Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
OP
What mods have you made so far?

Not as many as I should have by now!

I know an EJ205 doesn't need an aftermarket BOV, but I do find the noise and character it imbues the car with quite appealing. Anyone got any decent recommendations? I think a 50/50 or variable one would suit me best. Just keen to try it, at least. I do have a really nice variable (both for noise and recirc/external) GFB one but I don't have the right base plate for it.

Soldato
My TD04 has unknown mileage then 12 months of no BOB hooliganism and still puts down 300bhp (When 4 cylinders have compression that is)

Is it better without a BOV? I hear mixed reports. I guess I could just make up a blanking plate and try it, but I'd like to not (otherwise) deviate too much from the stock behaviour (e.g. fuelling, warning lights, etc).

Man of Honour
Is it better without a BOV? I hear mixed reports. I guess I could just make up a blanking plate and try it, but I'd like to not (otherwise) deviate too much from the stock behaviour (e.g. fuelling, warning lights, etc).

Never ran with one (It's not fitted to a Subaru) but all of theory says yes as you retain some pressurised air post turbo on shifts etc.

It doesn't throw any CELs or cause any fuelling issues like an atmospheric though.

Soldato
So, I've got a P0327... knock sensor circuit malfunction (low input). Car feels like it's lost 100bhp, haha.

I've literally just come in from reading the codes so haven't started troubleshooting yet. Does anyone know where the knock sensor connector is? Is it near the boost solenoid?

Saying that, I've got a historic fault code (from last week I presume) of P0244 for the boost solenoid. I guess this is what happens you leave cars sitting around outside for months on end! :(

Soldato
Thought as much Mike, maybe someone swapped an EJ257 in there while I wasn't looking :(

Stand on a stool and shout at it. If you dont use the stool it will just laugh at you with you being a midget.

Rather be a midget than be from Yorkshire! :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So, I've got a P0327... knock sensor circuit malfunction (low input). Car feels like it's lost 100bhp, haha.

I've literally just come in from reading the codes so haven't started troubleshooting yet. Does anyone know where the knock sensor connector is? Is it near the boost solenoid?

Saying that, I've got a historic fault code (from last week I presume) of P0244 for the boost solenoid. I guess this is what happens you leave cars sitting around outside for months on end! :(

I'd imagine it pulls the IAM value down to 1 if there's a knock sensor code (Puts it into a limp ignition map and disables boost control) if there's a CEL relating to knock sensor

Back
Top Bottom