Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
Donuts don't kill EJs, people do...

:D :D

haha :D I agree tbh. I know the EJ is a good lump but I bet many get absolutely hammered most of the time and they're the ones that end up blowing up on video.

Saw an interesting Impreza this evening... 02 plated bug STi with blobeye rear end and black bootlid (didn't look carbon fibre). It even had widetrack arch extensions! It was dark so I couldn't see the brakes but I was convinced it was a tarted up WRX. Askmid shows it as being an STi. Sounded good though!

Last edited:
Soldato
so I kinda want a scooby.. probably up to 8k

could you guys shed some light and tell me what to avoid? assuming the 2.5 is the one to avoid and go for 2.0 ? what else is there to look out for? rust? any other major engine issues?

so many of them are heavily modded which makes it hard to find a standard, not abused one..

Soldato
What are your thoughts on the mid 2000s legacy in 3l guise? Is it reliable? Are they all 4wd? I have a 2003 330ci at the mo which has many, many niggles (some of which are large niggles) and I was looking for something with around the same power but less niggles whilst being a "bit different" from a Focus. Also I just want a change. Is a legacy a downgrade?

Soldato
What are your thoughts on the mid 2000s legacy in 3l guise? Is it reliable? Are they all 4wd? I have a 2003 330ci at the mo which has many, many niggles (some of which are large niggles) and I was looking for something with around the same power but less niggles whilst being a "bit different" from a Focus. Also I just want a change. Is a legacy a downgrade?

Yep they are reliable, all are AWD, all Subarus are. Lovely lovely cars, smooth flat 6 engines, great handling and comfy. You get a bit of everything, downside is tax can be high and drinks a bit of juice, but no more than any other 3.0. would certainly have one over a 330.

Soldato
I know an EJ205 doesn't need an aftermarket BOV, but I do find the noise and character it imbues the car with quite appealing. Anyone got any decent recommendations? I think a 50/50 or variable one would suit me best. Just keen to try it, at least. I do have a really nice variable (both for noise and recirc/external) GFB one but I don't have the right base plate for it.

Soldato

I'd take a mid 2000s Subaru, or an earlier one over a BMW from the same era lol. I know which one will have less problems!

Back
Top Bottom