*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
I also have Persona 5 to play soon. I recommend Ratchet and Clank, best experience I've had on the PS4 so far, no joke. Good luck with Bloodborne, great game but not for the faint of heart or for folks who don't have the spare time to really learn the game. I gave up for the latter reason, can't get solid chunks of time to just sit down and finish the game.

Been using my PS4 a lot more the past couple weeks, since my PC is gutted (currently motherboardless). Given me the chance to try and complete Uncharted 4 and I found Persona 5 at a decent price finally.

Troubling thing is that my Magma Red controller seems to be on it's way out and controller prices right now are pfft. I'll wait till Black Friday to order one.

I tried to order the Collector's Edition of MH:World on the one place it seems to be available (Game.co.uk :c). But it appears to fail with a basket empty message. I remember getting this trying to pre-order a Switch game a while back, but after a certain day it worked. Not sure what's going on, anyone else had similar issues trying to order games?

Soldato
Seems the games I listed are still quite expensive for hard copies.

Gahhh I knew I should have filled my boots when PSN did the best of Japan and the only on PlayStation Sales :(

The sale on atm is a bit pants.

Associate
Just finished Until Dawn. Brilliant!!!

Trying to catch up on the back catalogue of games I have missed since playing fifa17 for the most of last year and have managed to fight the urge to buy Fifa18

A few titles I fancy.

Persona 5. This is the game I want to play the most but a little afraid too as I might end up in a couple of 100 hour play through's :p
Nier: Automata
Ratchet & Clank
Bloodborne
The Last Guardian
Nioh
Gravity Rush 1 & 2. I enjoyed 1 when I had a vita but sold it before I could really get into it.
The Order 1886.
Beyond: Two Souls. I really enjoyed heavy rain.

Any recommendations on what to try first?

Just give in and play Persona 5. You can probably get through 2 playthroughs in 160 hours ;). It's a phenomenal game

Nier Automata was a real surprise hit for me - it's a 3rd person action rpg top down side scrolling twin stick shooter (not all at once :D), with a highly engrossing storyline and branching playthroughs

If you liked Heavy Rain, you will like Beyond - it's constantly hitting sales on PSN, wait for the next time it's cheap

Soldato
Had a PS4 Pro about 4 weeks now and all my games are digital. Bought WW2 and its saying the disc is damaged, i grabbed an old game again said disc is damaged is my disc drive broken on the PS4 pro or is there something thats missing?

Soldato
spoke too soon, back to not reading discs again.. really dont want to have to send it back. Will do a big factory restore later if that doesnt work its going.

Very have directed me to Sony to replace how good are they :(

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I realise this will have been answered already but I'm getting a 4k TV soon. What can impact of my gen1 ps4? Will I need a pro?

Caporegime
No PS4 Pro "Black Friday" deals. Not one.

And for that reason, Sony, I'm out.

It's been over a year since release so I think they're being a bit mean not have any discounts on the system at all. Will see if any movement at Christmas, then. Not paying release price for a 1 year old system.

Caporegime
Where's that coming from?
If you're responding to me, Sony have already listed all their Black Friday deals, and the PS4 Pro is not getting any kind of discount. Not even a bundle.

As per last year, the PS4 non-pro is getting some discounts and bundles. Also PSVR.

No retailer has listed any PS4 Pro deals this BF either. Lots of disappointment on the 'net. Lots! Loads of us would buy a PS4 Pro tomorrow if they'd discount it below £300 with a game or two. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Anything above £300 is just too much for a games console.

Soldato
If you're responding to me, Sony have already listed all their Black Friday deals, and the PS4 Pro is not getting any kind of discount. Not even a bundle.

As per last year, the PS4 non-pro is getting some discounts and bundles. Also PSVR.

No retailer has listed any PS4 Pro deals this BF either. Lots of disappointment on the 'net. Lots! Loads of us would buy a PS4 Pro tomorrow if they'd discount it below £300 with a game or two. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Anything above £300 is just too much for a games console.

Bit early to be assuming that, isn't it? it's still a week and a half away and if previous years are anything to go by, the good deals only get announced at the last minute.

Back
Top Bottom