The Apprentice 13 - Weds 4th Oct 2017 - 9pm BBC1

Soldato
Every year there is at least one person that stands out as competent. Not this year however :/

Could anyone imagine having to work alongside Joanna Jarjue? What a stroppy cow every week.

Associate
Every year there is at least one person that stands out as competent. Not this year however :/

The only one who stood out to me yesterday was Sarah, when they were doing the pitch. She didn't seem phased by it at all and spoke in a calm and professional manner. Admittedly, not winning example, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her make it to the final.

Soldato
It's always seemed a bit contrived but the whole thing just smacks of BS now. It's made purely for entertainment in the same vain as X Factor.
From the candidates to the situations they find themselves in, and anyone who thinks episodes like Bruges or the football entertainment consists of genuine, unsuspecting and paying public needs their head tested.

It is therefore with great regret, Apprentice - you're fired.

Last edited:
Soldato
we never found out how much he is payed - and by omission sounds as though he would chop Apprentice here
Lord Sugar went on to say how things would be different were he to take over the BBC, claiming his first order of business would be “kicking out” half of the “suits” behind the scenes.
He said: “[I would] keep the workers and shut down a lot of internal bureaucracy.
“It would save hundreds of millions of pounds, and I’d take that money and throw it into the ‘Bake Off’ and ‘The Voice’, compete in the market place and pay presenters what they’re supposed to be paid.
“Then the BBC could come back and be the great broadcaster that it once was.”

Intriguingly, his comments come right before the launch of the new series of ‘The Apprentice’... on the BBC.

edit:
26695418759_0bb8744333_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's like nobody has ever seen a car advert in their life.

I mean the Miami ad was at least serviceable so at least they won, with a tweak to the tube ad as well it could be made into a sale ad instead of being a car rental ad.

Soldato
It's like no one has ever watched a car advert with the ideas they came up with.

I'm surprised by the ending with only 1 firing, it's just setting it up for a huge firing at some point before the interviews.

Caporegime
I don't understand how they can be so thick, stupid, mentally challenged?
It must be edited to make them look like it?
They can't be this dumb IRL?

I think it's just a bunch of idiots who lie about their CV's to get on for 5mins of fame now. If you had a successful business or job, the type they all brag about I don't see why you'd want to go on Apprentice in the first place. It's better to save up the £250k yourself and have full control of your business, or find an investor who doesn't want to exploit/embarrass you on national TV without any guarantee of investment.

Soldato
I don't understand how they can be so thick, stupid, mentally challenged?
It must be edited to make them look like it?
They can't be this dumb IRL?
It's a combination of factors. When when selecting candidates clearly the producers first priority is to make sure the diversity box is ticked after which they review the applications which have a lot of open ended questions which the producers an insight to see who are the bright, dumb, funny, daft ones and eccentric ones so the show had a variety of personalities. After a short list has been created their then interviewed where with help from psychologists it can be determined which ones will causes the conflict and strife (i.e. the personality clashes you see every week have been engineered on purpose).

Also I noticed during the show some of the behavior of the candidates just doesn't make sense. In one of the earlier tasks they had to run a box at Wembley stadium, one team had to go and talk to the client and negotiate a price. Just before going to see the client the one group was talking to their team leader for directions and wanted clarifications which is what you would expect going into these types of talks but then the team leader clearly rushed to end the call as if they were on limited credit or something leaving the sub team leader helpless which just didn't make any sense.

Also you have to remember some of the candidates are forced into doing jobs that they would normally do in their day to day jobs/business. I've noticed a lot of the candidates seem to struggle with numbers and working out profit margins which to me seems easy, however I then watch the same person selling something to complete stranger and I think 'now that's something I would struggle with'. Add in pressure, working with strangers, limited internet access etc and some cleaver editing it's that hard to see why a lot of them look dumb at times.

Soldato
I'm always amazed by some of the prices of things I'd consider garbage on this show. Like the last episode i watched they bought a stack of dusty old suit cases for £600! Wtf is that all about? I'm pretty sure I have some just like it in the loft, what makes the ones in that shop worth £600? There were other items they bought that to me were just junk and yet they cost thousands and were classed as "good quality items".

Soldato
I'm always amazed by some of the prices of things I'd consider garbage on this show. Like the last episode i watched they bought a stack of dusty old suit cases for £600! Wtf is that all about? I'm pretty sure I have some just like it in the loft, what makes the ones in that shop worth £600? There were other items they bought that to me were just junk and yet they cost thousands and were classed as "good quality items".
You should look up the Harry Enfield sketch call 'I Saw You Coming', it might explain a few a things.

Back
Top Bottom