*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Most premature complaint I've seen here. Paid 800 for my Ks7000.
Edge lit displays are less than ideal for HDR content, you ideally need an LCD TV with FALD, or go OLED.

Which is my current gripe with 4k TVs now, theres always some compromise you have to make if you don't want to spend loads, 8bit panels, pseudo local dimming and RGBW...

Soldato
Edge lit displays are less than ideal for HDR content, you ideally need an LCD TV with FALD, or go OLED.

Which is my current gripe with 4k TVs now, theres always some compromise you have to make if you don't want to spend loads, 8bit panels, pseudo local dimming and RGBW...

I have OLED now but there was absolutely nothing wrong with that TV. One would argue that if display quality is such an issue then stay away from consoles in the first place.

Associate
No PS4 Pro "Black Friday" deals. Not one.

And for that reason, Sony, I'm out.

It's been over a year since release so I think they're being a bit mean not have any discounts on the system at all. Will see if any movement at Christmas, then. Not paying release price for a 1 year old system.

As said previously, a lot of places are starting their sales early.

Game, last week, had the PS4 Pro, Horizon ZD + the expansion, Gran Turismo and the latest Uncharted + expansion for £350. Effectively buy a Pro and get the games free. Awesome deal tbh.

Caporegime
As said previously, a lot of places are starting their sales early.

Game, last week, had the PS4 Pro, Horizon ZD + the expansion, Gran Turismo and the latest Uncharted + expansion for £350. Effectively buy a Pro and get the games free. Awesome deal tbh.
Not really. Other places have sold PS4 Pro + HZD for £290 in recent months.

At £350 you aren't getting the games "free". You're paying normal price for them, frankly. I guess your idea of an "awesome deal" is different to mine.

Associate
Not really. Other places have sold PS4 Pro + HZD for £290 in recent months.

At £350 you aren't getting the games "free". You're paying normal price for them, frankly. I guess your idea of an "awesome deal" is different to mine.

£40 per game (3x40=120) + expansions (2x10=20). £140 quid worth of games on a console which RRPs at £350. My maths says that £210 for the console (If you'd have been buying these games) which is a good deal.

You want them to give it away. They don't make money that way :D

Caporegime
RRP isn't the only figure you're allowed to use. You could instead look at the real-world price and price history.

Like I said, Currys sold a PS4 Pro + HZD for £286, recently. And you can get those games for less than £40 each in the real world.

Who insists on paying RRP (or above) on everything they buy? Anyone? Nope didn't think so.

Soldato
Fighting EX Layer Coming to PS4, Beta Begins December 11

bgWMEbN.jpg

Akira Nishitani from Arika announced the name of the "Mysterious Fighting Game" the developer has been working on is called Fighting EX Layer.

As soon as the PlayStation Experience ends on December 11 a two week beta will begin. Six characters will be playable: Kairi, Garuda, Skullomania, Darun Mister, Allen Snider, and Shirase.

Here is an overview of the game:

About the Gougi system that everyone is curious about: it’s grown into a very deep and exciting addition to the game. When the idea first came about, I brainstormed various Gougi, which combinations would work well, and what the matches would be like. Trying to imagine all of the possibilities, I got a feeling that “This game is going to be interesting!”

But after experimenting with my Gougi ideas, I often ended up saying “This is not what I imagined.” But that’s where the fun lies! Coming up with new ideas and experimenting in game was awesome. I believe not many games allow you to so easily brainstorm ideas and then test them out in-game; please try it!

There a few things I wanted to accomplish with the Gougi system:

“I want to change the flow of matches.”

For example, in most other fighting games, aside from times where you think, “I can win in one more combo,” “I can win if I chip him out,” and “I’m in the corner,” your battle strategy doesn’t really change that much, right? I wanted to change this on a system level and make a game where matches get crazier and more exciting as they go on.

“I want players to have different ways to play depending on their Gougi.”

This goes without saying! I’m sure there will be some Gougi that work well with other Gougi, and some that suit certain characters better than others.

“I want to continue adding Gougi and change the game environment.”

This is still just an idea, but I’d like to add new Gougi at certain fixed intervals, which would in turn create the feeling of a new game. Even by adding just a single Gougi, I think you would be surprised by how much the characters can change. Although as a developer, I’m quite worried about whether or not something crazy will occur!

Frankly speaking, the Gougi system is extreme! Please enjoy it, and go into battle thinking “What kind of crazy thing can I do to my opponent this time?”

Fighting EX Layer will launch worldwide for the PlayStation 4 in 2018.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom