Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
Just started trying this after a friend recommended it, mainly for breakfast every day but occasionally in the evening when my OH is working and I can't be bothered to cook a meal for one. So far so good, I quite like the taste and consistency and it's a good mix if savoury/sweet.

Soldato
First test of the Whole Fuel. Trying the vanilla one today. The texture is amazing. But it's a bit too sweet :( Maybe the chocolate is less sweet? I might need to fix it down with something, because it's a bit too much as it currently stands.

@krooton By adding one scoop of Vegan Blend, how much did that reduce the overall sweetness?

I also tried some of the chocolate. Too sweet. Back to Huel it is!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Difficult to say, but adding 1kg to 5kg means I would have expected a 16% reduction in sweetness.

Interesting that you find the chocolate too sweet, I find it pretty much bang on, whereas Vanilla is more akin to Angel Delight. Still, diluting even with just more water reduces the sweetness.

I baked some whole fuel cookies yesterday.

100g rolled oats
200g whole fuel vanilla/vegan blend mix
50g coconut flour
100g erythritol
50g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt

240g melted butter
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 eggs
50ml milk

Sift and mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Mix all wet ingredients (I used the batter attachement on the KitchenAid), then add all the dry.
Beat until a dough forms.
Use icecream scoop to for patties (flatten with your hands as the cookies won't spread out like normal ones).
Bake at 180ºC for 15-20 minutes.
They will be pretty soft, but will firm up on cooling.

Made 24 yummy cookies!

Soldato
Have ordered a bag of the Raspberry Vanilla Whole Fuel ( really good price right now), to be honest im sick of most foods at lunch time now, and was hoping this would make a good alternative.
Any reviews on this flavour?

Soldato
50% off Whole Fuel atm on MP - use this referral code PAUL-R3G3 or link :D

Running out of the Huel I got off Freefaller (thanx <3) so got 2.5lg vanilla-rasberry and 5kg chocolate for half price.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been using Huel for well over a year but for the last 12 days that’s all I have been taking, apart from water and tea with skimmed milk.

Been working my ass off and training every second day, thought I wouldn’t last as long and ther cravings would haunt me, feel good, will report back in 18 days and see if I can do a month.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Been using Huel for well over a year but for the last 12 days that’s all I have been taking, apart from water and tea with skimmed milk.

Been working my ass off and training every second day, thought I wouldn’t last as long and ther cravings would haunt me, feel good, will report back in 18 days and see if I can do a month.
How long did you last?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I tried it at one point, think I got about a week. In the end it was the craving for biting a big juicy steak that ended that experiment. Might try again soon though, I'm just having whole fuel for breakfast and the occasional lunch at work
I'm finding it very hard to be consistent. I can happily have it 2-3 times a day with nothing else in between, but as soon as I miss a meal my mind tells me nothing will satisfy except something greasy and unhealthy. After one of those, it takes days/weeks to even push myself to make another smoothy. I am not sick of the taste at all, its just the idea of not chewing something can be a big turn off.

FWIW I've been using 2/3 whole fuel and 1/3 huel til my huel supply is done. Huel doesn't mix well enough for me.

Soldato
I'm about to start Huel back up. Spending too much money on food at work especially.

I've managed to do an entire week only using Huel once. It was tough for the first few days but i found having chewing gum really helped.

Associate
I'm still happily having Huel and have even upped the amount per day. Two mixes of 150g unflavoured with 8g Cadbury drinking chocolate (~640cals) occasionally being topped up with water, drunk while at work. I've also been having a small mix most nights so I stop munching biscuits, bread etc. I do give it a quick blend as I've found just using a mixer ball and shaking isn't enough. It surprises me how many seem to enjoy the vanilla. The free sample I tried was sickly sweet no matter how much water I added.

Soldato
still using it for morning meals only. I've been blending it as well to make it nice and smooth. 50% vanilla & 50% plain mix with some frozen fruit chucked in as well for some extra flavour. I eat anywhere from 60g to 2 x 70g in the morning/mid morning depending on how much cycling I've been doing. Lunch and dinner are just usual food for me.

Back
Top Bottom