Good lease deals on less than great cars

Soldato
I’m currently in a 1 Series for 2 months after my Golf R went back on Tuesday and my new car arrives mid December. Worst case scenario is I lose a couple of hundred £’s on the 1 Series.

This happened because my new lease was delayed and I changed my mind on the car so ordered something else.

Soldato
An example of Arnold Clark deal against internet lease company.

My in laws (in their 70's) looking to get a new car. They liked the Mokka (something a little higher up seating wise etc)

Went to drive at Arnold Clark - salesmans best offer after various backwards and forwards

Their car (£2500 trade in) plus £600 deposit plus monthly rentals of £209 a month (on a PCP but they would be handing it back after 4 years anyway) - total cost - £13,132 over 4 years.

Internet lease deal - 6 + 47 months - £193 a month (model higher spec and choice of metallic for free, plus no broker fee) - £10,229 - Also they have their own car to sell which WBAC would pay them £2200 so effectively the deal is down to £8029 over 4 years. (also includes road tax which the garage deal didn't)

Not saying it a great lease deal on a mid range car but it shows how bad garages are. Also the salesman phoned them 5 times in 24 hours to harass them into making a deal. Friday night at 7.30pm then saturday at 10am, 12noon, 2pm and 4pm. Shocking stuff.

Soldato
I’m currently in a 1 Series for 2 months after my Golf R went back on Tuesday and my new car arrives mid December. Worst case scenario is I lose a couple of hundred £’s on the 1 Series.

This happened because my new lease was delayed and I changed my mind on the car so ordered something else.

Have you bought it? Don't know if i could be bothered :p

Associate
so currently i'm on a 24 month lease which is up in march. I'm getting married in may and so stashing cash for that. I had originally planned on a Lotus Elise towards the end on next year, the with the power of advertising, Abarth made me stop and have a look at a deal they are offering....

124spider special (the lower spec (still has the monza exhaust tho)) 24+6 at 199 a month.... I have booked a test drive for friday afternoon... is that a keen price? it's not that much more than my current lease, (150/m 24+3) for a red edition fiesta.

pro's, con's?

Man of Honour
An example of Arnold Clark deal against internet lease company.

My in laws (in their 70's) looking to get a new car. They liked the Mokka (something a little higher up seating wise etc)

Went to drive at Arnold Clark - salesmans best offer after various backwards and forwards

Their car (£2500 trade in) plus £600 deposit plus monthly rentals of £209 a month (on a PCP but they would be handing it back after 4 years anyway) - total cost - £13,132 over 4 years.

Internet lease deal - 6 + 47 months - £193 a month (model higher spec and choice of metallic for free, plus no broker fee) - £10,229 - Also they have their own car to sell which WBAC would pay them £2200 so effectively the deal is down to £8029 over 4 years. (also includes road tax which the garage deal didn't)

Not saying it a great lease deal on a mid range car but it shows how bad garages are. Also the salesman phoned them 5 times in 24 hours to harass them into making a deal. Friday night at 7.30pm then saturday at 10am, 12noon, 2pm and 4pm. Shocking stuff.

Did they go with the lease in the end? Hopefully they did. That's a massive saving.

Soldato
so currently i'm on a 24 month lease which is up in march. I'm getting married in may and so stashing cash for that. I had originally planned on a Lotus Elise towards the end on next year, the with the power of advertising, Abarth made me stop and have a look at a deal they are offering....

124spider special (the lower spec (still has the monza exhaust tho)) 24+6 at 199 a month.... I have booked a test drive for friday afternoon... is that a keen price? it's not that much more than my current lease, (150/m 24+3) for a red edition fiesta.

pro's, con's?

The MX-5 is a better package tbh. Cheaper and handles better. Mazda's engine is probably more reliable too.

Last edited:
Soldato

pro's, con's?

How tall are you? I found the 124 very cramped compared to the MX5.

Associate

pro's, con's?

Is the 124 Spider offer even available now? I think they all went in a few days...

Associate
I'm 5'9 and very average in build. so If they haven't designed the car to fit me...they will be in trouble! the version is called scorpione, so none of the crazy colours, more simple colour pallet (black, black, on black, with highlights in black) still has the ASBO exhaust.

The other plan is to wait until the end of next year / mid 2019 and buy the lotus elise i have wanted for many years.....that however, is another amount of money again.

Back
Top Bottom