PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
headphones/speakers obviously depend on budget.some people recommending 200-300 quid set when others are 50 quid.sennheiser make headphones upto £20,000 lol.

i use amp and speakers myself.cant stand headphones but are decent speakers.

Soldato
Just had a rather epic new bug when playing with Razz, Bishie and B_Negative. On joining the game, I got a CTD in the lobby. Reconnected and joined in the plane. However, my emblem above my head to mark me as a friendly was missing and the other guys said my body was still on the starting island, despite me actually looting in Mylta with everybody else!!!

To make sure they didn't kill me I got rid of my clothes! In the meantime, "phantom me" was dying in the first blue circle on the starting island!

When it came to the end game, it went to 4 alive...i.e. us four, but the game wouldn't end! B_Negative tried killing me to see if that worked but it didn't....then he tried to revive me and couldn't....then we killed the last enemy (there were actually 5 alive but it only said 4! WWCD....but freaking odd!!

t3uVUxC.jpg

Associate
Just had a rather epic new bug when playing with Razz, Bishie and B_Negative. On joining the game, I got a CTD in the lobby. Reconnected and joined in the plane. However, my emblem above my head to mark me as a friendly was missing and the other guys said my body was still on the starting island, despite me actually looting in Mylta with everybody else!!!

To make sure they didn't kill me I got rid of my clothes! In the meantime, "phantom me" was dying in the first blue circle on the starting island!

When it came to the end game, it went to 4 alive...i.e. us four, but the game wouldn't end! B_Negative tried killing me to see if that worked but it didn't....then he tried to revive me and couldn't....then we killed the last enemy (there were actually 5 alive but it only said 4! WWCD....but freaking odd!!

t3uVUxC.jpg

At least we won in the end! They seriously need to sort the game out though.

Soldato

t3uVUxC.jpg
Not new as such as we had that a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember who it was, l4rky or maybe jasy, either way exact same thing happened. CTD'd, we dropped apartments and they rejoined but in zombie mode basically.

Soldato
You cannot just say what is the best gaming headphone as there are so many different types and different types of gaming.

Do you want open or closed (there is a big difference in terms of pinpointing sounds, width, comfort and breathability)?

Do you want a microphone built in or prepared to buy seperately? Antlion mod mic or USB yeti, etc.

Do you want a headphone geared towards competitive play (hearing footsteps) or immersive gaming (surrounds you with sound and impact and bass)?

The absolute best in terms of value for money in competitive is HD 5 series sets or AKG 7 series (Q701, K702, K7XX, K712, etc).

For immersive gaming Fidelxio X2's.

For closed DT770's

Below is a very good recommendation for the money if you want a closed headset all in one.

The Hyper X cloud II is basically what 95% of gamers should be buying unless they are absolutely anal about having the best. For what it costs it's stupidly good. You would need to spend 4 times as much to get a slight upgrade for a closed headset.

I prefer open though for comfort and airflow and they are usually better for pinpointing sound due to the way air moves freely. However I am used to top end sound on headphones. I own HD700's, Q701's, HD600's, DT770's, HD 558's and a few others. I have also owned Hifiman HE400's, Fidelio X1's and a few others. I have also tested DAC/AMP's from £10 all the way up to £800.

My recommendations is always go external.

Aune T1 - for the £120 budget
Schiit Stack for the £200 budget (A vali 2 for the amp plus whatever £100 dac suits your needs).

IMO there is no point spending more than £250 of a DAC/AMP they dont do anything better just differently or slight improvements. a £250 DAC/AMP is just as good as a £800 one you would be hard pressed to know the difference only and expert with years of experience and really good hearing could make the difference worthwhile paying for.

Completely wrong. There is a handful of sennheiser headphones which are good for gaming. Namely the HD5 series (HD558, HD598, HD595, HD598, etc). However the HD700 are good for gaming to. The HD 6 series (600 and 650) aren't that good for gaming neither are the HD800's.

Most of the ones that come with a headphone built in however are pretty good. The more you spend the better the quality.
There are headphones that don't come with a headphone built in? Did someone sell you a headband? :D

Associate
One thing I CANNOT STAND about this game is all the **** players who stay far in the blue end game just to get back shots in on people only for them to die from the circle. As if getting one more kill is more important than trying to win the game.

Caporegime
One thing I CANNOT STAND about this game is all the **** players who stay far in the blue end game just to get back shots in on people only for them to die from the circle. As if getting one more kill is more important than trying to win the game.

I've done that once. It wasn't intentional. I couldn't make it into the zone, caught up in fighting. Wasn't going to let others get a free by. Not as if I went out with the gameplan of staying in the blue.

Caporegime
You forgot 599s sonny :)

covered by my use of the word 5 series.

it's just an updated version of the 598. which in itself is an updated version of the 595.

i wonder what they will call the update to the 599? because 600 is taken by the 6 series headphones.

i also believe they had 590's but they were in the same league as the 600 and 650. so it's not a 5 series headphone but a 6 series.

this is why i don't like incremental product models. they should use the same model and change generation number.

Caporegime
I already bought some senheiser gsp 300’ , as for what I wanted them for its mainly for foot steps. They good for that ?

They are about the same as what I suggested 95 percent of gamer's should be buying. Hyper clouds Version 2. However the mic on the clouds is superior.

Could have saved yourself £30 and got a better headset had you waited for advice that you asked for

Back
Top Bottom