*****BLACK FRIDAY 2017**** Deal thread

Soldato
I'm waiting to see what deals there are on the Apple Watch, I nearly bought one yesterday and thought I'd wait and see what deals The Apple Store and John Lewis are doing.

Post if you find a deal, I'm on the look out for an S3 GPS only, can't see Apple running offers nor JL although they do have a £60 off voucher if you buy the earpods at the same time!

Associate
Post if you find a deal, I'm on the look out for an S3 GPS only, can't see Apple running offers nor JL although they do have a £60 off voucher if you buy the earpods at the same time!
Will do, I'm looking to get the 42mm due to the loop/band size. I'd like one with the sport loop which frustratingly isn't available on the GPS only models. I've looked at the cost of buying the loop separately and it's actually cheaper to get the GPS+Cellular with sports loop as a bundle - crazy, but I guess that's the Apple marketing strategy. And equally it isn't expected that Vodafone will be working with the Apple cellular anytime soon (from a brief bit of research it's EE only). I'll just link it with my phone to make and receive calls & texts.

Caporegime
Deals are starting appear (Now 17/11/17) for the LG OLED55E7N for about £1499 after a £1000 discount from sellers and LG.

Yup, confirmed to sell so far are Hughes/Fenwicks/Selfridges (all in-store) and I think Compton & Moore. All with the 5yr LG warranty too. I'm *this* close to getting one (and will prob try it as a PC Monitor first and keep my projector setup in the living room).

Soldato
Mine should arrive today, hoping it'll impress me more than the Yamaha YSP-1600 did.

I'd give it at least an hour or two of mixed music - or the radio - before really trying it out. It's now giving some great detail and punchy bass, as well as separation of the channels. Re-watched an episode of the Grand Tour and the NSX zinged along it from left to right. :)

Caporegime
The price for the E7 OLED is a steal and is kind of giving me buyers remorse on paying £1700 for the B7 3 months back, I knew black friday deals would be around £1400 for the B7 but having the E7 model with the soundbar built in for that cost is immense.

Man of Honour
I was about to buy the LG E7 today but after seeing the Panasonic TX55EZ952B side by side I was blown away and bought that instead

The LG is simply stunning but next to the Panasonic there are a few differences that just meant the Panasonic was the one for me

Caporegime
JL turned me down for the £1500 e7 price match but have accepted the £1600 PM so unless the b/c7 drops to £1400, I'll probably just pay the extra for the e7.... Good thing about that is it should help with resale value down the line so once freesync or/and 120hz OLED arrives, I could perhaps sell the e7 on for a bit more or at the very least, the same amount.

I just have a feeling there will be even bigger price drops come January sales though......

Man of Honour
That good? Was it a similar deal? Only thing putting me off an E7 is the fact it's a glossy panel, I hate them for desktop stuff :(

Yeah it was really impressive, the smoothness of the picture was noticeable as well. On the Planet Earth demo they had, some of the panning shots had a very slight juddering, ever so slight, on the LG (I'm talking so minor that you'd not notice it unless you had a side by side comparison and were told to look out for it). The Panasonic was silky smooth

The only thing I would say is HDR seemed to be ever so slightly more punchy on the LG, but other than that I preferred the Panasonic in every other area.

Back
Top Bottom