How far is your commute to work?

Associate
Sub 5 mins walk to Overground station, then 30 mins Overground + Underground. If I went in during rush hour it'd probably be an extra 15 mins or so.

Soldato
5.5 miles. Takes about 12-15 minutes in the morning and anything from 15 to 35 minutes in the evening. I have tweaked my hours so I get to work at about 07:15 and leave at 16:15, which helps greatly with the amount of traffic.

When we look at buying a house in the future it'll probably increase my commute to about 25-35 miles, at which point I'll probably try and work at home a couple of days per week.

Soldato
Normal commute is 6 miles each way. Starting to spend more and more time in the satellite offices in Bristol and Scotland though. Nice to work in different locations but productivity is more challenging.

Transmission breaker
Don
When I was travelling a lot for work, I craved the office, and when stuck in the office, I craved travel.
The reality of it is, that a bit of each, with a large amount of working from home has become the best solution for me.

The grass is always greener. So, having three types of grass to look at makes it easy to keep happy :D

Soldato
My old job was a 50 mile round trip, that was a pain.

Current job is 1.4 miles each way so I walk to & from work, much better!

Back
Top Bottom