Overwatch

Soldato
how anyone solo q's and go up the ranks I never know.

Enjoying American servers but I win 3, then loose 2. I win another, then loose 2 - so after 8 games I'm the same SR as I was if I hadn't started playing!!! lol

Soldato
From looking into I now see why. My first season I played which was season 3 or 4 I finished placements at 1800 ish, I'm a much better player these days and came in at 1650, but I wasn't aware my ranking last season had an effect on this

The rank you end the season at is literally the only thing that matters (not including decay)

Soldato
tell you - for those "hating" the game - play on American servers - it's a different game. Friendly, good picks, team play, 4/5/6 players in teamchat. Totally refreshed things for me.

Junk is very OP at the moment - loving him!

you wern't lying.

got demoted on uk servers from salty crying little kids who refuse to change or play as a team.

switched to american servers. promoted back up even the losses of the evening were fun losses with awesome teamwork and just being outplayed.

for those who haven't switched. switch! seemed like a lot of English people on the american servers from all the accents

Soldato
I didn't believe the above but I tried playing on NA last night and found it to be pretty good as well... some good games and generally people not being complete ass-hats to each other; I was even able to play without all of the voice comms muted which I haven't in ages

Soldato
Hmm... I take it back to some extent... NA is certainly better in terms of people's attitudes but at the end of the day it's still the same rubbish poorly designed crap-fest of a game it is on EU

Associate
Just mute the voice and text chat. I was so against this in earlier seasons, but I play so much better when I don't have people moaning
Chat is one thing, but 9 out of 10 after I choose widow someone will take hanzo just in spite. And obvioulsy genji after i pick sombra or tracer

Soldato
Finished my placements, 3w -1d - 6l and came out 2380ish. Happy enough with that, I think it's probably around where I should be (as in, an accurate reflection of my skill).

Been playing NA for most of those. I've had two games with great comms and others with average comms, but in none of them did anyone get toxic. In one game, I was the last one on point, had three enemies, it was OT and if I could kill them we basically win. One guy saying 'soldier, hit Q' two or three times in comms. I killed baby D.va, hit Q and died a second later before getting another. 'I would have preferred to wait for a healer to use my ult tbh' I said. 'But they were all squishy...' he says 'but no worries, we'll get em'. He had a valid point, I really should have popped it immediately and hopefully killed all 3, I was focused on my target and didn't assess the situation until it was dead. Tbf, 9 times out of 10 I probably would have, but no moaning at me like would likely have happened on an EU server. It does seem a better place to play.

Soldato
I
how anyone solo q's and go up the ranks I never know.

Enjoying American servers but I win 3, then loose 2. I win another, then loose 2 - so after 8 games I'm the same SR as I was if I hadn't started playing!!! lol

I've not played a ranked match in any game for about 3 years. After talking to a colleague the other day saying he plays competitive I gave it a go.

After 4 matches I'd won 2 and lost 2. The Last 2 matches we had such an imbalanced team I literally started flaming the chat (Hanzo, Widow, Ana) and only myself as a tank

Lessons learned, don't play competitive as it's just not worth the stress (for me atleast)

Soldato
It is a chore to play unfortunately... here's a great exchange from last night when I was playing with my wife, she was playing Ana:

Some guy: "need mercy, ana go mercy"
Mrs.Rufus: "I can try if you want but I'm not a great mercy"
Mrs.Rufus: "can Ana, Zen, or Lucio, or I can tank if someone wants to swap?"
Some guy: "no go mercy k thx"

... a little time passes, the game isn't going great ...

Same guy: "ffs mercy"
Same guy: "0 heal"
Same guy: "this mercy so bad"

Can't win! The game after that was on Gibraltar and the other team had a ~2000SR Mercy queuing with a ~2900SR Pharah who had been in Masters previous seasons and it was beyond stupidly one-sided... just from that Pharmercy alone we could barely even leave spawn most of the game. Not much fun

Soldato
barely moved SR since the season started but having way more fun this season. Orisa/Junk/Mercy/Zen - lovely games on US servers - everyone chatting/switching.

Associate
Quality of games of games on US servers is absolutely no different,just more BS due to higher ping.Hitboxes are maybe a bit more generous due to interpolation but thats it.

Back
Top Bottom