Winter 2017/2018 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Snowing here north Fylde, unusual as we're only 400m from the sea.

Soldato
Listening to news and it said Britain covered in a blanket of snow - Great stuff - look out and it was more a thin cotton sheet of snow - could still see roof tiles - snow on grass but not path - no snow on roads by us anyway and everyone getting stuck on 5mm snow on roads elsewhere - I think this will be a no winter again.

Soldato
Brace yourselves in the Southampton area, Wunderground predicts "wintery mix" showers around 1430. :eek:

I think today, after owning them over 11 months, might be the day to fit my 252 stud Gravdal tyres on the bike.;)

Soldato
Not all that much wind yesterday - we were heading back from Edinburgh and were advised to travel home early as train lines etc. were being closed up to Aberdeen. Got home without all that much of a hitch other than slightly delayed trains. Did wake up to a good 3 inches of snow this morning though!

Soldato
Crazy snow in Telford currently...

10nepmp.jpg

Soldato
@Clov!s what's in the woods? Love that view

Our house backs onto woods between us and a branch line (approx. 40m away), its ace looking out the kitchen window straight into woodland.

Nothing but miles and miles of woodland :p We were very lucky with the house we have, further on down it's too thick to even leave your garden, at least with us we can go out the back gate and be in the woods, that picture also shows no main path, we don't get anyone walking through apart from our direct neighbours, you have to go quite far into the woods to hit the main path through it. :)

Man of Honour
Nothing here (South Somerset) except for brief sleety showers and some intermittent hail.

Someone I know just went to play golf somewhere in Wales and went from the town where there wasn't even a hint of snow to complete white out and massive amounts building up on the ground, etc. on the course which was barely a mile from the town.

Soldato
Brace yourselves in the Southampton area, Wunderground predicts "wintery mix" showers around 1430. :eek:

I think today, after owning them over 11 months, might be the day to fit my 252 stud Gravdal tyres on the bike.;)

Braced myself, went to Asda raided the shelves for a snow in....waited and waited, got rain but loads of sun lol. We'll never get a decent fall down here unless the country gets hammered with a huge snow front lasting days like a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom