• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti prices. Has everyone got a screw loose?

Soldato
But then why scam for such an obvious scam price? Why not stick them on for like £279.99 and at least look at little legit while making more money and selling just as fast.

Just seems a lot odd to highlight you're scamming in the price

Because there's a sucker born every minute :p

Soldato
But then why scam for such an obvious scam price? Why not stick them on for like £279.99 and at least look at little legit while making more money and selling just as fast.

Just seems a lot odd to highlight you're scamming in the price

It's a good question.

I wonder if £85 is too little an amount for PayPal to bother investing much time investigating.

I.e. if they can sell 10 cards at £85 across 10 accounts and paypal write it off, then easy for them to do.

At £300 each PayPal will likely spend more time investigating, and that could lead to things like the police getting involved etc...

Associate
It's a scam, there are so many of them. Check OZ talks hardwares video on it.
They send you an old card with like a 210 GPU on it. hard to get your money back because they claim they delivered. AVOID.

Also they used hacked eBay accounts. Hence the decent feedback.

I presumed it was some sort of scam or misleading info, like you only get an empty box etc, or just the accessories, but 5 have sold and yes, above poster is correct in saying its such an obvious pricing change from the regular card.

Associate
Not this late I wouldn't pay that price mate,problem is when will this price hike be over,why do the retailers feel the need to charge what they do is it just pure greed ?

Unfortunately its just makes business sense. More demand and Less product calls for higher prices to recover profits on a product which they cannot sell as much of as they normally would

Soldato
first off, before I rant on about the 10% hike in the price on a 1080ti, it may of come to the attention already of the simple lack of these cards for sale. Last week you could pick up a 1080ti for a little under £700. Least it seems you could.

I went and bought one, or rather, pre order one, only to find out today that the expected arrival time for it was the END OF MARCH! I fished about for another one, only to see prices had hit the roof. It feels like the equivalent of OPEC are running the nvidia market. Only difference being OPEC do at least allow the odd few million barrels of oil into the market - nvidia has given up making 1080ti's!

What's bloody happening? Everyone's gone mad.

Why should they care about your GTX1080TI which "only" costs £700 - there are gamers paying over £900 and thinking its perfectly fine.

So,why should they prioritise £700 GTX1080TI cards,when they can have people paying £200+ more for the same cards and patting each other on the back for doing so.

If I was a business I would price the cards as high as I could,due to people willing to pay those prices,just like with microtransactions. Why listen to people moaning about them,when the whales will spend £100s on the game buying stuff?? I heard that EA has put pack microtransactions into Star Wars Battlefront 2. I don't blame them as they know for everyone moaning about it many will gladly not care.

You only have to look at the revenue for companies like EA,"games as a service" revenue,ie,things like microtransactions are huge.

Prices have been slowly going upwards over time before mining for graphics cards,and its gamers who justify the pricing. Its why under £300 performance has stagnated for so many years now.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a good question.

I wonder if £85 is too little an amount for PayPal to bother investing much time investigating.

I.e. if they can sell 10 cards at £85 across 10 accounts and paypal write it off, then easy for them to do.

At £300 each PayPal will likely spend more time investigating, and that could lead to things like the police getting involved etc...

Ahh yes! Very good point. I'm sure there is something specific about the price to do with policy...I mean it's gotta be that other wise it's so random. I'm actually annoyed by it lol. Scam properly!!

Soldato
why do the retailers feel the need to charge what they do is it just pure greed ?

Huh? It's greed all round. Whose greed should be protected?

Miners for wanting to make money with them?

Retailers for knowing the demand is far more than the supply they can ever get and therefore they'd be idiots to not raise the price?

Gamers wanting more fps for trivial purposes of entertainment?

Soldato
Why should they care about your GTX1080TI which "only" costs £700 - there are gamers paying over £900 and thinking its perfectly fine.

So,why should they prioritise £700 GTX1080TI cards,when they can have people paying £200+ more for the same cards and patting each other on the back for doing so.

Point out gamers that think it's perfectly fine and patting each other on the back?

Associate
Just been in the shop i found with the FTW3s for £900

He said he hasn't inflated his prices like other places, just his usual mark up. But they are getting more expensive for him to source from suppliers, he said he has been looking at stock for his next batch to replace these and it looks like there will be a 20% increase so they will be going up more soon.

So I need to make my mind up if I should take the plunge and get one so I have one.

Soldato
Just been in the shop i found with the FTW3s for £900

He said he hasn't inflated his prices like other places, just his usual mark up. But they are getting more expensive for him to source from suppliers, he said he has been looking at stock for his next batch to replace these and it looks like there will be a 20% increase so they will be going up more soon.

So I need to make my mind up if I should take the plunge and get one so I have one.

In different times, I would have advised you to wait until Volta drops then pick up a Pascal card when the prices fall. However, when Volta drops, if there are any Pascal cards left to decrease in price, they'll just be snapped up like all the rest. Bad times indeed.

Soldato
I also would like to upgrade but no way can justify around £1000 for a top end card.

Whilst you may have to wait a while longer for prices to come back down or the availability of a new generation of Nvidia cards, you can at least take comfort in the fact that you're a sane sensible human being and not part of the no self control idiot crowd paying £900-£1000 for a two year old GPU design.

Associate
Whilst you may have to wait a while longer for prices to come back down or the availability of a new generation of Nvidia cards, you can at least take comfort in the fact that you're a sane sensible human being and not part of the no self control idiot crowd paying £900-£1000 for a two year old GPU design.

I see you're still here trolling.

While I feel for you that your bank account won't allow you to buy a GPU, why do you feel the constant need to belittle those who can afford to pay a bit over the odds?

You're attitude towards me when I paid £150 over rrp for a card was disgusting and I see it hasn't changed. Despite the fact that me buying a new card had no impact on you whatsoever, in fact it meant my old 1070 went to a forum member for free (granted, it was not this forum), so there was a positive outcome for someone who needed a new GPU.

People like you are a disgrace.. just leave mate.

And the bad news for you continues as manufacturers have already announced a rise in the rrp for all cards across the board.

Last edited:
Soldato
I presumed it was some sort of scam or misleading info, like you only get an empty box etc, or just the accessories, but 5 have sold and yes, above poster is correct in saying its such an obvious pricing change from the regular card.

been happening for years. They dont actually send you anything. You pay for it, they withdraw the money into whatever account, you dont get anything then log a report. Ebay put the paypal account in minus balance they dont get their money back the scammer disappears and Paypal/Ebay have to cover the bill. The buyer gets their money back after x amount of days. Often its money laundering. Wouldnt be surprised if they tried it at a low price to test the water. There was one poster highlighted on here last year selling non-existant Titan's. Just wait a week or two and watch the negatives ratings come flooding in.

Its easier to do than you think there are sites readily found via google that sell hacked accounts. You can even sell and buy ebay legitimate accounts with good ratings. Not to be condoned in any way and if its too good to be true it often is. Probably people praying on the high price of gpu's.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

While I feel for you that your bank account won't allow you to buy a GPU, why do you feel the constant need to belittle those who can afford to pay a bit over the odds?

You're attitude towards me when I paid £150 over rrp for a card was disgusting and I see it hasn't changed. Despite the fact that me buying a new card had no impact on you whatsoever, in fact it meant my old 1070 went to a forum member for free (granted, it was not this forum), so there was a positive outcome for someone who needed a new GPU.

And the bad news for you continues as manufacturers have already announced a rise in the rrp for all cards across the board.

Very well said mate.

Soldato

This post displays a complete lack of self control, as well as factually inaccurate claims.

..don't mistake can't for won't.

..and year two newcomers like you don't get to tell 14yr veterans like me to leave. If the Mods feel I've stepped over the line, I'm sure they'll deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom