PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
Something else I was thinking about....wouldn't it be great to have the original Operation Flashpoint voice commands in this game....

"Three, move to house, eleven o clock"

"Oh no....three, is down"

"This is four, taking command"

"Oh no, four, is down"

"All, get in UAZ, 100 metres", "All, disembark!", "All, get in UAZ, 100 metres", "All, disembark!"...

"All, hold fire, move to, T72, 100 metres"

Oh those heady days, games were so much fun for the wrong reasons.

:D:D:D

Associate
Can anyone recommend a good set of head phones? Atm i have a set of turtle beaches that i use for my xb1 and ps4 . They work but i dont think they are the best for pc gaming. My pc doesnt even recognise them as a headset , they get the speaker icon, even when inuse the optical lead.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good set of head phones? Atm i have a set of turtle beaches that i use for my xb1 and ps4 . They work but i dont think they are the best for pc gaming. My pc doesnt even recognise them as a headset , they get the speaker icon, even when inuse the optical lead.

Anything by Sennheiser, try to stay away from anything called "gaming" unless it's done by Sennheiser.

Associate
Mashing to loot is a terrible idea, no wonder it feels unresponsive. Tab and dragging is more efficient, even tabbing and right clicking is more efficient than mashing F.

Even ~300 hours in I need to revise how I loot, I go with mashing F (whilst trying to aim for the right item) - find it quicker than tabbing which probably just means I need to get quicker at tab/drag

Associate
Even ~300 hours in I need to revise how I loot, I go with mashing F (whilst trying to aim for the right item) - find it quicker than tabbing which probably just means I need to get quicker at tab/drag

I doubt i have even 2 hours in the game and i know tab+right click is the best way to go. Although i have tab mapped to #10 on my mouse, it works best if you know what you want and click from the bottom upwards.

Unless your looting a player and need to scroll through.

Caporegime
You cannot just say what is the best gaming headphone as there are so many different types and different types of gaming.

Do you want open or closed (there is a big difference in terms of pinpointing sounds, width, comfort and breathability)?

Do you want a microphone built in or prepared to buy seperately? Antlion mod mic or USB yeti, etc.

Do you want a headphone geared towards competitive play (hearing footsteps) or immersive gaming (surrounds you with sound and impact and bass)?

The absolute best in terms of value for money in competitive is HD 5 series sets or AKG 7 series (Q701, K702, K7XX, K712, etc).

For immersive gaming Fidelxio X2's.

For closed DT770's

Below is a very good recommendation for the money if you want a closed headset all in one.

HyperX Cloud II. Can be had for £50 at times.

The Hyper X cloud II is basically what 95% of gamers should be buying unless they are absolutely anal about having the best. For what it costs it's stupidly good. You would need to spend 4 times as much to get a slight upgrade for a closed headset.

I prefer open though for comfort and airflow and they are usually better for pinpointing sound due to the way air moves freely. However I am used to top end sound on headphones. I own HD700's, Q701's, HD600's, DT770's, HD 558's and a few others. I have also owned Hifiman HE400's, Fidelio X1's and a few others. I have also tested DAC/AMP's from £10 all the way up to £800.

My recommendations is always go external.

Aune T1 - for the £120 budget
Schiit Stack for the £200 budget (A vali 2 for the amp plus whatever £100 dac suits your needs).

IMO there is no point spending more than £250 of a DAC/AMP they dont do anything better just differently or slight improvements. a £250 DAC/AMP is just as good as a £800 one you would be hard pressed to know the difference only and expert with years of experience and really good hearing could make the difference worthwhile paying for.

Anything by Sennheiser, try to stay away from anything called "gaming" unless it's done by Sennheiser.

Completely wrong. There is a handful of sennheiser headphones which are good for gaming. Namely the HD5 series (HD558, HD598, HD595, HD598, etc). However the HD700 are good for gaming to. The HD 6 series (600 and 650) aren't that good for gaming neither are the HD800's.

Most of the ones that come with a headphone built in however are pretty good. The more you spend the better the quality.

Soldato
Mashing to loot is a terrible idea, no wonder it feels unresponsive. Tab and dragging is more efficient, even tabbing and right clicking is more efficient than mashing F.
And even this is prone to problems.
Basically if you do anything too fast in this game it's gonna give you grief.
The netcode just can't figure it all out accurately enough and at this point I don't think blueballs care enough to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom