• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will we see 'delidded' i7 8700k cpu's from 8 pack, on day one?

Associate
No point of Deliding a crap clocker is there ?? There are few guys that do Delid service but You wont have warranty on it.

With my Silicon lottery luck next CPU im getting is Binned. **** this had 2x1700 and 1x1700x cpus. And not a single once could do stable 4ghz even at 1.44volts !!! Rather pay extra 100-150 and have a good clocker. Only thing is I will need to order one from Silicon lottery as OCUK does not bin ryzen CPUs.

When 8700k comes out i shall let you have first dibs on my 1700X :p

XruZiF7.jpg

Permabanned
Hate the company or products?

Tantalum, tin, tungsten, and gold are referred to as conflict minerals. They are integral to the technology and other things we rely on every day: from laptops, phones, and tablets to cars, airplanes, lighting, and jewelry. Militias and rebel groups in eastern Congo, funded by the sale of these minerals, have killed over 5 million people since 1998.

Learn more about our efforts to eliminate conflict minerals from our supply chain in the links below

Conflict Free Minerals and Intel

Both mate used to hate ibtel for its monopoly practices but yhey had good cpus. But since they started to pot tim instead of solder in cpus now even on hedt platform they can gi **** themselfes. I could buy 1000 quid cpu no problem can afford one but not when i have to delid the ******* thing to overclick it....

Permabanned
When 8700k comes out i shall let you have first dibs on my 1700X :p

XruZiF7.jpg
Does it pass 10x ibt very high or is it one of those overclocks that will crash 8 hours in rendering cause only stable thing it can do is cb15 and 3d mark and gaming?? My 3950 oc with 3333cl14 ddrs tight timing passes ibt max 10. And can render 48 hours constantly with no crash. Sure i can bench at 4.1 with 1.45 on cpu but thats not real use stable..

Ps i got phobya nova extreme cooling my ryzenh titan combo temps dont pass 64 when burning ibt at 1.43 vcore probobly could do 1.5 constant no problem with my cooling power lol

Associate
Does it pass 10x ibt very high or is it one of those overclocks that will crash 8 hours in rendering cause only stable thing it can do is cb15 and 3d mark and gaming?? My 3950 oc with 3333cl14 ddrs tight timing passes ibt max 10. And can render 48 hours constantly with no crash. Sure i can bench at 4.1 with 1.45 on cpu but thats not real use stable..

Ps i got phobya nova extreme cooling my ryzenh titan combo temps dont pass 64 when burning ibt at 1.43 vcore probobly could do 1.5 constant no problem with my cooling power lol

It passed Real bench for 18 hours solid while running loops of heaven temps hitting 71*c with 240 aio. No real difference in performance between 3.9 and 4.1 didnt think to use intel burn test

i just sit it at 3.9 with 1.3 Volts the voltage increase to make 4.1 isn't worth it imo

Last edited:
Soldato
People choose to ignore stuff like that and focus more on calling their products over priced or focus n business practices that many a company would choose to use if in the same situation, including AMD, but it's not always published in the press or bloggers either (about other companies) but Intel gets the exposure. I just hope none of the Intel haters have Apple phones as IMO that's a bit of a conflict of interest

Intel haters hate intel due to stuff like this...This also includes me, who has an INTEL setup

Permabanned
It passed Real bench for 18 hours solid while running loops of heaven temps hitting 71*c with 240 aio. No real difference in performance between 3.9 and 4.1 didnt think to use intel burn test

i just sit it at 3.9 with 1.3 Volts the voltage increase to make 4.1 isn't worth it imo
Indeed thats why im at 3950 cause more just needs stupid volts for not much gain :p

Soldato
It appears Intel are not quite finished with it yet.

Intel wins a retrial over their €1.06 Billion fine from the EU commission https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cp...ir_1_06_billion_fine_from_the_eu_commission/1

To be honest, this is one of those so serious cases of malpractice i think the origional fine was low anyway. Let's asume the court finds the origional finding correct..........................................does that mean after all these years of non payment they can raise it to the £3billion it would be in todays money ?

Permabanned
To be honest, this is one of those so serious cases of malpractice i think the origional fine was low anyway. Let's asume the court finds the origional finding correct..........................................does that mean after all these years of non payment they can raise it to the £3billion it would be in todays money ?

Kinda begs the question.... Have they even learned from it? It's kind of like a guy up in court for a serious crime, yet shows no remorse.

If they can do it once they can do it again, if they are yet to own up and take responsibility for something that happened 10 years ago, then it kind of say's that those currently in charge have a similar if not the same mentality.

OcUK Staff
Binning profiles at the ready.

If we get stock I will really try to do some numbers of this sku at different speeds and delided for launch....

All depends on stock allocated.

I will also figure out several bundles again depending on relevant boards being in stock.

I am now preparing a video for Coffeelake launch if you want anything covering in the video please let me know.

Last edited:
Associate

If we get stock I will really try to do some numbers of this sku at different speeds and delided for launch....

I will also figure out several bundles again depending on relevant boards being in stock.

I am now preparing a video for Coffeelake launch if you want anything covering in the video please let me know.

I would love some gaming info at 1440p and 4K in fps games and strategy games ! All I do is game nothing else just want to know if it's worth the wating for the 8700k to launch or should I pick something else.

Soldato

Memory speeds on boards on something other than the flagships would be nice.
Like on a £200 strix board.

Soldato
Memory speeds on boards on something other than the flagships would be nice.
Like on a £200 strix board.

Is there that much difference? 1% margin of error usually, but a side-by-side would show that nicely. Therefore proving that you can spend £130 on a board if you don't want all the flashing lights and extra non-sense that 90% of the buyers never use, and unless you are trying to bleed every last MHz from the CPU, it's money wasted. Obviously I don't expect OCUK to do that, as the margins on those expensive boards are huge, compared to the normal margins of the low end boards.

Soldato
Is there that much difference? 1% margin of error usually, but a side-by-side would show that nicely. Therefore proving that you can spend £130 on a board if you don't want all the flashing lights and extra non-sense that 90% of the buyers never use, and unless you are trying to bleed every last MHz from the CPU, it's money wasted. Obviously I don't expect OCUK to do that, as the margins on those expensive boards are huge, compared to the normal margins of the low end boards.

Going on z270 boards, only a few were able to break past 3866mhz. At least in the spec sheet for the boards.
Just keen to see if its the same case on coffee.

Soldato
Going on z270 boards, only a few were able to break past 3866mhz. At least in the spec sheet for the boards.
Just keen to see if its the same case on coffee.

Yes I suppose, however other than the likes of Handbrake which loves memory bandwidth, once you get past the 3600MHz mark there not a great deal of point, what sort of % increase will you see in normal applications/games, 1-2% at most going to 4000MHz+, it's severe diminishing returns. However, again on a new platform you can never be armed with enough information, that's for sure. :)

Back
Top Bottom