• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Soldato
I'm not sure we will see Volta consumer gaming cards or an architecture based on Volta. As I said before it was likely we might see a Volta Titan around the end of the year but the hints I've had are that Volta isn't really intended for GeForce.
I think some are in denial of this due to high costs. You can filter down to Geforce > Titan V now on the driver downloads section :p and there's a Geforce driver available for it. Of course that doesn't mean everything but I suspect it'll be as much a gaming GPU as it is intended to be used for other purposes. I kind of think it's being marketed differently due to the very high tag price

Soldato
What actually makes this a Volta card? Could the v not be a ‘5’?

Are people guessing based on the node size?
Someone educate me please.

Man of Honour
What actually makes this a Volta card? Could the v not be a ‘5’?

Are people guessing based on the node size?
Someone educate me please.

"NVIDIA TITAN V is the most powerful graphics card ever created for the PC, driven by the world’s most advanced architecture—NVIDIA Volta." - nVidia's own words.

Soldato
Soldato
Permabanned
Wouldn't it make more sense to bench at 4k?

What is the result in the 8K optimised with GTX 1080 Ti, where the Titan V scores 5222?

Hardly worth the price over 1080Ti

£700 vs £2700 come ON Now!! Performance for the price needs to be much better am talking Double and then some.

This thingie if overclocked to 2.3-2.4 GHz will be a monster beast that will be a sufficient graphics card for the next 10 years :D

Edit: GTX 1080 Ti scores ~4300
Titan V scores ~5225

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom