going to the USB ports.
Is that possible?
If so how exactly do I do that?
I have the 3.20 BIOS for my board, which I think is the latest.
Apologies for the ignorant question - Any help very welcome!

Thanks

Soldato
Hello folks

I have an AsRock X99 Extreme6 mobo - very happy with it!

I'm just wondering if it's possible on shutdown to have the power to my various USB peripherals shutdown too. At the moment I unplug what I can, but for those bits and piece plugged in at the back of my PC it can be a bit of a bother.
Sometimes I just leave things plugged in but some of the peripherals have LEDs which remain lit which isn't ideal in my bedroom when trying to sleep, as at 1am in a dark room they can seem very bright!
And I've noticed my Oculus Rift stays quite warm constantly even with the PC shutdown.

I know the BIOS has various settings relating to different levels of Sleep but I've never really understood it all.
When I shutdown my PC, I want a full power down - where there is no power/data going to the USB ports.
Is that possible?
If so how exactly do I do that?
I have the 3.20 BIOS for my board, which I think is the latest.
Apologies for the ignorant question - Any help very welcome!

Thanks

Could this be more a Windows thing?

Windows > Device Manager > select peripheral, right-click > Properties > Power Management. Is "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power," unticked or ticked?

Associate
Could this be more a Windows thing?

Windows > Device Manager > select peripheral, right-click > Properties > Power Management. Is "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power," unticked or ticked?

Hmm. Not sure. Anyway, the Oculus as it appears in Device Manager is a Sound Device and it does not have any power management options.
But I'm sure there are BIOS settings for this. Thanks for the suggestion though Danny75.
It would be grand if an AsRock person, or anyone else who knows the AsRock UEFI inside out, could explain exactly what setting I need to select in the BIOS.
Thanks

Associate
I've recently got the ASRock X370 Taichi and have noticed issues with 4K reads and writes on my Intel 750 400GB (PCIe card) with significantly lower benchmarks than on my previous ASRock H87 board.

Here's the Crystaldiskmark results from my old H87 board when slotted into the spare PCIe 2.0 slot (running at PCIe x4 2.0):

3XKaZ0t.jpg

Now here's what I get on my brand new ASRock X370 board when slotted into the 2nd PCIe 3.0 slot (so running at PCIe x4 3.0):

bk2q54B.jpg

Running latest 3.0 BIOS, not overclocked at all, but also with only 1 stick of DDR4 until my new ram arrives (unlikely to be the issue though I would have thought). [Edit: also on the latest chipset drivers direct from AMD, 17.30 I think. Running High performance power profile with PCIe Link State Power Management "off"]

Have any of you chaps had these problems and know how to resolve it? I see people on other forums with the problem but no one seems to have provided an answer.

Cheers

Associate
Long time lurker here ...

I have a couple of questions on the AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX motherboard. I chose this mainly as it appears to be the only board I can find in this form factor that supports a second PCIe slot above x1.
It will be using an R7/1700 (I need threads rather than absolute speed - no overclocking) with 64GB Memory and will spend its time running stuff such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch under Linux (Probably RHEL or Centos)

Questions:
  1. Are there any known issues installing Linux to this board ?
  2. Recommendations for memory ?
  3. Any other thoughts / opinions on this setup ?

Ta!

OcUK Staff
Linux is fine.
GSkill is the best 16GB modules but are at a cost. If you oc the mems get these.
If your not overclocking the Ram although without oc you lose performance team group 2400Mhz c14 is fine.
We tested that board quite abit for systems it's very solid and cab oc if you need at anytime.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I've recently got the ASRock X370 Taichi and have noticed issues with 4K reads and writes on my Intel 750 400GB (PCIe card) with significantly lower benchmarks than on my previous ASRock H87 board.

Here's the Crystaldiskmark results from my old H87 board when slotted into the spare PCIe 2.0 slot (running at PCIe x4 2.0):

3XKaZ0t.jpg

Now here's what I get on my brand new ASRock X370 board when slotted into the 2nd PCIe 3.0 slot (so running at PCIe x4 3.0):

bk2q54B.jpg

Running latest 3.0 BIOS, not overclocked at all, but also with only 1 stick of DDR4 until my new ram arrives (unlikely to be the issue though I would have thought). [Edit: also on the latest chipset drivers direct from AMD, 17.30 I think. Running High performance power profile with PCIe Link State Power Management "off"]

Have any of you chaps had these problems and know how to resolve it? I see people on other forums with the problem but no one seems to have provided an answer.

Cheers

Check your 'IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers' in Device Manager, they are probably all going to be listed as 'Standard SATA AHCI'. One of them should have the proper AMD drivers that don't seem to get installed with the normal chipset drivers (even though they are included).

You'll have to try all 3 to see which is the one that needs the specific driver. Just go to Update Driver --> Browse --> Browse --> point it at the C:\AMD folder, tick the 'include subfolders' then click Next

On two of the SATA controllers it'll just say it can't find anything, on one it'll find the proper AMD driver.

Install it and reboot. See if it improves your scores any. Using a SATA 3.0 M2 I gained ~35MB/s Seq just by updating the drivers.

Worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom