What watch do you wear?

Associate
My £100 Citizen eco drive broke. Looking for a new watch. It got scratches then the bracelet broke. So I want to spend more this time.

Thinking of maybe a Seiko Samurai. The PADI version. Hardlex

Or should I spend more on a Hamilton Khaki Navy or the Longines Hydroconquest. They have Sapphire crystal.

Associate
My £100 Citizen eco drive broke. Looking for a new watch. It got scratches then the bracelet broke. So I want to spend more this time.

Thinking of maybe a Seiko Samurai. The PADI version. Hardlex

Or should I spend more on a Hamilton Khaki Navy or the Longines Hydroconquest. They have Sapphire crystal.

I have the Longines Hydroconquest Automatic, absolutely love it, got it 2 weeks ago and still cant stop looking at it, and its not a brand everyone knows which makes it even more special in my opinion.

Associate
I'm going to be looking for a dress watch in the next few weeks. I've pretty much decided I would like a Seiko Cocktail Time as I saw one a year or so and fell in love with it. However, I don't know which version I should get; the original SARB065 or the new SRPB43J1. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

Soldato
I'm going to be looking for a dress watch in the next few weeks. I've pretty much decided I would like a Seiko Cocktail Time as I saw one a year or so and fell in love with it. However, I don't know which version I should get; the original SARB065 or the new SRPB43J1. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

You need to choose which you prefer! This article looks at them both: https://gaijindom.com/2017/08/07/it...arb065-vs-the-new-presage-cocktail-time-line/

I'd always prefer to go old school, personally. But pay for a good one - it's always worth getting a better condition vintage piece vs. a doer-upper, unless you can do much of the work yourself.

Soldato

My brother in law just bought me the SRPB43 from John Lewis. I've been hankering after the cocktail time for while now. Was looking for a smart dress watch for daily wear at work and it fit the bill nicely. Never managed to get the original after missing out on quite a few auctions. I would I have loved the original but for £230 from a UK reseller with 2 year warranty it seemed like a no brainer and not having to worry about import charges/fakes on eBay/warranty/repairs for JDM watch etc. The quality is excellent and I'm hugely impressed for the price. The face is gorgeous when it catches the sun right. It has a beautiful timeless design to it in my opinion. Only downside is the glossy shiny strap which isn't to my taste. Will try and post some pics at some point. I think that if you're not bothered by the fact the newer version has a slightly lesser movement or the fact it's not the original them for the price the new versions are great value for money especially when on offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
After a year deciding what I wanted as an everyday ‘sport’ watch today I pressed the buy button, ordering a used Hublot Big Bang [301.CX.130.RX]. It comes with a 44m black ceramic case and a textured rubber strap : http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Hublot/Big Bang/301.CX.130.RX/7586/item/85367

37944261944_e28d11249e_c.jpg

38605691956_1906f53f0b_c.jpg

38661943441_8a89816bfc_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom