• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Associate
Thanks for the updates and advice on the cases. Coming from an IP5, I have just backed it up via iTunes. Is it best to setup the IP8+ as a new phone or restore from my iTunes backup so it then installs all my apps, and other data? Presume the latter but just wanted to check as its been a long time since I setup a new iPhone. Sorry if thats a daft question.

Soldato
Soldato
But even with those wireless chargers, it’s slower than charging with the supplied lightning cable. It was very poor.

Yes again, because Wireless is 5w maximum, if you are using pretty much anything other than a pants 1A/5V USB mains adapter then you'll be getting 10w/12.5w through the lightning cable on a 2A/2.4A charging brick. :)

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the 8+, currently on a Galaxy S6 and fed up of a crappy camera and battery life so fancy giving apple a try for the first time since the iPhone 3G.

How's the battery life on the 8+ given the lower battery than the 7+? Does the A11 chip make up for it? I'm guessing the camera is also pretty amazing compared to what I'm used to.

Soldato
Bought the Plus yesterday...

Nice phone, but I’m not sure if they have been properly quality controlled... never had a problem with any iPhone until now.
- The camera stopped working as though it couldn’t gain focus and froze a lot and eventually had to turn off and on again...
- The call quality is weird as you have a subtle popping noise in the background that doesn’t distort quality, but is generally annoying and lastly, recording video sometimes has distorted sound for the first few seconds...

Permabanned

Nice phone, but I’m not sure if they have been properly quality controlled... never had a problem with any iPhone until now.
- The camera stopped working as though it couldn’t gain focus and froze a lot and eventually had to turn off and on again...
- The call quality is weird as you have a subtle popping noise in the background that doesn’t distort quality, but is generally annoying and lastly, recording video sometimes has distorted sound for the first few seconds...

Try a hard reset:-

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
Press and hold the Side button (aka power) until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work I would return it, I have had none of those problems on my 8...

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the 8+, currently on a Galaxy S6 and fed up of a crappy camera and battery life so fancy giving apple a try for the first time since the iPhone 3G.

How's the battery life on the 8+ given the lower battery than the 7+? Does the A11 chip make up for it? I'm guessing the camera is also pretty amazing compared to what I'm used to.

Almost 40 minutes of use since I took it off charge and the battery hasn’t dropped 1%.

My Samsung before would have been on 93/4% by now.

Soldato
Try a hard reset:-

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
Press and hold the Side button (aka power) until you see the Apple logo.

If that does not work I would return it, I have had none of those problems on my 8...
Cheers mate. I’ve had a read around since posting and that seems to be the recommendation other than speakerphone on and off.

Likely I’ll exchange if I have any problem at all since the reset. Too much money for a phone that doesn’t work as expected!

Associate

The popping noise is a fault. It existed with the 7, some did it others didn’t. Hold your ear to the Apple logo on the back and it’s even louder, especially when running apps.

Soldato
Almost 40 minutes of use since I took it off charge and the battery hasn’t dropped 1%.

Good news, if possible could you screenshot how much you have left at the end of the day in normal use? I really want a phone with a decent battery for once, battery and camera are the main things I care about.

Soldato

I think you can be certain that figure is simply within tolerances of incorrectly reported battery life.
Similar to the ipad airs in tests not dropping the same amount proportionately over the 100% of reported life.

In fourty minutes of use for 1%, would suggest 4000 minutes asage time, nearly three days. Unlikely.

Time measure your usage over you drop from 100-80 and then from 60-40 and 20-0 and see if they remotely correspond.

Associate
Guys,

I have been working nights so didn't get the pre- order. I would like to pick one up tomorrow but not sure about pick up availability as the website says nothing for pick up in nearest 12 stores, what are the chances there will be some in the apple store if I turned up?

Soldato
yes my 8+ is unreal on the battery, ok a couple of calls, this weekend but a lot of internet browsing, pics of the kids and other stuff and its still going from Fridays night i.e i charged it to 100% at 10pm friday, ok its at 19% now but its very good

Soldato
Guys,

I have been working nights so didn't get the pre- order. I would like to pick one up tomorrow but not sure about pick up availability as the website says nothing for pick up in nearest 12 stores, what are the chances there will be some in the apple store if I turned up?

Pretty sure stock is abundant everywhere.

I literally walked in this morning and got my yearly upgrade programme set up with a 8+ 256GB and I saw the stock level was green.

Everyone is waiting for the X so you'll be golden.

Soldato
yes my 8+ is unreal on the battery, ok a couple of calls, this weekend but a lot of internet browsing, pics of the kids and other stuff and its still going from Fridays night i.e i charged it to 100% at 10pm friday, ok its at 19% now but its very good

Looks like unless pixel 2 comes out with something incredible, I'll be picking one up then!

Back
Top Bottom