PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
nothing worse when you 1on1 in final circle think you know where guy is then the bush comes to life like predator and its a ghille with a groza :p. :(:D

Soldato
I swear to god this is the clunkiest FPS ever designed. And I see they "patched in" ruining the matchmaking.

That's always been broken.

The chinese ruin this game for me, I shouldn't need to use a third party device like joining discord to find English speaking players. I always enjoyed playing with randoms, meeting new people and adding them as new friends if we click together.

But man, the moments I find a good squad! Game is so much fun, working together, moving together and taking people down, sharing equipment and weapons.

Really fills in for the The Division, damn in some ways, I wish The Division was more like this.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
^ Are you playing on EU servers?

Admittedly I don't play with randoms that often and when I do it's usually duos, but I've never been paired with anyone that doesn't speak some English.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Game is seriously a bit tedious now. I actually dread making it to the last 10 in any game mode, the amount of people I've come across hacking has really detracted from the whole experience now.

I'd rather drop into a hot zone and fight right from the get go for five minutes than wait around and play safe to only get taken out by a third party tool. It saps all fun from the game. Opening up to the Steam Marketplace was the worst thing they could have done - it monetized the game and created an incentive to attract all the asian hackers.

Caporegime
if you stay away asia and Na its not that bad.on them servers its mainly cheating.people are asking the devs to lock china players to china only servers as battleeye said most people who cheat or banned are from china region.

cant see that happening though.will be interesting to see when new season starts shortly if they have stepped up measures to stop cheaters.

Associate
Not having too much time for gaming of late so play with randoms where I don't feel bad not sticking around to watch them carry on if I need to leave and have died :p Been screwed over by team killers twice though, one had me properly raging as had killed 6 people at school solo, he turns up I start giving him a load of loot and he shotguns me point blank :( He then wasted all his ammo and went and stood on the road and disconnected, so pointless. Think to report out of game need video and all I had was screenshots. Did report ingame though so hopefully somehow that'll bite him in the backside.

Played solo instead after that and second or third game in got a chicken dinner :D

Associate
I've played just over 400 hours on this game and only encountered 2 hackers. Either I'm lucky or you guys are judging good players as 'hackers'. Fair enough if you get 1 shotted to the head moving in a car with a VSS (that's happened to me) but maybe you're just getting outplayed by someone who is better than you? In BG there is a big skill gap with players. But yeh I definitely think they should lock Chinese players to specific servers. Also frustrating on the steam forums where there's a bunch of Chinese writing in it, even though they have their own forum.

Soldato
I've played just over 400 hours on this game and only encountered 2 hackers. Either I'm lucky or you guys are judging good players as 'hackers'. Fair enough if you get 1 shotted to the head moving in a car with a VSS (that's happened to me) but maybe you're just getting outplayed by someone who is better than you? In BG there is a big skill gap with players. But yeh I definitely think they should lock Chinese players to specific servers. Also frustrating on the steam forums where there's a bunch of Chinese writing in it, even though they have their own forum.

Battleye said they were banning between 6 and 13 thousand players a day...that's an awful lot.

Soldato
Weird how you think that, I find that the game is pretty smooth for me, the only clunky part I find is when you jump and fall and you do that "landing" that slows you really down.
Smooth in what regard?, just taking all of Disco_P points:
Looting: erratic, sometimes you simply wont pick up items even mashing the button.
Doors,: always a delay in opening at round start, if you get a lag spike your gonna have difficulties opening them
Jumping: Physics cant decide what you can or cant jump over in any given situation
Movement on uneven terrain: as above
Reloading: fine for the most part, unless its a random smg or shotgun that randomly decides not to reload even though the sounds all happened

I enjoy playing a few matches a week, but this game is anything but smooth. Thats why the joke 'esports ready' is constantly used.

Soldato

It's pretty easy to work out who cheaters are. If they're rocking a 60% HSK ratio after 500 kills then they're full of ****. A quick look at stats is enough to confirm whether someone is getting a helping hand.

If you take someone like shroud(apparantly one of the best players) then add 10% to his stats anything above that is suspect anything 50% better is likely ********.

A third option is the people who are encountering hackers moreso are a higher rank than you.

Soldato
Looting: erratic, sometimes you simply wont pick up items even mashing the button.
Doors,: always a delay in opening at round start, if you get a lag spike your gonna have difficulties opening them
Jumping: Physics cant decide what you can or cant jump over in any given situation
Movement on uneven terrain: as above.

I love this game, its brilliant, I'm addicted to it.

But sadly I have to agree with all of the above and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has lag spikes right at the start of a game. It shouldn't be quicker to press tab and manually drag stuff into your bag than it is to just mash 'F'.

Something else I was thinking about....wouldn't it be great to have the original Operation Flashpoint voice commands in this game....

"Three, move to house, eleven o clock"

"Oh no....three, is down"

"This is four, taking command"

"Oh no, four, is down"

"All, get in UAZ, 100 metres", "All, disembark!", "All, get in UAZ, 100 metres", "All, disembark!"...

"All, hold fire, move to, T72, 100 metres"

Oh those heady days, games were so much fun for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Smooth in what regard?, just taking all of Disco_P points:
Movement on uneven terrain: as above
Reloading: fine for the most part, unless its a random smg or shotgun that randomly decides not to reload even though the sounds all happened

I enjoy playing a few matches a week, but this game is anything but smooth. Thats why the joke 'esports ready' is constantly used.

I'd have to agree with all of those points as well.

Back
Top Bottom