**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
I have never bought a white phone before but I am sorta regretting not getting the panda edition of this phone now.

My concern with the white one is that it will show stains and marks easier than the black one. My white OnePlus One and Nexus 5X were both terrible for this, but they did have plastic backs not metal.

Gonna get my panda XL in a couple of weeks so we shall see...

Associate
The mobiles.co.uk deals are tempting. Will be ringing EE for PAC code in the hope they may match it. If not will have to jump ship to O2 or try and get a good Sim only deal and buy the phone.

Played with XL2 and the blue tint is noticeable but only at odd angles. Common apps are white like gmail and chrome so hopefully not an issue with using phone at normal angles day in day out.

Soldato
The mobiles.co.uk deals are tempting. Will be ringing EE for PAC code in the hope they may match it. If not will have to jump ship to O2 or try and get a good Sim only deal and buy the phone.

Played with XL2 and the blue tint is noticeable but only at odd angles. Common apps are white like gmail and chrome so hopefully not an issue with using phone at normal angles day in day out.

The blue shift isn't there at all during normal, everyday use.

I have never bought a white phone before but I am sorta regretting not getting the panda edition of this phone now.
i did too, however with the black in my hand, i find this is the nicest black phone i've ever owned. much nicer than the black from the PXL1 which now looks purple black in comparison.

with a case on, which unfortunately these phones now require, i am sure the black will be a better choice

Associate
thanks but i want to see a real in life photo from a user

One of the lads at work has a dual-layer one on his P2, I'll try and grab a photo tomorrow... it pulls in a bit of fluff around the case edge, but no more so than my Ringke Fusion. Saying that though, it's not yet been in the pocket of a shirt in which I left a paper hanky during the wash, so I can't say it's fully snowing yet.

Soldato

Try EE direct online and factor in a 20% discount. That is what I did. Again happy to share my code

Associate
Ordered a 64Gb Pixel 2 from CPW earlier which should be delivered tomorrow. Also ordered a Spigen Rugged Armor case from the rainforest. Should be a nice upgrade from a Galaxy S6 :)

Associate
Go into settings, right down the bottom you should see 'support' - you can call/chat from there. :)

Well I'm pleased to say that I won't be needing to do that, as I've managed to get it to appear in the menu!

Not 100% which step did the actual fix, but I cleared the Google App cache & data, restarted the phone, then carried out an update of all apps that had a pending update. For belt and braces I cleared the cache & data again on the Google App, carried out another restart and after which the "At a Glance" option is now listed and "Preferences" appears if I press on the widget on the Home Screen.

:)

Soldato
The signal is ok, if you want 2g with some 3g and a sprinkling of 4g yes! Just had a look at the coverage checker and 4g is still shocking here!

Had DPD text but no update on EE site..
Oooooo
Mine has shipped and will be arriving tomorrow from Mobiles.co.uk via DPD.

I may have mentioned previously but fortunately (in terms of my Pixel deal anyway) O2 and Vodafone are the only two providers worth a damn in Northern Ireland, EE and 3 may as well not exist. The good thing is both O2 and Vodafone are excellent here, never had any 4g issues on either network.

Soldato
I'm really happy with the camera on the XL 2. I wish it had manual controls though.

I'm finding white balance to be off quite consistently inside (it's find outside). There are a few settings to change it, but they're not precise enough

As a point and shoot however, it's incredible

Associate
I'm really happy with the camera on the XL 2. I wish it had manual controls though.

I'm finding white balance to be off quite consistently inside (it's find outside). There are a few settings to change it, but they're not precise enough

As a point and shoot however, it's incredible

Hearing comments like this draw me closer to the Pixel over any other offering at the moment. My last few phones have had woeful cameras (Nexus 5, LG G4) in terms of nailing focus and snapping moments. The things I will look most back on will be images and videos taken with the device over the next few years. I could save some money and get the OP5T but then will curse the moment it misses a group shot or my little one doing something funny. I hate it when get sent awful blurred noise ridden images from others of days out. I won't always have my RX100 with me or a Fuji setup so hoping to just bite the bullet this week and be done with it!

The XL2 screen issues are still at the back of my mind so still a toss up between that or the smaller one.

Back
Top Bottom