• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti prices. Has everyone got a screw loose?

Associate
Account hacked, confirmed.
From Ebay this morning.
"We think eBay account zgemma-net has been used without the account owner's permission, so we're now restoring it to them. To protect this member's privacy, we can't share any more details about their account."
Wonder if they actually got anyone to fall for it.

Soldato
I need to buy now so should it be a 1080Ti for £839 or a Titan XP for £999? Only downside to the XP is I don't like the silly Starwars card on offer.

Soldato
My EVGA 1080ti FTW3 is now £150 more expensive than when I bought it before Christmas. :eek:

I can't see how this is sustainable. If prices don't drop then PC gaming is in very serious trouble. :(

Soldato
My EVGA 1080ti FTW3 is now £150 more expensive than when I bought it before Christmas. :eek:

I can't see how this is sustainable. If prices don't drop then PC gaming is in very serious trouble. :(

Has been for a while TBH. Once the consoles started using PC kit and then when Nvidia bumped prices up a brand, the writing was on the wall.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, I ran out of patience and brought one of the evga 1080ti sc2's with it's silly £200 markup (gaming pc has been sat there unfinished for over a month!)

I swear if I don't get at least 3 mini packets of tangfastics with it I'll be really annoyed!

Permabanned

Same here, I spent silly money on my Vega Nitro yet today it's around £200 more than it was when I got mine a month ago.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
I need to buy now so should it be a 1080Ti for £839 or a Titan XP for £999? Only downside to the XP is I don't like the silly Starwars card on offer.

I would go XP its faster with more cuda cores and has will hold better resale as all 1080tis after this mining crash will plummet the price and most people dont like buying ex mining cards.

Soldato

Definitely Titan XP, even out of principle. Wouldn't pay these prices even if I was desperate because the moment non mining folk give in and start coughing up the cash then the slower these prices will be to come back down.

If you don't like the cooler, tear it off and stick an AIO on it. :D

Soldato
People should wait for the next gen cards, especially from Nvidia. I expect the equivalent 1060 replacement to be £500. 1070 replacement £700 and 1080 replacement £999. You mark my words this will be the new scale of prices from the get go. Then add on top the retailers price gouging.

Permabanned
People should wait for the next gen cards, especially from Nvidia. I expect the equivalent 1060 replacement to be £500. 1070 replacement £700 and 1080 replacement £999. You mark my words this will be the new scale of prices from the get go.

Yeah I am going to wait, was going to upgrade to 1080ti but I think I'll wait for next gen.

Associate
Well damn, £929 and only one bag of Tangfastics!!!

5tXBm7C.jpg

Joking of course :)

(While I'm not thrilled at a £200 markup, I was willing to pay it as I needed a reasonable stopgap card until gtx Volta varients launch, can't blame OCUK for charging market prices, supply vs demand etc)

Soldato
People should wait for the next gen cards, especially from Nvidia. I expect the equivalent 1060 replacement to be £500. 1070 replacement £700 and 1080 replacement £999. You mark my words this will be the new scale of prices from the get go. Then add on top the retailers price gouging.

This,as it seems people think £900 to £1000 is a good deal for a 80TI series card. So expect the next fastest sub £300 card to be around GTX1060/RX580 level performance at best,which means similar performance for the last 4+ years,and this price range is the most represented on Steam,ie,most gamers. This means the blasted consoles for the average gamer,are now getting closer and closer to the PC and why 95% of major AAA games now also on consoles,ie,AAA PC exclusives are less and less common now and most of them are games which don't need mega graphics cards.

I have been a PC gamer for at least 15 years,and I have never seen such a stagnation in mainstream performance and such a price inflation for normal gaming cards.

So stagnanting performance,means most PC games won't be moving forward that much graphically in the next few years,and its still why Crysis even now is still not bad looking especially with mods and is a decade old. When Crysis came out,the 8800GTS 512MB had more or less the same performance as the top end 8800GTX for under £250.I still remember when the top Nvidia card,ie,a GTX580 was around £450.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom